The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

@Zos Design Team - new armor design issue - shoulder switch

Nemesis7884
Nemesis7884
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Okay this might be a small issue but it is triggerin my ocd so hard - so far the design team has been very consistent with that but now thrown it over board to no benefit

Looking at the new armor design - all the shoulder straps go to the left shoulder... this has never been the case in the past looking at the minotaur or mercenary armor which also feature an asymetric shoulder design.

Why is it an issue when the strap goes to the left shoulder? Well because when you then combine one of the other sets shoulder pauldron or -even more likely- a monster set pauldron - it sits on the shoulder opposite to where the strap supposed to hold it is going to - and that just looks super ***...

I just can't see the design benefit of that or why they didn't take this into account... might be something minor but it will look just so stupid and for some reason is annoying me imensly currently...

Old design / as well as monster sets which all sit on the right shoulders

Minotaur-Rawhide-Male-Close-Front.jpg

Mercenary-Iron-Male-Close-Front.jpg

New armors - left shoulder

Pillar-of-Nirn-Female-Close-Front.jpg

Blooddrinker-Female-Close-Front.jpg

Hargravens-Garden-Female-Close-Front.jpg

• RainfeatherUK
    RainfeatherUK
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the issue in the slightest. The purpose of the Pauldron, is not to catch your straps - its for protection and defence.

Some armors possess asymmetrical design, some don't. ZoS are historically on point. Traditionally you'd use just the singular to prevent glancing blows in less heavier armors, whilst freeing shoulder mobility in the other. That would alternate depending on what weapon you would wield, from short sword and shield to longsword/ without. Variety, came from design and application. Also whether you are left or right handed.

They could add an option to adjust the side to fit the armament, but since that isn't likely, one would assume having some variety from left/right is actually an improvement of a sort.
    Edited by RainfeatherUK on July 31, 2017 8:58AM
    Options
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah its ur ocd.
    Options