The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you like a campaign that is locked by alliance?(Account only allowed 1 faction)

SwampRaider
SwampRaider
✭✭✭✭✭
Would you like a campaign that goes back to the days of old, where Alliance loyalty and Alliance pride was a thing? Where you could only have 1 account per campaign that is tied to a specific faction? Honestly I miss it. I get extremely triggered when I am trying to win a campaign for 1 side, yet I see people playing multiple sides. It ruins the PVP for me. I preferred it when PVP guilds were Alliance locked. How am I supposed to fight effectively for 1 side in the Alliance war, when I see people swapping between different characters on different alliances?
Edited by SwampRaider on July 17, 2017 11:47PM
Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
Alliance: DC
Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
Guardians of Daggerfall

Would you like a campaign that is locked by alliance?(Account only allowed 1 faction) 87 votes

Yes Please! FOR THE(insert alliance here0!
67%
SolarikengameswithaspoonRox83Iruil_ESOleetacakesb16_ESOGrim13Nebthet78AvaglaorValen_ByteLarsSTeridaxusIdinuseapostate9RohausDrachenfierleeuxprootchdsalterViveccKinetiks 59 votes
Maybe, needs some work
8%
CapsaicaKartalinTakes-No-PrisonerBottrotSkinzzefsterAnviOfVai 7 votes
No, I like playing on multiple alliances in same campaign
24%
DeadlyRecluseXaelOjustabooAnroseTaleof2CitiesRin_SenyaNBrookusKr3dovisionalityQbikenDBZVelenageonsocalPemPemmvffinsMADshadowman_eso_nyaExtinct_Solo_PlayerTr4gicDe4thMarzAttakzAnlace 21 votes
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    definitely some pros and cons for cross factioning on the same map...

biggest pro - can play any character I want on the "big" map (30 day cp campaign) at any time...

biggest con - missing out on the camaraderie and fun of playing with cool folks...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 18, 2017 2:23AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, needs some work
    I'm a special flower.

I play only 1 alliance. But, I'm certainly not an exception here. While I would prefer people take the honorable route and not alliance hop, people still do it regardless.

This is a tricky issue, I would like it if alliance switching on the same campaign was not a thing. However, me personally, have seen people end up in unfavorable political climates on one faction, and flee to another so they can still enjoy PvP. So for me to selfishly say, do or die well is very unreasonable.

So I purpose having incentives to keep players mentally locked into their alliance for long campaign cycles spanning over several months. This way, if the guy fighting for blue has a red and yellow, he'll be less likely to switch alliances to the reds that are winning in his campaign. If he says with DC, he'll get a lot of alliance bonus incentives that get more grander as time goes on. Creates loyalty towards the faction, and keeps gold coming into the DC's guys pocket, even though he's in 3rd place in his chosen campaign. If he did switch? Well, DC would take notice, and his long term incentives he built up for 6-months drops down to 0. Same goes for his next chosen alliance, he has to start from 0 tier and work up all over again.

I see a lot of this problem in Cyro. The reasoning for people to flip flop over is because they need the resources such as gold. If there is a tiered reward system that gets better the more you fight for the alliance, then winning the campaign cycle should just be the icing on the cake--and one of the ways to get specialty rewards. But is by no means a super lose-lose situation like it is CURRENTLY for losing alliances.

At the moment, if you're alliance is in a large losing spree, you end up in situations where you feel you cannot PvP on your favorite alliance. I have seen this time-and-time again in the PS4-Vivec thread, where folks who stay loyal are the ones being punished the most for playing in their losing alliance. I do believe this should not have to be the case. They should be rewarded for their long term efforts of staying in the fight, and not just a bland tiered reward at the end of the monthly cycle.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on July 18, 2017 5:38PM
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh.. joy..

A "I need a PVE only Cyrodiil" thread in disguise, judging by the title..

635870876678822542256440200_229598648_no_just_no_12185_1293166925_6_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

BTW.. when ZoS locks guilds to one alliance, you can have your thing.
    Edited by Darlgon on July 18, 2017 5:46PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Capsaica
    Capsaica
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe, needs some work
    I do not like to play multiple alliances on the same campaign. On the other hand, we are kind of chained to that concept right now with the lack of campaign choices. If I wanted to play all three factions right now, one of my three factions' characters would be forced into playing no CP - or the converse - two of my alliances' characters would be forced into playing the CP campaigns.

Additionally, you then have to take into account your guilds' choices for campaign homes. Every guild cannot accommodate every player, obviously, so sometimes you are left with a "play as a traitor," or "don't play with your other 2 factions," choice. For me, I choose to only PvP with my main guild and main alliance right now. I will play with my other guilds/alliances on other maps occasionally for fun, but its just a personal choice for me to choose to invest my efforts in one place.

Refreshingly, Battlegrounds can be an entirely different matter if you choose - which is fun.
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Oh.. joy..

635870876678822542256440200_229598648_no_just_no_12185_1293166925_6_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

PVE in cyrodiil? who does that? I merely want it back the way it was. where players are only allowed to be on 1 faction per campaign, therefore instilling faction pride, and not being able to faction hop on different characters in same campaign
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Oh.. joy..

PVE in cyrodiil? who does that? I merely want it back the way it was. where players are only allowed to be on 1 faction per campaign, therefore instilling faction pride, and not being able to faction hop on different characters in same campaign

You mean, when there were three campaigns, and each faction picked one to dominate so people from their faction only could get into IC? Yeah.. there were enough players to support more than 3 campaigns back then. The faction lock on accounts never really was there.

Edited to add. Just to clear, even tho you could not home or guest them, but you could still port to group members or guildies.
    Edited by Darlgon on July 18, 2017 7:05PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • eirinnpryderi
    eirinnpryderi
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, should be pretty interesting, but that should have to add a third slot for campaigns, like Exclusive Campaign or so
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes with cross-faction chat disabled.
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

Yes because no one uses things like Discord.

Many players are in at least one PvP guild on each alliance.

Chatting to a friend you've just killed on the enemy side is quite fun.

I don't get what this achieves. 1T ruined any loyalty.

Even if this was achieved, most people would still play on multiple alliances in other campaigns hence still know and talk to friends on the opposite team, so would achieve nothing.

Plus they would need three new servers so I can play exclusively on all 3 sides :) depending on which toon I feel like playing
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, needs some work
    I don't want a new campaign. I want joining a campaign restricted to characters from the same alliance, like it was before, though now that there are only 3 regular campaigns on PC NA, that makes it just enough for toons from every faction to have a home, but guest campaigns would be impossible. I don't have any ideas for how to get around that.
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ojustaboo wrote: »

Even if this was achieved, most people would still play on multiple alliances in other campaigns hence still know and talk to friends on the opposite team, so would achieve nothing.

Plus they would need three new servers so I can play exclusively on all 3 sides :) depending on which toon I feel like playing

Nah it wouldn't be to prevent cheating it would be for immersion. I get sick of all the "1v1 me brah" whispers and general rage tells.
  • mvffins
    mvffins
    ✭✭✭
    I'll allow it if they make it a 7-day non-cp campaign while all the rest are cp campaigns
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ojustaboo wrote: »

Nah it wouldn't be to prevent cheating it would be for immersion. I get sick of all the "1v1 me brah" whispers and general rage tells.

Ok I see it from that pov. I personally would be happy to prevent cross faction chat in PvP but I have friends who wouldn't.

Maybe an option to disable cross faction chat when in Cyrodiil?
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think account should be locked to it. I do however think you should be locked in to only one alliance on each campaign on reset. The first alliance you join with is the one you are stuck with. Non of this jumping on and off different alligned chatacters because one alliance is having a bad day. Thats bs....should have always been this way.
    Edited by LadyDestiny on July 22, 2017 7:31PM
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put a 3 hour timer on faction swapping in one campaign. People can fight with their friends, but not hop every time the war swings against you.
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I only play one alliance but still ...

The only reason why ppl want to have an alliance-lock is because they fear "spies" might create a toon just to watch their alliance zone chat and then tell their own alliance (or guild) where ppl will move. An alliance lock cant help against this. Many intense players have more than one account or they have friends in other alliances. So even if you lock a whole account to one alliance, ppl can still create another one and relog with a char in the other alliance.

Ofc then there is the issue of ppl switching alliances if their own fares badly. Many ppl complaining about that completely forget that you dont just "move on". You have to creat a new char at lvl1, farm him up, gear him up and then start doing the whole AP gaining thing again to unlock alliance skills. Its far less attractive then some people obviously think.

Most ppl create a new char in another alliance if they have their friends there and want to run with them. I don't think this should be prevented.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the solution just came to me...

the issue isn't really cross faction - but, rather pvp player relationships...

we need to stop any and all friendships from occurring within cyrodiil...

the answer is in not allowing any groups or communication within cyrodiil...

wow, it's just amazing what great ideas occur while sitting on the throne on a sunday morning...

bet that's where/when einstein came up with the whole relativity thing...

I'm almost afraid to get up and leave and miss out on all this enhanced clarity...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    its all about AP and AMAZING gold rewards ... so you can spend it on ... um ... yeah ...
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP was better when you couldn't jump to a different alliance on a whim.

You should be locked to an alliance for the duration of that campaign.

Or make it with a three day cooldown plus 250,000 AP.