The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[ZOS] New AvAvA campaign systems

GeorgeBlack
GeorgeBlack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
15 Day Standard that only awards campaign points/emperorship during a peak hour window of 7 hours
15 Day Standard that only awards campaign points/emperorship during a counter-peak hour for people that don't play from that continent
7 Day no CP which awards campaign points/emperorship during a peak hour window of 7 hours
7 Day no CP which awards campaign points/emperorship during a counter-peak EU hour for people that don't play from that continent
Under 50

Campaigns are either empty and used as no conflict farming zones, or in the case of the 30 Day Standard EU they are being won by the morning-no conflict map cappers.
I am pretty sure people most people want a Cyrodiil which is lively and competitive. At least EU atm looks lame.

This topic has nothing to do with the event. However I noticed that you managed to open campaigns rather easily because of the population problems; don't know what you wasted a few days of the event when it could be done since before the start of the event. The other thing I noticed is that as soon as many servers are open, factions start to no conflict farm campaigns. Kastav EU is full Red atm. Xarxes is either Yellow or Blue. I don't know what they are farming since there are no more resources to take back but I know that it looks ugly.

tl;dr After the event:
Address downtime capping which leads to campaign auto-win by having Cyrodiil award points on campaign Peak Hours
Add counter-peak hour campaigns to accommodate oceaninc/Asian or nightshift players. Hopefully these groups will make a lively competitive campaign a reality.
Fill campaigns with people. No need for many campaigns, just the 5 mentioned above. No more empty/farming campaigns.
Change 30 days to 15 days. There is no contest when a faction leads by 2k points. Why waste time waiting for the end?

Increase server capabilities a little bit. We need it. Empty campaigns is not the solution.

PS: Make Imperial City/Sewer servers a different dimension. No need for the Horse ride since there are no access restrictions any more. Might help with population problems as well. Maybe even make them more meaningfull.

Edited by GeorgeBlack on July 27, 2017 7:50AM
  • Ravingar
    Ravingar
    ✭✭✭
    Seems mainly like a problem on the EU server. Im on the NA server and the campaigns are basically almost full for most of the time. (From what I've seen). Might be that people on the EU prefer an easy win or something since you said that the individual campaigns are full of a specific alliance.

I think its mainly a player issue rather than a gameplay issue. The current campaign system seems fine, (to me anyway).
    PC NA
    User ID : @Ravingar | CP 830+

Tommo Bladell | Redguard | Dragonknight | Stamina | DPS
    Ma'Muhn | Breton | Templar | Magicka | Healer
    Falls-Over-Regularly | Argonian | Warden | Magicka | Tank
    Jinjiin | High Elf | Sorcerer | Magicka | DPS
    Ruv'erenar | Khajiit | Nightblade | Magicka | DPS
    Exkalibur Whitesmith | Nord | Dragonknight | Stamina | Tank
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 2 campaigns they opened are in development servers, not regular game servers.

They are emergency campaign they made available for the event as a band-aid solution. Ironically, they are as smooth as a baby's ass, so... possible fix to the lag, there *hint* *hint*
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't worry yourself about it too much. Its likely that Kastav and Xarxes will be closed after the event.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • KingWhyteboi
    KingWhyteboi
    ✭✭✭
    On Xbox na 3 cp campaigns are popped locked almost all day and in prime all 4 are
    v16 dark elf temp
    v16 imperial nb
    v16 khajiit nb
    v16 imperial dk
    v16 high elf sorc
    v16 breton temp
    v16 high elf nb
    v16 dark elf dk
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Simpler solution - Points gained are directly related to population.

For example, if you are EP and hold DC keep, if there are no DC logged on in Cyrodiil, you gain much less points compared to when you hold the same keep and DC is pop locked. This would minimize the PvDoor effects on Cyrodiil, without having any impact on AP gain.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Peak hour for one group is not peak hour for another group so limiting emporership to being granted during only peak or off peak hours is not thought through very well and as such is an ill thought idea. Severs ok both continents have a wide range of time zones participating as well as shift workers. They should not be locked out of any campaign because of silly ideas.

OP wants to split guilds up as well as friends as a result. Another product of such a poor idea.

Granted, OP probably made the thread to obtain feedback on his idea. Besides, as others have pointed out, Zos opened up additional campaigns for the event. They're likely to be closed.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Limiting anything to specific time zones is ridiculous. Just make all the campaigns 30-days. That will result in less people trying to farm or buy emperor etc, which happens most often on the 7-day campaign.