The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

3 BG Changes Please

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
1) You should not be able to stand at your spawn point and peg people with ranged weapons or mag abilities. Plain and simple. It's a cheap tactic exclusive to ranged fighters and can be used to mop up kills.

Which leads me to my second request.

2) The kill should go to the person who has done the most damage to the target. While I do enjoy snaking 2 or 3 kills with a well placed dawnbreaker I believe the game would more evenly reflect the skill of the team if kills were scores off of who actually put in the work.

3) This is just an idea since domination is kinda boring. Add more enviro damage to this one so teams have to work to keep each other alive and can't just easily run from flag to flag. I'm envisioning mechanics similar to the spinning blades that would pop up around flags. Right now that mode is just lacking. Either that or maybe require flags to be held for a certain amount of time, or something where it's a fight for whoever holds one flag the longest so they'd have to hold off the apposing teams and the offensive teams would need to decide how to dispose of the defenders and other attackers. Just spitballing here.
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 is not a big deal. The time spent in range of an enemy spawn is low. It helps discourage spawn camping. If someone is too scared to get on the map and engage, they are not really much if a threat.

2. Assists are there for a reason. In a game where someone can go from 10% health to 100% in 1 second, getting the killing blow is the most important part. Let's say I fight a tanky player and whittle him down to 30% but then I get killed by his team mate. Just after that, one of my team mates kills the tank. In this case, I don't deserve the "kill" because I wouldn't have actually killed the tank. I deserve an "assist."

3. I agree that more environmental effects that players can trigger would be fun and add more depth to matches.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dpencil1 sure for number one I can agree. I get your point for number 2 but that situation also encourages one team just snaking kills with NBs or ranged attacks. Who care who gets the kill if it's the same team. If you and your buddy finish a tank I still think whoever did the most work should get the kill, but in that case to me it doesn't matter as long as your team gets it. I'm more talking about apposing team using ranged attacks to get kills or just watching the battle for kill strikes.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    dpencil1 sure for number one I can agree. I get your point for number 2 but that situation also encourages one team just snaking kills with NBs or ranged attacks. Who care who gets the kill if it's the same team. If you and your buddy finish a tank I still think whoever did the most work should get the kill, but in that case to me it doesn't matter as long as your team gets it. I'm more talking about apposing team using ranged attacks to get kills or just watching the battle for kill strikes.

In that case, how do you measure damage done to the target? Since they last spawned, counting only damage done by players, individually for every player in the match? Even if that would work without significant impact on performance, you're left with the kills going to seemingly uninvolved players.
    Let's say player A from team orange loses in total 150% of their hp to player B from the purple team, made possible by outhealing for a while. Player A recovers and after a while loses the at the time remaining 50% to player C from team green. It is irrelevant who dealt the damage before the killing blow unless someone dealt more than player B. Player B would get the killing blow if one of their teammates had damaged player A from 100% to 50%. Player B would get the killing blow if player C and their teammate had both dealt 50% of player A's hp in damage to kill them. Player B would even get the killing blow if player C killed player A all alone. Or maybe player C surpassed player B in total damage with the killing blow, dealing 70% of player A's hp in damage when the latter had only 10% left?

You see, that's an untransparent system that doesn't actually reward skill any better. That's why it's not used, and that's why we have assists.
    Edited by ToRelax on July 30, 2017 12:50PM
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    I think the simple solution would be to reward the player who had his kill stolen in deathmatch with like 2-3 points, ideally with such an amount that sorcs would think twice before stealing a lot.

Also, the assists are rewarded with medals regardless and that contributes to your total score.

Otherwise the game can calculate the damage done to each player, remember your own death log.