The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Сost in stamina for jumps

StrangerTelvani
Please add the cost for jumps. These jumping players really annoy!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes i agree.
    there should be a high stamina cost for jumping. not just a stamina cost but make the stamina cost really high so people limit it.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes i agree.
    there should be a high stamina cost for jumping. not just a stamina cost but make the stamina cost really high so people limit it.

Not until they nerf the tiny pebbles I always seem to get stuck on and have to jump over.
  • Faylis
    Faylis
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's the event and the population swell, but i felt like i was playing old school Counter Strike the other night with all the jumping. #360noscope

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's next? Stamina cost for walking? Stamina cost for emotes? Stamina cost for setting up siege? So many unexplored ideas to make the game *** for everyone.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no thanks
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they add Acrobatics into the game and I can jump 15 feet into the air like it ain't no thang then they can make jumping cost stamina.
  • Kushh
    Kushh
    ✭✭
    Why? Lol... no thanks.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lmao! That'll make stage 5 in vMA really fun!
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    yes i agree.

Not until they nerf the tiny pebbles I always seem to get stuck on and have to jump over.

This is not the main reason jumping will not cost stamina but it is still a compelling reason.
    Edited by idk on July 26, 2017 4:14AM
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ??
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jump with them, then it's like they're not even moving.
    Feanor wrote: »
    Stamina cost for emotes?

My RPS is going to suffer :(

Edited by Sordidfairytale on July 25, 2017 9:14PM
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I propose stamina/magicka costs for using emotes and typing in chat. Why do PvP and PvE players need to manage resources while RP'ers can just do whatever they want? Unacceptable!
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    When they add Acrobatics into the game and I can jump 15 feet into the air like it ain't no thang then they can make jumping cost stamina.

Yeah, just like the NPCs! How is it possible that they can jump over my head when they want to flank me but I can barely jump over a 3 foot rock?
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add stamina cost because it's "annoying"? Are you serious? Grow up.
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faylis wrote: »
    Ghettokid wrote: »
    Pancakes Recipe:

Ingredients:
    1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    3 1/2 tsps baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 1/4 cups whole milk
    1 orc
    3 tbsp butter melted

Instructions:
    Melt the butter in microwave for 30 seconds, set aside.
    In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
    Stir milk and orc together.
    Create a well in the center of the flour mixture.
    Pour the butter and milk mixture into the well.
    Use a wire whisk to stir everything together until just combined. It will be slightly thick and lumpy, but should be well incorporated.
    Allow the batter to rest while heating a lightly oiled skillet or griddle to medium high heat.
    Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
    Cook each side for 3-6 minutes, until lightly golden brown.

I am out of baking powder.. what can i use?

Willpower and a non-set staff with a spell damage enchant.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Grimhallow
    Grimhallow
    ✭✭✭
    Finally, a hard counter to navigating the environment.

This change could potentially bridge the skill gap between players who can jump up rocks and those who can't figure it out!

We have been looking for ways to make movement less intuitive and fun, nice job!
    Edited by Grimhallow on July 25, 2017 9:24PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff Khajiit stamina regen, then drop the stamina cost for jump.
    Now we agree.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • deluxesalt
    deluxesalt
    ✭✭✭
    The fatter your character is the more stamina it requires...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might as well jump. Jump!
    Go ahead and, jump.
    Get it and jump. Jump!
    Go ahead and, jump.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thank you.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I propose stamina/magicka costs for using emotes and typing in chat. Why do PvP and PvE players need to manage resources while RP'ers can just do whatever they want? Unacceptable!

While they are at it they might as well make it cost gold to type in zone chat too, not just stamina and magicka. Similar to wayshrine hopping, the more often you do it the more costly it is. Why not, right? Might put an end to all the chat spam.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's basic psychological conditioning. If people get rekt continuously by jumping players, in time they associate jumping with the feelings of being rekted.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

I'm curious as to why they hop so much though. Something stuck in their pants?

If they think it makes them harder to target, they're wrong.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bunny hoping is dumb, would love for it to do something negative, like if your hit whilst hoping you are put off balance XD

its just dumb.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hate hoppers, but nope.

stam gets penalized quite enough.
  • GreyWolf_79
    GreyWolf_79
    ✭✭✭✭
    I assume you're talking about PVP. People are always *****ing about PVP ****. Wahhh, some PVPer is exploiting XYZ to not get killed. Well no ****, Sherlock. It's PVP. People want to win, they don't want to die. And people will exploit any means necessary to keep from getting killed. What a revelation.

Now, outside of PVP... as a filthy console pleb, the button I use to interact with things is the same button I use to jump. Sometimes I try to interact with something (a node or an NPC, etc.) and I'm not pointing in exactly the right part of the screen. Duh, I was supposed to move the cursor 176 degrees to the left and 84 degrees up, not 177 degrees left and 85 degrees up. I missed the "sweet spot". So now instead of interacting with X like I meant to do, my character is now jumping like a freaking idiot.

It's already embarrassing enough that I pointed at the wrong spot when pressing the button. Now you want to punish me even further by draining my already diminished stamina pool.

No, thanks.
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    forever pressing my spacebar
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Button mashing is too OP. So is jumping around wildly because you got flustered and/or hit the wrong button. Please nerf.
    Lasertooth
    GM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity
    Xbox/NA