Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I am a bit confused about how cloak works anymore

Bazeric
Bazeric
✭✭✭✭
Seems that NPCs Agony and Bloodcraze DoTs aren't surpressed by dark cloak.is that the nature of this skill in PVE now?

(Montcliar Soldiers etc in Rivenspire)
Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe cloak supresses dots or CCs if they are cast on you before you cloak.

But cloaking does make light/heavy attacks and direct damaging abilities miss you, if you time it right.

I believe - I've just started messing around on a NB, but have noticed the randomness of cloak as well.
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloak doesn't clear DoT's anymore. Dark cloak used to cleanse you from dots, not anymore.
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing with NPCs different from players is after the actual 3-4 seconds of cloak, they see you even if you crouched before going in and seemingly regardless of distance if you were in combat half the time. The other half, it resets the NPC completely. Seems the only use for it is to get the crit and damage bonus due to that