Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bosmer god is a Highelf!

Mozsta69
Mozsta69
✭✭✭
After my travels Greenshade there is a bit of lore I am trying to understand. Well it seems the Bosmer in fact have Aldmeri gods!! Thats right the Woodelves prey to Highelves. Well the Bosmer in Greenshade only to be accurate. You see in my travels through greenshade i ended up helping the Wilder King well become a Wilder Queen, and to my astonishment both the Wilder King and Queen where both mortal Altmer first !!!!!!!! Then Valenwood or the Land kind of chose them to elevate into Wilder Queens and Kings.

Why would the land essentially choose outsiders to become Wilderking/queen ?
My mind boggles, the greent pact is between Yffre and the Bosmer but here we have outsiders to the Bosmer becoming Gods...my the three be with you all, especially Almalexia!!!
Let this Dunmer know your theories

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Enodoc come here.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Ostion was sent to Valenwood to reshape the land, the land said no, but they came to enjoy the stuggle. When their fight killed Sumiril they worked together to restore him. The fact that he was an Altmer is probably largely irrelevant, but since they are supposedly the most powerful mages, it probably makes sense.

The boy and the land came to love the struggle. Both had been lonely and now neither was alone. But in the process, the builders were injured and killed, even Sumiril who had once been kind to the boy. And suddenly Ostion remembered who he was and what he had been sent to do. And he found Sumiril's body and asked the land to help him raise Sumiril from the dead. And for once, Valenwood listened. And Ostion and the Valenwood became one. Together, we are the Wilderking, Ostion and I. Sumiril is our first creation, our hollow man, whom we raised from the dead.

Read the full book here
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, however I have read the book and know of the story. It still has me guessing as to why both the king and Queen where High Elves, why the land would not choose the people that partake in the greenpact and protect/live in the land as opposed to two high elves that eat and use forest material, the book has no answers for me, but thank you graciously.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mozsta69 wrote: »
    Thank you, however I have read the book and know of the story. It still has me guessing as to why both the king and Queen where High Elves, why the land would not choose the people that partake in the greenpact and protect/live in the land as opposed to two high elves that eat and use forest material, the book has no answers for me, but thank you graciously.
    Bosmer aren't known for their magical prowess, and even if they were, I can't imagine a Bosmer ever trying to shape the land against the will of the Green. It was specifically the action of fighting against the Green that led to the creation of the first Wilderking, although that resulted in them working together in the end. The Bosmer who works best in alignment with the Green throughout is the one chosen to be the Silvenar.
    Edited by Enodoc on July 24, 2017 4:12PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This probably doesn't help much either, but there's a fellow in Bangkorai who fills a similar niche for that region. It does have this bit in it though:
    We Bretons had just won our freedom from the Direnni Elves, and the Elves were still spiteful about it. "Go ahead, take these lands you call High Rock," they said. "You will not have them long. We will retreat to our towered island. We will renounce our covenant with the Earth Bones. We will give these lands back to the Wild."
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Dustfinger81
    Dustfinger81
    ✭✭✭
    This probably doesn't help much either, but there's a fellow in Bangkorai who fills a similar niche for that region. It does have this bit in it though:
    We Bretons had just won our freedom from the Direnni Elves, and the Elves were still spiteful about it. "Go ahead, take these lands you call High Rock," they said. "You will not have them long. We will retreat to our towered island. We will renounce our covenant with the Earth Bones. We will give these lands back to the Wild."

Nice find!
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Bosmer aren't known for their magical prowess, and even if they were, I can't imagine a Bosmer ever trying to shape the land against the will of the Green. It was specifically the action of fighting against the Green that led to the creation of the first Wilderking, although that resulted in them working together in the end. The Bosmer who works best in alignment with the Green throughout is the one chosen to be the Silvenar.

Ahh now that makes sense, thank you greatly
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I seem to remember finding that story slightly weird. Or maybe, I should say, slightly Wyrd.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Altmer do claim some kind of purer ancient bloodline that gives them power to rule. Maybe this has something to do with it at least for some of them?
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭

Hmm, I seem to remember finding that story slightly weird. Or maybe, I should say, slightly Wyrd.

I really agree with two things you guys in the comments have highlighted
    1) Altmer are more inclined to magic
    2) Altmer are closer relatives to the Aylieds i think ...purer blood

@Enodoc @dodgehopper_ESO Hence more of natural choice to become demi-gods so to speak, thank you immensely !!!
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I really agree with two things you guys in the comments have highlighted
    1) Altmer are more inclined to magic
    2) Altmer are closer relatives to the Aylieds i think ...purer blood

@Enodoc @dodgehopper_ESO Hence more of natural choice to become demi-gods so to speak, thank you immensely !!!

This is just my theory, but I actually believe the Altmer are of purer stock than the Ayleids, at least the ones we see in game. The primordial Ayleids and Altmer are primarily the same in the sense they are both 'Aldmer'. The reason I say the Ayleids are less 'pure' is due to their intermixing with humans (the result of which is the Bretons) and the Bosmer. I think this is why the Ayleids have more human skin tones.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats right the Woodelves prey to Highelves.

The woodelves PREY on Hihhelves or they PRAY to highelves.

and by the way, it is personal to whom one prays, my woodelve prays to Sithis before she sent a soul on the way...
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »

and by the way, it is personal to whom one prays, my woodelve prays to Sithis before she sent a soul on the way...

What is a woodelve? Or do you mean Woodelf? Lol fail
  • crashen17b14_ESO
    crashen17b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    All mer (orsimer, altmer, falmer, dunmer, chimer, bosmer, maormer, dwemer, betmer, and ayleids) are descended from Aldmer, who were the "first generation " of spirits to become mortal along with proto-men, so atmorans or something, after the Old Ehlnofey and Wandering Ehlnofey settled down.

During the early eras, the Aldmer split up, adopting different cultures, practices, beliefs and even physiologies. Chimer were formed when they rejected the teachings of the Aedra (the greater spirits that gave up their forms to create nirn) and possibly split into the Dwemer (maybe, I dont know) and later the Dunmer.

Altmer and Ayleids, both attempted to maintain racial supremacy by remaining "pure" but while the Altmer stayed isolationist, the Ayleids were expansionists, and cruel. The Ayleids spread out and encountered Man, enslaving them and growing decadent and cruel, worshipping both daedra and aedra. Along the way, some intermingled with their human slaves, diluting their bloodlines and eventually helping to create the bretons.

Orsimer began as staunch aldmer traditionalists, until they were betrayed and turned into orcs.

The Bosmer have a conflicting history. One theory has it that they emerged from the Ouze as ever-shifting blobs until y'ffre gave them a name and form, shaping them almost like elves. The other theory, that I prefer, is that they were Aldmer who lived in Valenwood and to quote some book "took mannish wives". I take that to mean they bred with humans, and kind of went the same way as bretons, except favoring the elven side.

The truth i think, is somewhere in between. I think they were aldmer who loved the forest and settled in proximity to the Tower in Valenwood which left them with highly mutable forms until they gained stability from Y'ffre. They then went on to intermingle with humans and went from there.

The point of all this however, which I could probably have summarized, is that all elves have common ancestry, and provided they dont have radical differences in belief (dunmer vs altmer vs orsimer) cultural crossover isnt unheard of.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The truth i think, is somewhere in between. I think they were aldmer who loved the forest and settled in proximity to the Tower in Valenwood which left them with highly mutable forms until they gained stability from Y'ffre. They then went on to intermingle with humans and went from there.

It might interest you that the Ayleids could shapeshift too.
    It is not, after all, much of a stretch when one considers that other Ayleids at the time of Bravil's conquering and even later were shapeshifters.

#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Dustfinger81
    Dustfinger81
    ✭✭✭

There should be a space between "Wood" and "elf".
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭

There should be a space between "Wood" and "elf".

not for me buddy because im not a spell checking troll
  • crashen17b14_ESO
    crashen17b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

It might interest you that the Ayleids could shapeshift too.
    It is not, after all, much of a stretch when one considers that other Ayleids at the time of Bravil's conquering and even later were shapeshifters.

Huh that is cool.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I to pondered this long and hard after i completed this quest years ago. I think it is in correlation to the original wilderking. Someone fighting with the land that learns to love it and becomes one with the valen. Bosmer have many deities and priest like mer. Y'ffre, Z'en, Silvanar and green lady, Wilderqueen.

Each fills its own role and has a story to bosmer culture. The one of the wilder i think shows that even when you fight the green. It still takes root and you can become one with it.