The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When can I craft purple glyphs?

erliesc
erliesc
✭✭✭
My crafting character has finished the main quest and is getting some purple stuff...wondering when I can start to use kuta and when I will be able to craft the purple stuff?

I've maxed all crafting/foods/drinks except clothing.

Is this during Caldwells silver and gold quest lines?
I know nutting....
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can craft purple glyphs at level 1 (well, probably more like 3 by the time you're out of the prison) if you level enchanting.

smile.gif
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to put the points into the crafting skill to craft purple or yellow
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Must be my crafting addon or my own ignorance...I've maxed enchanting.
    I know nutting....
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you actually invested the skill points into Aspect Improvement? That's what will allow you to make better "quality" glyphs; simply reaching Enchanting level 50 won't let you make higher quality or higher level glyphs.
    Edited by Tevalaur on July 21, 2017 3:28AM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can you max a craft and still not know how to use it?
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »

Very easy in this game. Deconstructing 10,000,000 items doesn't teach you anything about the crafting system except.... how to deconstruct.
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »

Very easy in this game. Deconstructing 10,000,000 items doesn't teach you anything about the crafting system except.... how to deconstruct.

You've got that right...I'm now making the purple and gold glyphs just a matter of realizing I could now do them. Bought a boatload of glyphs to deconstruct and didn't follow thru with making them....needed to click the newer tabs in the addon.

Had the same kind of issue with rubedite ingots and ruby ash...didn't know you needed a boatload to make something.

There are NO popups or hints if you don't realize the next steps....something like life???
    I know nutting....