The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Pact main quest question.

basketcaseNZ
basketcaseNZ
✭✭
Hey everyone.

I'm in the Pact, and I've just killed the giant Sinmur and defeated the Worm Cult in the Reach. The Skald King says our next step is to attack Cold Harbor. The quest for this is in the main quest section of my journal, along with the other main quest with the Prophet and the Five Companions, whgich is at the same point. Mannimaco is dead and its time to attack Cold Harbor.

My qeustion is has one quest superseded the other or can I do them both? In that case which one first?

Thanks everyon.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you can do them both. If the one is Messages Across Tamriel, and the other is Council of the Five Companions, it doesn't really matter what order you do them in. Messages Across Tamriel is the first of a two-part quest, the second part of which is called The Weight of Three Crowns, and the way I personally like to do it is Messages Across Tamriel, then Council of the Five Companions, and then The Weight of Three Crowns.

Out of those three, all I would say is it makes the most sense storywise to do The Weight of Three Crowns last.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • basketcaseNZ
    basketcaseNZ
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Yes, you can do them both. If the one is Messages Across Tamriel, and the other is Council of the Five Companions, it doesn't really matter what order you do them in. Messages Across Tamriel is the first of a two-part quest, the second part of which is called The Weight of Three Crowns, and the way I personally like to do it is Messages Across Tamriel, then Council of the Five Companions, and then The Weight of Three Crowns.

Out of those three, all I would say is it makes the most sense storywise to do The Weight of Three Crowns last.

Thanks matey. Its really important to me to do things in such a way they make sense in terms of the story. I already made a mistake by doing the Rift before Shadowfen and found it unsatisfying.

I had intended to do the DLC before the main quest, just so I have something big to come back to and to explain why all the dolmens are still active when I've supposedly stopped the planemeld. But I read a thread that says that they are written in a way that they are supposed to take place after.

Thanks again, that was really helpful.
    Edited by basketcaseNZ on July 25, 2017 11:11PM