The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What dictates the release (respawn) timer in Battlegrounds?

ChunkyCat
ChunkyCat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Sometimes I can respawn instantly. Sometimes it takes close to 20 seconds.

Am I missing something? I can't figure it out.
Edited by ChunkyCat on June 26, 2017 3:15AM

Best Answer

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    As far as I can tell it's on a continuously rolling timer, from 20 seconds or whatever that starts at the beginning of the match and is always ticking down. How fast you get to use it just depends on how close to the rollover you are when you died

Correct.

The design intention is that your team respawns in "waves." Thus, you will respawn at the same time as other teammates that died during the same 20 sec window. This encourages players to stick together, and prevents spawn camping to some extent.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
    Answer ✓
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I can tell it's on a continuously rolling timer, from 20 seconds or whatever that starts at the beginning of the match and is always ticking down. How fast you get to use it just depends on how close to the rollover you are when you died

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]