The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

For those on the PTS

CaffeinatedMayhem
CaffeinatedMayhem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Is there any improvement to drop rate for Vvardenfell specific furnishing plans? I end up materials farming 2-5 hours per day, no matter the time less than half the nodes are spawned, in every zone. It seems I have to farm urns for an additional 2-3 hours per day for a chance a 1 purple drop... I just can't keep this up. I like to PLAY the game sometimes! But all I can do is farm so I can make enough gold to buy all the stuff that doesn't drop for me.

I don't know if my account was marked as a botter or what, but this amount of farming is ridiculous. I don't even have time to progress toons anymore. Please tell me that I have a chance of finding something good. Else, I'm probably going to quit for a while... again. Gaming is supposed to be fun, not an endless grind with no rewards.
Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on July 24, 2017 8:48PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think this is something that is going to be widely tested in PTS for a few reasons:

-- The time sink it takes ... players would rather do it on Live where it counts instead of PTS.

-- As you said yourself grinding purple furnishing plans isn't much fun. That will apply to a lot of PTS testers including the one typing this reply.

-- The goal of PTS is to test the new content and not old content. In the case of this PTS cycle it is the two new Craglorn dungeons.

All that said, I believe you can get PTS yourself and download it (even if you're on console and have a PC/Mac) ... do a search in the forums to find out.

Finally, I'm sure other forum-goers will mention it ... so I'll be the first: No one is making you grind the plans. If there's no reward in it don't do it.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 24, 2017 11:49PM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think this is something that is going to be widely tested in PTS for a few reasons:

-- The time sink it takes ... players would rather do it on Live where it counts instead of PTS.

-- As you said yourself grinding purple furnishing plans isn't much fun. That will apply to a lot of PTS testers including the one typing this reply.

-- The goal of PTS is to test the new content and not old content. In the case of this PTS cycle it is the two new Craglorn dungeons.

All that said, I believe you can get PTS yourself and download it (even if you're on console and have a PC/Mac) ... do a search in the forums to find out.

Finally, I'm sure other forum-goers will mention it ... so I'll be the first: No one is making you grind the plans. If there's no reward in it don't do it.

- Yes, this is why I'm not on the PTS right now, I have about 8 hours of grinding per day to do on Live
    - ... duh?
    - Um, Horns of the Reach, not Craglorn. The Reach is a separate area, what will become South/Western Skyrim in the future.
    - There IS a reward.. I make ALL the furniture in my 25 homes. The 2 I own in Vvardenfell are empty, because I need the plans.
    The "no reward" was referring to spending hours daily grinding for them, and getting no plans!

Thanks but I'll just hand wave you off too.