The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Elemental drain broken..

Love Wizard
Love Wizard
✭✭✭✭✭
So, elemental drain the minor magickasteal only works for the actual caster now. Well done ZoS. Can you please stop breaking absolutely everything? It's bad enough that magicka is far behind in balance terms, but now you break our regen aswell. Thanks!

Can easily be tested by having a friend using elemental drain, you drain your magicka, you do damage / light attacks to the target, then check combat metrics for minor magickasteal.
Get your s**t together seriously.
@IWM - EU - Member of Hodor
Mashinate - Highelf Nightblade (Inactive)
Love Wizard - Dunmer Dragonknight (Inactive)
Godblade - Highelf Nightblade (Active)
Mashixo - Dunmer Sorcerer (Inactive)
Hjelmi's Sister - Dunmer Nightblade (Inactive)
Mashiex - Orc Nightblade (Active)
Beaminate - Dunmer Templar (Inactive)
Kittynate - Khajiit Nightblade (Inactive)
Godmancer - Orc Necromancer (Active)

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Maw of Lorkhaj Clear (Hodor! & Hodor!)
Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (Hodor!)
Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
Worlds First vAS Hardmode
Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)
Worlds First Blackrose Prison clear
Worlds First "The Unchained" title (vBP speedrun, nodeath, no sigils)
World Record for all the Trials (Murkmire)
Worlds First Godslayer
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enraging. ZOS pls fix your game!
    Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Rey
    Rey
    Soul Shriven
    Can't wait for this game to get Green-lighted on Steam :p
    Edited by Rey on July 25, 2017 8:37PM
    @Rei-sensei - EU PC
    Raiding Guild: Ghosts and Goblins. Hodor
    Trading Guilds: Pact Veteran Trade

Worlds First vHoF HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun

Worlds #1 vMoL Score 165456 Homestead
    Worlds #1 vSO Score 173761 Homestead
    Worlds #1 vHRC Score 157023 Homestead
    Worlds #1 vAA Score 145157 Homestead
    Worlds #9 vMa NB Score 594302 Homestead
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    GOD *** DAMNIT WHY THE *** ALWAYS REINTRODUCE BUGS
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• MrBetadine
    MrBetadine
    ✭✭✭✭
    i read somewhere it's the addon that bugged
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ele drain works.....
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

Can't ever say that I've seen @Alcast visibly ticked off with ZOS before. I suppose it's a first time for everything. Regardless, way to go ZOS. You've not only made @Deltia and @FENGRUSH mad in the past. All players who make fantastic guides, and are excellent players in their own rights. But now you've gone ahead and made Alcast angry. Genius. Absolutely genius. /sarcasm
    [snip]

Dude, I highly doubt it. I just made a thread about 2 extremely severe bugs. The first being that players can still gap-close into keeps, and that "CC Immunity" is bugged. On neither threads have @ZOS_BrianWheeler @Wrobel or @ZOS_RichLambert made comments. Not even Gina or Jessica has responded either. In fact, I even PM'd Brian about it and supplied 2 videos of the gap-closing issue. He still has yet to take a few seconds to follow it up.

I think it's honestly safe to say that the only department and or team that is doing well, is art and cosmetics. The people in charge of: Costumes, decorations, houses, mounts, zone design, etc. Because clearly the people in charge of: Balance, PvP, dungeons and trials, RNG of loot tables, QA testing, retention, etc. are all missing the mark dramatically. And I'm not even talking about having a few issues here and there, causing me to make these claims and exaggerate things. N'ah bruh. Things are legit broken. Stuff from beta and before console got their hands on ESO still existing as of late-July 2017. So yes. Major problems are at hand on more than 1 scale.

[Edited for removed quoted comment]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on July 25, 2017 9:04PM
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    Ele drain works.....

It's bugged. We've done fights for the past hour without elemenetal drain and our regeneration is even HIGHER. There is NO minor magicka steal active from elemenetal drain.
    MrBetadine wrote: »

Doesn't seem like it. We barely notice any difference with or without elemental drain, without is actually ever so slightly better.

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
    Worlds First Godslayer
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    This issue was mentioned the other day in this thread, and it was reported that the LUI Extended and Combat Metrics addons were causing this to appear broken. We just double checked real quick and the ability does appear to still work properly (without using addons). We'll continue to dig just in case, but in the meantime, try disabling addons and check again?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue was mentioned the other day in this thread, and it was reported that the LUI Extended and Combat Metrics addons were causing this to appear broken. We just double checked real quick and the ability does appear to still work properly (without using addons). We'll continue to dig just in case, but in the meantime, try disabling addons and check again?

@ZOS_GinaBruno Do you mind looking into why it is that CC immunity has disappeared in both PvE and PvP? Or is that not as important as this? :|
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Easy way to test is to equip an ice staff, throw down some DoTs, then block. If you're getting back magicka it works.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno Do you mind looking into why it is that CC immunity has disappeared in both PvE and PvP? Or is that not as important as this? :|

Yep, making some rotations to various threads now. ;)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

Oh crap, now they broke Alcast.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a simple work around. All magika users carry their own dps drain.

Geez, do I need to figure out all the answers?

Zos hire me. I can do da spin. I mean, I can find a fix for everything that breaks, except Cyrodiil.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    Ele drain works.....

It's bugged. We've done fights for the past hour without elemenetal drain and our regeneration is even HIGHER. There is NO minor magicka steal active from elemenetal drain.
    MrBetadine wrote: »

Doesn't seem like it. We barely notice any difference with or without elemental drain, without is actually ever so slightly better.

Its not bugged. Your addon is bugged. Doesnt matter how you "feel", the ability is working.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a simple work around. All magika users carry their own dps drain.

Geez, do I need to figure out all the answers?

Zos hire me. I can do da spin. I mean, I can find a fix for everything that breaks, except Cyrodiil.

If you will implement a token system to Maelstrom Arena, and introduce a "smart loot" system to combat the atrocious RNG? You have my vote. I'll fight for you to be hired night and day, and even put my support for you becoming a staff member in my signature. Lol.
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure enough, it seems to work on a plain skeleton, but there's something that causes it to not working as intended. I tried doing two skeletons, one without, and one with where the one with I manged to sustain until 27% until I ran out, and where I had elemental drain, I had no issues. So in the theory, sure it works. HOWEVER, when we get into an actual raid enviorement, there is something that causes it to get overwritten. (No it's not puncture, *** off na)

There is something that causes it, and I have no clue what it is.

Worlds First Godslayer
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, nice. So us console players get to look forward to recieving this patch that will break Ele Drain and essentially ruin raiding until the eventual delayed console fix? Lovely.

This really better be a UI error on PC add-ons only. If not it will make trials impossible for all of the groups that aren't #1 on the leaderboard. Judging by how many people are saying it is not UI-only, I am finding it hard to believe right now that the skill is still functioning as intended. Also Radiant Aura is still bugged regardless. Would like that to actually be fixed too.

We are supposed to look forward to updates, not dread their arrival. If a bug-fixing patch arrives, what exactly is the point if it breaks important stuff in the process and proceeds to have the bugs it fixed rebroken in the next patch, all while wasting time and resources? ESO is the only game I have ever played where I feel a patch can arrive that causes the game to get worse and more unstable rather than better.
  • deadvolt
    deadvolt
    ✭✭
    Oh
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my god.

Is this legitimate?

@Ch4mpTW

Lool nvm saw your post in here too xD
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on July 25, 2017 9:36PM
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While you're doing your rounds could you check out the weapon dye thread? I know it's been about the zillionith one by now and some Quality of life threads have been ignored
  • YoloWizard
    YoloWizard
    ✭✭✭
    It does work, it just can not be tracked by other players (the Magicka return ticks)

But since we are at the subject of bugs, PLEASE FIX THE SYNERGY CLUSTERF***. Holly molly this bugs existed since Thieves guild and still not getting any interest. THE WHOLE ABILITY SYNERGY SYSTEM is busted to the max level, it is frustrating asking our supports to throw some Orbs so we can use them and while you are attacking it pops up and you get so happy, the moment you press X to synergies it just vanishes, like why?!! Same thing with almost every single ability synergy in this game apart from Purify which I believe works reliably but only because it has a proc condition (being affected by negative ability) afaik.

Please please please for the love of god do something! if you cant fix it np just revert the change that casued it! But you fixed HOF 2nd boss synergy button upstairs so why not do the same with the whole thing @ZOS_GinaBruno
    RETIRED

World First Vet Maw Of Lorkhaj Clear
    World First Vet Halls of Fabrication Clear
    World First Vet Asylum Sanctorium +2 Clear

World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (YT)
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YoloWizard wrote: »
    It does work, it just can not be tracked by other players (the Magicka return ticks)

But since we are at the subject of bugs, PLEASE FIX THE SYNERGY CLUSTERF***. Holly molly this bugs existed since Thieves guild and still not getting any interest. THE WHOLE ABILITY SYNERGY SYSTEM is busted to the max level, it is frustrating asking our supports to throw some Orbs so we can use them and while you are attacking it pops up and you get so happy, the moment you press X to synergies it just vanishes, like why?!! Same thing with almost every single ability synergy in this game apart from Purify which I believe works reliably but only because it has a proc condition (being affected by negative ability) afaik.

Please please please for the love of god do something! if you cant fix it np just revert the change that casued it! But you fixed HOF 2nd boss synergy button upstairs so why not do the same with the whole thing @ZOS_GinaBruno

You're asking for alot here yolo.

Worlds First Godslayer
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, elemental drain the minor magickasteal only works for the actual caster now. Well done ZoS. Can you please stop breaking absolutely everything? It's bad enough that magicka is far behind in balance terms, but now you break our regen aswell. Thanks!

Can easily be tested by having a friend using elemental drain, you drain your magicka, you do damage / light attacks to the target, then check combat metrics for minor magickasteal.
    Get your s**t together seriously.

Like... such a polite manner to address a problem to the Devs not even checking if it's your stupid addon *** up everything... xD

But what really made me laugh was the 'It's bad enough that magicka is far behind in balance terms' seriously, im still rolling on the floor, you are killing me dude :smiley:
    Comrade, a word...
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't believe people at ZOS use rotations. ;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While you're doing your rounds could you check out the weapon dye thread? I know it's been about the zillionith one by now and some Quality of life threads have been ignored

What a waste of time
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭

Hey I'm going to check today, but from the answers I'd suspect that the EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT with the parameter result = ACTION_RESULT_POWER_ENERGIZE is not firing anymore when someone else applied Elemental Drain. This would cause all the addons (like my Combat Metrics) that watch these events to simply not recognize it at all even if it is actually applied. If so I'd consider it an API bug. I probably could make a crude workaround for that, but lets see.
    Edited by Solinur on July 26, 2017 2:43PM
    @Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Solinur wrote: »

Hey I'm going to check today, but from the answers I'd suspect that the EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT with the parameter result = ACTION_RESULT_POWER_ENERGIZE is not firing anymore when someone else applied Elemental Drain. This would cause all the addons (like my Combat Metrics) that watch these events to simply not recognize it at all even if it is actually applied. If so I'd consider it an API bug. I probably could make a crude workaround for that, but lets see.

I can confirm this now @ZOS_GinaBruno. The API event isn't showing the tick of regenerating if Elemental Drain is cast by someone else. The Magicka is actually returned though. So I hope this is considered a bug and fixed soon.

Edit: Since this is mostly an API bug I also posted this on the ESOUI forums
    Edited by Solinur on July 26, 2017 9:56PM
    @Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author
  • Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's bad enough that magicka is far behind in balance terms, but now you break our regen aswell.

What are you talking about? Magicka is superior to stamina. Especially because there is no such thing as a stamina steal spell.
    Pugging. Pugging all the way to victory.
    Imperial Dragonknight --- male, stamina, heavy & medium armor, dual wield, one hand and shield, two handed.
    Breton Templar --- female, magicka, light armor, restoration staff.
    Redguard Warden --- female, stamina, medium armor, bow.
    Breton Sorcerer --- male, magicka, light armor, destruction staff.
    Imperial Templar --- male, stamina, medium armor, two handed.

Daggerfall Covenant loyalist
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks, @Solinur! Passing this info along to the team to take a look.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the verdict @ZOS_GinaBruno is ?