The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ultimate ability change request: bow

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
@Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno

Note that this isn't a nerf thread. It's simply a request to open up some dps/ap potential you've reserved for half of players to the other half. When we look at Eye of the Storm in pvp, this ultimate offers:

1. Damage that cannot be interrupted or canceled
2. Damage that travels with the caster
3. Damage that affects multiple players in a wide area

This ability was designed as a "Zerg buster" (or to make zergs invincible...it's hard to tell what the thought process was). Because of these mechanics, a well-timed EoTS can offer more than 250,000 damage in a single cast at an enemy group. This has given rise to the "bomber" strategy.

Stamina characters have nothing that compares to this ability. That's not to say they don't have some great ultimates. But in terms of this specific mechanic, they don't. And in pvp that's unfortunate because:

A. Magic bombers are using this ability to earn massive AP at once.
B. This is multiplied in a keep/resource defense situation.

As a result, stamina characters are at a huge disadvantage in earning AP, emperorship, achievements, rewards, etc. I would estimate that my stamblade needs to stalk and kill 20 enemies in order to earn the same AP produced by a really successful bomb. This is a huge time investment not just because I need to complete so many successful kills, but because it's far easier to find a group of enemies all at once than to find many solo players / small groups.

One simple solution for fairer PVP: give stam players the exact same mechanics in an alternate ultimate. Eliminate bow's toxic barrage and replace it with an ultimate that compares to the Destro.

Proposed new ultimate morph

Bow
"Blot Out the Sun"

Call down a mystical barrage of arrows on your location, dealing 7,000 physical damage every second for 7 seconds in an X meter area.

This is basically a "mega endless hail," and the proposed ability should be set to produce similar dps results as Eye of the Storm. This wouldmopen the same strategies and AP gain potential to stamina characters that you've given magic toons.

I'm not discussing whether EoTS is good or bad for pvp as a whole. I'm simply saying that as long as it exists on a weapon ability open to any class, there should be a stamina version that offers these players similar perks.

• Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a fellow stamblade who sometimes plays in larger groups, I say yes, bring it on!
    Edited by Aztlan on July 27, 2017 6:31PM
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    this is a horrible idea, so now instead of just having to worry about destro bombs ive also gotta worry about stam bow bombs? NTY
    if anything the Destro ulti needs to be tuned down.
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same same but different? Nah thanks, no "need" for an exact copy of something else. Diversity etc., you know it. Doesn't means I'm not in for a change to toxic barrage. Is that DoT cleanable btw?

An big space AoE ulit would be interesting for bow but don't make it a cheap copy. Maybe something directional? AoE cone DoT?
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You mean like stamina would like get like AoE damage that would like be competitive against like big groups ye? That is not allowed. :smiley:
  • Maole1989
    Maole1989
    ✭✭✭
    As a victim of many unnatural elemental storms, I can definitely see where you're coming from. :smiley: Although I like both the morphs of the bow ultimate, I won't be opposed to the change. Would adding a second ultimate in the Assault and Support skill lines be a good alternative?
    [1 Corinthians 13] [John 15:13] [John 3:16]
    Maole_1989 - PS4 NA EP
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @scipionumatia

I also think the amount of damage is ridiculously OP on this ability. My suggestion is just to offer stam users the same, nerfing both as needed.

@Chilly-McFreeze

I agree that it could/should be slightly different. I'd leave that up to the developers...maybe a debuff, or variation in damage.

Or hey, how about this? (Programming nightmare incoming). When a bow user procs it, the aoe DOT starts on everyone within the ability radius. But then it sticks to everyone who gets smacked with the first tick *no matter where they go*. So, ten people on flag...bow runs up, procs...arrows start landing and everyone scatters, but now have arrow barrages chasing them all over the dang place. Ha. (Damage would have to be reduced to offset that).
    Edited by davey1107 on July 27, 2017 11:07PM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nononononnon

One destro ult is bad enough. Pls not two.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • BaByDontHurtMe
    BaByDontHurtMe
    ✭✭✭
    I like it and make the turret morph target multiple targets within the range of cast. More mayhem please.
  • Araviel2
    Araviel2
    ✭✭✭
    Destro ulti is a pitiful ulti unless used in group or stacked with proxy detonation/sap.
    if you stam guys wants to get on equal level then its not a better ultimate that you need, it is something like proxy detonation that you need. a delayed aoe burst skill that you can stack with your dawnbreaker.
    Araviel -Professional Zerg surfing mutagen spammer [DC-EU]
  • Maole1989
    Maole1989
    ✭✭✭
    Araviel2 wrote: »
    if you stam guys wants to get on equal level then its not a better ultimate that you need, it is something like proxy detonation that you need.

I like the sound of a stam version of proxy det. :smiley:

[1 Corinthians 13] [John 15:13] [John 3:16]
    Maole_1989 - PS4 NA EP
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love this idea!
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stam bow players can get a lot of AP just sitting in the back of a group spamming snipe with no worries of death...

I think bow is just fine in pvp

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It could be an aoe burst ult, sort of like proxy.

Launch an volley of arrows into the air all at once and they all strike around you.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.