The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Three Things Battlegrounds Needs ASAP:

TeIvanni
TeIvanni
✭✭✭✭
I myself have found Battlegrounds, in its current state, to be lacking.
I have also heard numerous guild-mates complain about the lack of functionality in Battlegrounds as well.
These following additions to Battlegrounds would make the game much more enjoyable.

A Skill Rating:
Battle Grounds needs a skill rating system.
A system where your wins and losses are tracked and recorded, and your skill rating is adjusted accordingly.
A system where winning against teams that are scored lower than you gains you less skill rating, and upsetting a team who has more skill rating than you grants you more.

In its current state, Battle Grounds is unpredictable and unfair.
You're just as likely to get paired against new players, who have never played battlegrounds before, as you are against a 4-stack of hardcore players using some form of teamspeak.
The game would be much more rewarding and engaging, if you knew that every time you queue you had both a challenge and a fighting chance.

Choose Your Gamemode:
Many players i have run into have complained about the inability to choose a specific game mode.
It would be ideal to have the option to choose which game mode you queue for.

Certain builds are useful in one game mode and irrelevant in another.
This inflexibility can make queuing for that specific game mode a chore as well as off putting.

Play Against Friends/Guildmates:
I am in a guild and a few of the officers wanted to host a battlegrounds event.
Unfortunately there is currently no way to create 3 teams and pair up against eachother.

Implementing the ability to match up against other specific teams could open up the ability for tournaments and guild events.
-Telvanni
The Greatest of the Great Houses

Late Night ERP GM
Nightfighters - Officer/Raid Lead
[Immortal Redeemer]
[Gryphonheart]
[Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. I agree with you that a long-term ranking system would be nice. Of course, you don't really get to tailor what sort of opponents you go up against in Cyrodiil or IC either. So if they can at least get pugs with pugs and pre-mades with pre-made consistently (which is supposed to be happening), that's the only really essential thing.

2. I disagree at this stage. Eventually, if the BG player base swells, then perhaps this could be implemented. As it stands, I think this would make que times much longer and make it harder for skill matching ala point one.

3. I'm definitely on board with this. I could imagine an easy way to implement it might be having players join a group as a raid and then have players select healer(4)/tank(4)/dps(4), so the teams would be split based on their role selection.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with two of those things. However I think random game modes is good. Now that they're fixed they seem to come up in a good mix and allowing people to choose would probably lead to one or more of them having no one playing or one team simply dominating because they've built just for that. Random game modes require people to bring versatile teams/builds and keeps things more competitive.
  • lelink88
    lelink88
    ✭✭✭
    Similar to my idea, And I wanna bet an amount of money before dual or challenge my guild mate with batleground. It will be fun