Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Pact Advocate Glitch

jaerwin98_ESO
jaerwin98_ESO
Soul Shriven
Can anyone help me solve this? I was in the middle of the Pact Advocate quest and when I went to talk to Gathiel after accusing her she was not there. Anyone know a way to solve this?
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you need to return to the Treethane to accuse one of the suspect, in the cave. it's been a while though, so I'm not entirely sure.
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
  • jaerwin98_ESO
    jaerwin98_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Usara wrote: »
    I think you need to return to the Treethane to accuse one of the suspect, in the cave. it's been a while though, so I'm not entirely sure.

That is where I am at, she is not there and I already accused her.
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried relogging? Usually for me that fixes missing quest NPCs

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • jaerwin98_ESO
    jaerwin98_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Have you tried relogging? Usually for me that fixes missing quest NPCs

Done it multiple time. Even quite out of the game and have done it from other locations in hopes to force load her in. Did not work.
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    I must say I don't know how to help you.
    I had a similar bug a few months ago in another quest (a NPC never showed up) and the response to my ticket was "deactivate your add ons".
    I thought it was ridiculous (Add ons modify the UI, not the engine) but I tried for the sake of the argument.
    Of course it didn't help, and I never got an answer to my following ticket. I dropped the quest and forgot about it x_x

I'd say abandon the quest, and/or wait for a hard reset (logging out for more than 15 minutes) and see how it goes.
    If it changes nothing... try opening a ticket, but I would not hold my breath.
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
  • Melethgil
    Melethgil
    Soul Shriven
    Hello all,

It might be a bit late for the reply but the only way this quest was finished was by accusing the khajit merchant (forgot his name now).
    I tried with the other 2 people and it bugged on the part where I had to watch the execution!

Hope this will help other people in future as this seems to be a very old bug :(
  • TenringOTG
    TenringOTG
    Soul Shriven
    Melethgil wrote: »
    Hello all,

It might be a bit late for the reply but the only way this quest was finished was by accusing the khajit merchant (forgot his name now).
    I tried with the other 2 people and it bugged on the part where I had to watch the execution!

Hope this will help other people in future as this seems to be a very old bug :(

This didn't work for me. :(

After 2 attempts to complete this - accusing the alchemist, I tried with accusing the merchant.
    I got to the same part, all the way to witnessing the judgement. NPC disappears when approaching and no way to continue!!

So 3 strikes and I'm out - of doing this quest. :/ I already got the achievements for finishing the zone, but...