The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Another new player question: Sorcerer pet control / unsummon?

kichwas
kichwas
✭✭✭✭
I usually only play tanks and I generally dislike anything anywhere with the word "elf" in it... but late last night I made character #4 after seeing one too many dark elves in cut scenes...

So Dark Elf sorcerer... because I'm working my way through classes to see which I like...

I got that first pet "Summon Unstable Familiar" and it says it stays till killed or unsummoned. It is handy sometimes but if I am sneaking around it loves to run to the other side of the world and start attacking things...

So I looked for a way to control it and found the keybind, 'y' .., but this seems to do nothing except make me feel like I'm clicking buttons.

I also discovered I have no idea how to unsummon it... What's the trick for these things? Remove the spell and don't ever use it again, or something more useful? ;)
Jah bless
PST timezone - mostly PvE player.

Super casual player
Seeking a casual 'lets do some dungeons and world stuff together' guild.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to click y then mouse click on target for it to attack, y+ right click make it passive so it will stay at your side,
    Heavy attacks will also have it attack the target.

To unsummon, go to the carcter window in bottom its an list of buff, right click to remove including summons.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get the Addon "Pet Dismiss". Bind it to a key of your choice. Works great.
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I realize the OP is a PC player (from the "y" comment), but for any console players reading this thread, the "unsummoning" for consoles is done by going into the character menu, scrolling down to the active buffs, and then clicking on the familiar(s) - that dismisses them. (From @zaria's comment, it looks like it's the same for PC, just without the right-clicking.)

A (slightly) less convenient option is to remove the familiar from the active ability bar.
  • Benie
    Benie
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    y+ right click make it passive so it will stay at your side
    Wow. I wish I knew this sooner when being on the starter island and having to use the disguise (then watching as my pet goes after one of the sentrys and I'm forced to run).
    Thanks for sharing this.

--Char info updated as of March 23rd, 2016 - PC NA--
    Benie - VR1 Argonian Stam DragonKnight (2H Sword/Bow/WW)
    Beniee - VR3 Nord Mag Sorcerer (Destruction Staff)

Well-known hotbar button spammer
  • kichwas
    kichwas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Benie wrote: »
    zaria wrote: »
    y+ right click make it passive so it will stay at your side
    Wow. I wish I knew this sooner when being on the starter island and having to use the disguise (then watching as my pet goes after one of the sentrys and I'm forced to run).
    Thanks for sharing this.

That is exactly the situation that triggered me to post this thread. :)

That said my sorcerer did her first two dungeons over the weekend and after seeing the pet die on every pull I tossed it from my skill bar... Doesn't hold aggro when soloing and dies too fast in groups... so I just decided to go with the shock-body ability so having mobs on me when solo is a good thing...

But I do need to get that unsummon addon anyway if I go back to the pet later.
    Jah bless
    PST timezone - mostly PvE player.

Super casual player
    Seeking a casual 'lets do some dungeons and world stuff together' guild.