The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

@ Melee Stamblades how would you combine these gear sets?

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
Currently running:

Spriggans (DW front bar), Cowards Gear (2H back bar), Agilty (weap damage)

But I'm also thinking of the following

Spriggans (DW front bar), Briarheart (2h back bar) Agility (stam cost reduction x 2, stam regen 1)

Sword-Singer (2h front bar, 3 jewellery (stam reduce/regen), legs), Air (2h back bar), 4 body, 2 pc monster set (either stam regen or weapomn crit or damage - happy to swap the glyps with the jewellry).

My other Stamblade runs

Hundings (DW front bar, 3 body), Clever Alchemist (4 body, DW back bar). Agility (weap damage) - this build is ther most effective one yet and the only true 'proc'-type set I use (I prefer my damage to be my own rather than a stupid imaginary bear/ duneripper etc). Weapons damage when buffed is 4400 and (i think) weapon crit is 61. This is the most effective none-proc set up I've found yet (I don't consider CA to be a true proc set, more of a buff set).

Anyone care to advise on these combos? Constructive criticism please. And try to avoid suggesting proc sets but feel free to suggest other sets. I'd prefer not to use proc-sets.
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sustain is going to be a nightmare for you. Bone-pirate is your friend :)
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drop Agility. Its not worth anymore compared to a monster set. Spriggans front bar and whatever else on body/jewerly whatever you do.

Even slimeclaw is better just so you can save a skill slot then agility next patch.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on July 26, 2017 12:13PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

I play almost exclusively on non-CP campaign and I use Dubious Camoran Throne drink and also animation cancel. The drink gives me 1400 stam regen so I can manage pretty good.
    If you look at the gear sets above you'll see that I mention I'm happy yto swap glyphs around on the jewellery.
    Talking of sustain, I much prefer 'cost reduction' glyphs than regen. I'm not to sure of the technical/mathmetical implications of that (LOL) but cost reduction whether stam or mag always seems to benefit me more.
    Bone Pirate is a very nice looking set though and I'm working towards getting a set including the jewellry.
    Edited by Bam_Bam on July 26, 2017 12:17PM
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    From the sets you mentioned spriggins and hundings and if sustain is a issue use the air jewelry for a boost
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop Agility. Its not worth anymore compared to a monster set. Spriggans front bar and whatever else on body/jewerly whatever you do.

Even slimeclaw is better just so you can save a skill slot then agility next patch.

Hi Soup! I'm still rocking that Hundings/ CleverAlchemist/Agility you suggested for me ages ago - its an absolute beast of a build lol. :smiley: Would you say CA > Hundings?
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • murdomac101
    murdomac101
    ✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »

Hi Soup! I'm still rocking that Hundings/ CleverAlchemist/Agility you suggested for me ages ago - its an absolute beast of a build lol. :smiley: Would you say CA > Hundings?

Are you running full medium out of interest?
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you running full medium out of interest?

Yes. I also have heavy Clever Alchemist chest and greaves if i need a little bit more resist.
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If your ganking CA > Hundings. If your not Plague Doctor > CA. Viper > Hundings even after next patch but infused for dw is best.

I dont do much ganking anymore. Your current setup is still probably bis for a none proc based gank. CA isnt a proc in my opinion.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use hundings and sprigs cp and spriggs bp no cp.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I chucked a buncha that recently, is it really worth running? Looks like it's only 2k max STAM with the drink buff.. isn't a food buff better?
  • Tigeracer
    Tigeracer
    ✭✭✭✭

I chucked a buncha that recently, is it really worth running? Looks like it's only 2k max STAM with the drink buff.. isn't a food buff better?

You wouldn't be using it for the max stam, its more for the regen. Besides, you get 2000 for the set and then another 3192 max stam from the dubious camoran throne drink (which is what most run with bone pirate).

The regen from using these is 150 from the set and then 319 for the drink.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use hundings and sprigs cp and spriggs bp no cp.

HI - assuming you're running them with Air jewellery? How do you combine it all to get the 5 piece bonus of both sets?
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually ignore that, I think i've figured it out 3 x Hundings body + 2 Hundings daggers, 4 Spriggans body + 1 Spriggans necklace, 2rings of Air (sounds sucky but trust me on this lol). I'm just crafting it and setting it up now - think I will have 2k regen which is more than enough (remember I said I can get by on 1400-1500)
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • TheRealSniker
    TheRealSniker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually ignore that, I think i've figured it out 3 x Hundings body + 2 Hundings daggers, 4 Spriggans body + 1 Spriggans necklace, 2rings of Air (sounds sucky but trust me on this lol). I'm just crafting it and setting it up now - think I will have 2k regen which is more than enough (remember I said I can get by on 1400-1500)

Instead of going with the 2 Rings just use Bloodspawn set, same recovery and you even get a bonus ability