The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Text Error in Quest

Sixsixsix161
Sixsixsix161
✭✭✭
In multiple MMos, my bug reports usually involve text errors in books and/or discussions.

So, without further ado, here is number one:

Quest: Long Lost Lore
Quest Giver: Arch-Mage Shalidor
Objective: Obtain 4 books from the Daedric Prince Sheogorath

After you're teleported from the mages' guild you arrive in Cheesemonger's Hollow, where eventually you meet Sheogorath's house keeper Haskill. When you explain to Haskill what your purpose is for coming there, he opens a portal that summons a number of daedric enemies you have to kill.

After you kill the last one and talk to Haskill again, the conversation goes as follows:

Haskill: "That was unexpectedly competent. You'd make an adequate house servant.

"I don't suppose you'd consider it? The pay is meager, but the fringe benefits are appaling."

The last sentence is incorrect. It should either read:

"The pay is meager, AND the fringe benefits are appealing," or
"The pay is meager, BUT the fringe benefits are appealing."

I presume the word BUT is correct here, then the word appaling isn't correct and should be changed to appealing.

• Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a joke!
    Haskill is a sarcastic kind of guy.

"pay is low, but the fringe benefits are terrible"
    :D
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "I don't suppose you'd consider it? The pay is meager, but the fringe benefits are appaling."

The only thing wrong with that text is the spelling.

PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

The only thing wrong with that text is the spelling.

As I said. But maybe ZOS likes appaling, in which case BUT needs to be changed to AND.

LOL, I just noticed I, too, made a typo. In my original post, The first sentence, the second part I should have written "appaling," not "appealing" like I did.