Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I don't know how to title this thread appropriately.

Nordic_Pirate
Nordic_Pirate
✭✭✭✭
I'm just wondering, outside of in game lore books and cross-referencing from other games, where can one find the true lore and history of Tamriel and everything that dwells within. I dare say I am a HUGE TES fan, more so than Tolkien and he's my favorite author/land I'd love to live...although I think I'd prefer to live in Tamriel. Idk, close match honestly. Love both. Anyway, how does one find this?
Yes, I do heartily repent. I repent I had not done more mischief; and that we did not cut the throats of them that took us, and I am extremely sorry that you aren't hanged as well as we.

— Anonymous pirate, asked on the gallows if he repented.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page, think this website should have what you're looking for.
  • Nordic_Pirate
    Nordic_Pirate
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks friend.
    Yes, I do heartily repent. I repent I had not done more mischief; and that we did not cut the throats of them that took us, and I am extremely sorry that you aren't hanged as well as we.

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UESP http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page

Imperial Library https://www.imperial-library.info/

For me, TES lore is similar to ASOIAF lore (in fact I believe that there should be some crossed influences)
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Nordic_Pirate
    Nordic_Pirate
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are there contradictions in the lore? For example, using ESO as a reference. Some book somewhere says that (fake, improving the example), the Aldmeri Dominion wins the three banners war, but another book elsewhere says that EP wins the war. Are there any known contradictions?

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can expect to find writings that are biased, speculative, misleading, misinformed, or any number of other things that would keep them from being "true" and "factual" representations of actual events. So yes, you'll run into some conflicting accounts of events, which I'm pretty sure is intentional considering that all of our in-universe sources are from in-universe writers with all of their foibles.

And of course you have instances where game creators put something in a game that contradicts other things in one or more games, or just made crap up as it suits them. That's usually where people start trying to rationalize why those contradictions can still make sense in-universe, and if all else fails there's always Dragon Break.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are there contradictions in the lore? For example, using ESO as a reference. Some book somewhere says that (fake, improving the example), the Aldmeri Dominion wins the three banners war, but another book elsewhere says that EP wins the war. Are there any known contradictions?

Yes... in fact TES 3 Morrowind was based on that... (Progress of Truth)

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Nordic_Pirate
    Nordic_Pirate
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes... in fact TES 3 Morrowind was based on that... (Progress of Truth)[/quote]

I got into TES with Oblivion. Extremely sad about that, I go back and try to play the older games but I just can't. I'm a snob with games and with the graphics and inability to change the controls I can't function. My controls are vastly different from that of most default games.

• Nordic_Pirate
    Nordic_Pirate
    ✭✭✭✭

I got into TES with Oblivion. Extremely sad about that, I go back and try to play the older games but I just can't. I'm a snob with games and with the graphics and inability to change the controls I can't function. My controls are vastly different from that of most default games.
    [/quote]

• Nordic_Pirate
    Nordic_Pirate
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ugh somehow I double posted, not idea how that happened.

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

[/quote]

You can try Morroblivion or Skywind, or even Morrowind Overhaul

Morroblivion: https://tesrenewal.com/morroblivion-download
    Skywind: https://tesrenewal.com/skywind-download
    Those are versions of Morrowind using Oblivion and Skyrim engines. Though they are nice, they can´t compare to original Morrowind immersion

Morrowind OH: http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/36945/?
    This turns Morowind into a 2012 game but keeping the same engine. Very nice to enjoy the immersion with decent graphics

All of them are for PC by the way.
    Edited by Xvorg on July 27, 2017 6:44PM

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Nordic_Pirate
    Nordic_Pirate
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

You can try Morroblivion or Skywind, or even Morrowind Overhaul

Morroblivion: https://tesrenewal.com/morroblivion-download
    Skywind: https://tesrenewal.com/skywind-download
    Those are versions of Morrowind using Oblivion and Skyrim engines. Though they are nice, they can´t compare to original Morrowind immersion

Morrowind OH: http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/36945/?
    This turns Morowind into a 2012 game but keeping the same engine. Very nice to enjoy the immersion with decent graphics

All of them are for PC by the way.[/quote]

Awesome, thank you so much for that. I wish the best of luck for you and your family for life.

• Nordic_Pirate
    Nordic_Pirate
    ✭✭✭✭

Awesome, thank you so much for that. I wish the best of luck for you and your family for life.[/quote]

Edited by Nordic_Pirate on July 27, 2017 6:47PM

• Nordic_Pirate
    Nordic_Pirate
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whatever, I suck with forums apparently.

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whatever, I suck with forums apparently.

xD
    here:
    Vr-yFPEtSFqDTlPdCP_Cuw.jpeg

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • FlaviusVoyage
    FlaviusVoyage
    ✭✭✭✭
    The author of "The Infernal City: An Elder Scrolls Novel" said in the "Acknowledgements" section that the Imperial Library website was an invaluable resource in writing that book. So it must be a good source.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The author of "The Infernal City: An Elder Scrolls Novel" said in the "Acknowledgements" section that the Imperial Library website was an invaluable resource in writing that book. So it must be a good source.

...and while the books are being brought up anyway, there are two books written by Greg Keyes that take place just a few decades after the Oblivion Crisis: The Infernal City and Lord of Souls. The tree in the Sleeping Tree Camp in Skyrim is implied to have come from the flying island that the plot of those books centers around, and additionally they're decent books. :)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Always use the UESP Wiki, Its the most reliable source. They don't put any fake lore on there.
    Whatever you do, Stay Away from c0da its pure fake lore.

en.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page