The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Has endgame been changed any since a year ago (minus Morrrowind)?

Benie
Benie
✭✭✭
As I said before, I haven't played ESO in just over a year. And the main reason was the removal of the Veteran system. To me, it gave a point to do Kadwell's Silver and Gold. I've already completed Wrothgar on one of my chars (but got a bit fed up with The Dark Brotherhood in having to 'git gud' at being stealthy).
With Morrowind here (yet being an optional $40 upgrade), has the endgame been changed (if any)? Or is it still the same way it was (aka Kadwell's Silver/Gold, DLC's, or PvP)?

Also, are Stam Sorcerers still a valid thing? I believe they got nerfed once and I had to go Destro. Curious if that's still the case.
I'm just curious if it's worth coming back to ESO.
Edited by Benie on July 28, 2017 12:00AM
--Char info updated as of March 23rd, 2016 - PC NA--
Benie - VR1 Argonian Stam DragonKnight (2H Sword/Bow/WW)
Beniee - VR3 Nord Mag Sorcerer (Destruction Staff)

Well-known hotbar button spammer
  • SameMeteor26
    SameMeteor26
    ✭✭✭
    Benie wrote: »
    As I said before, I haven't played ESO in just over a year. And the main reason was the removal of the Veteran system. To me, it gave a point to do Kadwell's Silver and Gold. I've already completed Wrothgar on one of my chars (but got a bit fed up with The Dark Brotherhood in having to 'git gud' at being stealthy).
    With Morrowind here (yet being an optional $40 upgrade), has the endgame been changed (if any)? Or is it still the same way it was (aka Kadwell's Silver/Gold, DLC's, or PvP)?

Also, are Stam Sorcerers still a valid thing? I believe they got nerfed once and I had to go Destro. Curious if that's still the case.
    I'm just curious if it's worth coming back to ESO.

TBH endgame is still everything you said, but it's also mainly doing dungeons and trials to get the new BiS gear ( with this new update and the changes to traits, everyone's gonna have to go and grind to get their new weapons). Cadwells silver and gold seem kinda irrelevant now with one tamerial and the ability to go anywhere. Idk anyone that's trying to complete them.

Stam sorc is still decent but it's no where good compared to how it used to be.

Is this game worth coming back too? It's really up to you. I got really tired of the constant grind and the *** rng so I quit back in may. But I've actually come back this week and am kinda enjoying it. The break was nice. I tried other mmos but none seemed to stick.
    Edited by SameMeteor26 on July 28, 2017 12:34AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know about one tamriel I assume? you can go everywhere and its leveled to your level, it makes questing and farming on high level much better.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Benie
    Benie
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the answers there. However, I gotta ask...
    Stam sorc is still decent but it's no where good compared to how it used to be.
    what about soloing? Is it still decent in that?

• Benie
    Benie
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    You know about one tamriel I assume? you can go everywhere and its leveled to your level, it makes questing and farming on high level much better.
    The only things I know that are leveled to you, are dungeons, DLC's, and Kadwell's Silver/Gold. I never heard of this 'one tamriel'. Did they actually expand the game world (like all of Skyrim)?

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only things I know that are leveled to you, are dungeons, DLC's, and Kadwell's Silver/Gold. I never heard of this 'one tamriel'. Did they actually expand the game world (like all of Skyrim)?
    You are leveled to all zones and all zones is zp 160, much like the battle leveling in Cyrodil so you does not have to follow silver / gold.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Actually, the way it works is the reverse. All the NPCs and monsters in the world are CP 160 (VR 16). When you are starting out, you can go anywhere, and the mobs are not scaled down, instead you are scaled up to CP 160.

The scaling system is very well done IMO. Some of your stats are scaled up so it possible to do everything from low level, but as you increase in level, you certainly become much stronger as you get more skills and passives and are able to equip high level gear.

Also the scaling takes into account the quality of your gear and how close it is to your character level. So there is good reason to try to make or purchase new armor as you level up.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly its a little counter intuitive to most people that the gear you are wearing becomes weaker the more you level up, but it makes for a better game experience overall as you are not restricted by zone levels anymore and your low level friends can do about any content with you (exception being dungeons on veteran difficulty and/or hard mode).
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.