The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tsaesci in ESO?

WhiteCoatSyndrome
WhiteCoatSyndrome
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
We know there's a Tsaesci Motif coming. This suggests to me that somewhere down the line we're going to be seeing something of our vampire snake friends from Akavir. So, let us speculate! How are they going to be integrated into ESO, and what are they really like? Do they have tails or don't they? What makes them different from other vampire strains?

I have a pet theory that the gold scales we make Akaviri Motif armor out of are Tsaesci scales; the swords of same are confirmed by Cadwell to be Kamal, and the Kamal as far as we know do not get along with the Tsaesci.
Edited by WhiteCoatSyndrome on July 14, 2017 10:17PM
#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We know there's a Tsaesci Motif coming. This suggests to me that somewhere down the line we're going to be seeing something of our vampire snake friends from Akavir. So, let us speculate! How are they going to be integrated into ESO, and what are they really like? Do they have tails or don't they? What makes them different from other vampire strains?

I have a pet theory that the gold scales we make Akaviri Motif armor out of are Tsaesci scales; the swords of same are confirmed by Cadwell to be Kamal, and the Kamal as far as we know do not get along with the Tsaesci.

anyone has pics of this motif pls?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW1ToC4IKKw
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Tsaesci are a big big part of the Lore and they already came, attacked, and failed prior to the game's events. At best i think ZoS could make them the enemy of some kind of new Dungeon or Trial, maybe a hold out from the failed invasion on a small island off the coast that the Pact wants you to clear.

As for what they look like, ive settled with them looking very similar to the Lamia. Man sized snakes with a humanoid torso and arms. However, its been suggested that the Tsaesci being "snake people" may be a wild tale mads to associate fear and evil to them, and they may just be another race of men or mer that prefer to embody the aesthetics of a snake, like how we can wear a helmet in the shape of a minotaur head.

I'd prefer them be actual snake people though. I have a love for the beast races.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its debatable whether or not they are actually "vampires" we know they are called "Vampiric" but that could even be simply referring to their society or their method of feeding. We know that they tend to enslave and "consume" other cultures, which could be considered a vampiric society.

And they do have the lower bodies of a snake:
    "No one in the crowd, aside from a few scattered Akaviri counselors and the Potentate himself wanted Savirien-Chorak to win, but there was a collective intake of breath at the sight of his graceful movements. His swords seemed to be a part of him, a tail coming from his arms to match the one behind him. It was a trick of counterbalance, allowing the young serpent man to roll up into a circle and spin into the center of the ring in offensive position. The Prince had to plod forward the less impressive traditional way"

en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:2920,_Morning_Star_(v1) <- This series has a few insights into the Tsaesci.

If the Tsaesci were introduced in ESO, I'd think it would be only briefly for a dungeon or two (maybe one of the dlc dungeon packs) Of course it is also very likely that the motif will just be a crown store exclusive, and have no direct relation to anything in game (ex: Frostcaster & Grim Harlequin).
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    some pictures of this motif/armor/weapons?
  • ZunaRoath
    ZunaRoath
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly would love to know more about these people from Akaviri. Mainly about Tsaesci and Kamal. And mostly, for a very simple reason.

I roleplay, I have my character's stories. The Kamal arrived to Windhelm, then the Sack of Windhelm happened, etc, etc... And my characters were there. They fought against the Akaviri just like a ton more of soldiers and people in general. They do know how the Kamal looked like because they fought them, face to face...

Why can't we get... a description of them? Just a simple description so we know what our characters saw if they fought against them. I've had people come in RP and ask my characters "How did they look like?" and I went like: "Well, I don't know because there barely is anything in lore that tells -exactly- how they looked." I've searched everywhere, people say things... But I want a true description of them, if there is pictures, even better, just for that simple reason.

If we see the Tsaesci here, I hope they don't do it like with the Kamal, and we DO HAVE a description of them if we don't see them face to face...

Random facts that are said sadly mean nothing, if our characters in roleplay would know the truth.
    [EU-EP-PC] @Kynes_Peace

Hjalmar Bear-Heart - Main, Stamina Warden
    Svari Wild-Hawk - Magicka Nightblade
    Hulda the Wild - Stamina Warden
    Greg the Witchman - Magicka Necromancer
    Cassius Gallus - Stamina Sorcerer
    Nari War-Shield - Magicka Templar Healer
    Hronvir Winter-Winds - Tank Warden
    Zuna Ice-Bear - Stamina DK
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    one day we shall see akavir again!!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @altemriel I know there was a pic posted but it might have been in the Closed Beta forum. I'm not seeing it in Google Image Search at any rate. :\ If I find one in a publicly accessible place, I'll post it.

EDIT: @altemriel Found some pics in General Discussion! Here and here
    9TrU0Yy.jpg
    2qIPSyV.jpg
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    The Tsaesci are a big big part of the Lore and they already came, attacked, and failed prior to the game's events. At best i think ZoS could make them the enemy of some kind of new Dungeon or Trial, maybe a hold out from the failed invasion on a small island off the coast that the Pact wants you to clear.

@ArchMikem I think you're getting them confused with the Kamal, because while the Tsaesci did invade, it was back in Reman Cyrodiil's time. There have been several centuries and two Tsaesci Akaviri Potentates since then, so it's unlikely they'd they'd still have a chunk of their original army holed up somewhere in Morrowind. Rimmen might be doable. Or Tsaesci pirates - they're supposed to have a strong navy, so a few rogues with a couple of ships isn't out of the question. Maybe a secret Dragonguard base? Wind Scour Temple and Storm Talon Temple are both supposed to be in Daggerfall Covenant territories.

As for appearance, it's been suggested they're shape-shifters. I have a whole list of theories in my head-canon as to what their default appearance is, but I'll spare you those for now. ;)

@Tyrobag Allow me to link you the interview with the author of same.

Edited by WhiteCoatSyndrome on July 15, 2017 1:34PM

• grizzledcroc
    grizzledcroc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only ever got 1 picture with it. Had to dig through my files to find it.

R5cohEb.jpg
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am hoping that they get more attention than a dungeon DLC. If ZOS takes the time and resources to create a new race of NPC's, not to mention how much interest there has been regarding Akavir generally in ES lore, I'm hoping we get a bit more time than a dungeon pack. I would love to see a new zone that includes them with some fresh lore, Orsinium style.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ArchMikem I think you're getting them confused with the Kamal, because while the Tsaesci did invade, it was back in Reman Cyrodiil's time. There have been several centuries and two Tsaesci Akaviri Potentates since then, so it's unlikely they'd they'd still have a chunk of their original army holed up somewhere in Morrowind.

I was always under the Impression that the Tsaesci were the only Race on Akavir who attempted invasions, since they being the most prominent and powerful of the four, and that the Lore/Dialogue in-game is still incredibly vague as to just who exactly it was the Pact fought against. In fact I don't recall ever hearing or reading about the Kamali in-game. Seriously, the people of Tamriel need to get their Races straight.

Do the Akaviri call us "Tamrielan"? :p
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was always under the Impression that the Tsaesci were the only Race on Akavir who attempted invasions, since they being the most prominent and powerful of the four, and that the Lore/Dialogue in-game is still incredibly vague as to just who exactly it was the Pact fought against. In fact I don't recall ever hearing or reading about the Kamali in-game. Seriously, the people of Tamriel need to get their Races straight.

Part of it IS probably partly because the people of Tamriel don't know enough about Akavir to keep the Akaviri nations straight, but there are places that record it was in fact the Kamal. Here:
    One: We know that there are multiple realms in Akavir, and that the raiders of the First Era (who later gave the Empire its Potentates) were from Tsaesci, while the forces of the recent invasion were from Kamal. However, we know virtually nothing about either realm.
    Two: The leader of this second invasion was the King of Kamal, Ada'Soom Dir-Kamal. We know little about him or his reasons for invading Tamriel, even from our agents in the Eastern Kingdom: few captured Akaviri knew any Tamrielic, and most died under interrogation. One report stated that Dir-Kamal was seeking someone or something called the "Ordained Receptacle"—but this could easily be a bungled translation.

And here:
    Kamal, the region of Akavir where the recent invaders hail from, is said to be icy and snow-covered, so it's no surprise that Kamali axes resemble those made by us Nords of Skyrim. The one-handed weapons, in particular, are clearly descended from the kind of ice-axes we use when crossing glaciers or scaling icy peaks.

I'm guessing you fell victim to the weird quest where the priestess has you consecrate remains, because I know that one confused me. (That quest I think was a bad case of the writer not paying attention. Not in the least because the priestess is consecrating the remains of people who died ten years ago.)
    Do the Akaviri call us "Tamrielan"? :p

They might! :)

• Alucu
    Alucu
    ✭✭✭
    This motif was retired, wasn't it? If not, how can I get it?
    Building communities since 2017

Para los Jugadores Hispanos: LA FUNDACION GM
    For advanced PvE: DRAGON VOID Officer
    For advanced PvP: PROJECT NOVA Member
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alucu wrote: »
    This motif was retired, wasn't it? If not, how can I get it?

The motif hasn't existed yet, so it can't be retired lol

The War Maiden armor was originally going to be in the Tsaesci Style, but it was changed after the first round of the MW pts.
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And in a parallel world, the same forums are wondering about Tamriel inhabitants. :D
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • SelfTherapy
    SelfTherapy
    ✭✭✭
    555_max.jpg
    Edited by SelfTherapy on July 19, 2017 4:26PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cheap knockoff armor that breaks after the trash pull [Made in Kamal]
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I personally think the whole snake/vampire thing is propaganda. Same with the "snow demon" thing. They are all probably just humaniod.
    There is a monkey race on Akavir though right? Or there was...
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    I personally think the whole snake/vampire thing is propaganda. Same with the "snow demon" thing. They are all probably just humaniod.

There is. It may just be a wild tale being spread by the people on Tamriel to stoke fear, but it's also said that all Men were conquered and hunted by the Tsaesci so none are left on Akavir, and the rest are all Beast races. The Monkey people are the Tang Mo, the Tiger Dragons, the Ka'Po'Tun, the weird Ice things are the Kamali, and then the Snakey Tsaesci.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »

There is. It may just be a wild tale being spread by the people on Tamriel to stoke fear, but it's also said that all Men were conquered and hunted by the Tsaesci so none are left on Akavir, and the rest are all Beast races. The Monkey people are the Tang Mo, the Tiger Dragons, the Ka'Po'Tun, the weird Ice things are the Kamali, and then the Snakey Tsaesci.

nice, so ZOS has plenty of time and plenty of content to milk this game until the servers get rusty, at least to 2100 :smiley: , nice :smiley::smiley: !!

you should check this out ;)
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/149340/hopefully-someday-we-will-travel-all-of-nirn/p1
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always love the idea of MOAR exploration, but if we ever did go to Akavir, it would need a really good reason, and it would either need to be a rather small section of the continent to fit a DLC or Chapter, or otherwise it would be nothing short of The Elder Scrolls: Online 2, it's own fully fledged game set on that continent. But then for the whole continent to be the main setting, the Lore Masters would have some serious work to do, cause from what suspect, not much actual thought has gone into that place since the focus has always been Tamriel.

I would like to know what these Races actually look like though. At least give us concept art.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I always love the idea of MOAR exploration, but if we ever did go to Akavir, it would need a really good reason, and it would either need to be a rather small section of the continent to fit a DLC or Chapter, or otherwise it would be nothing short of The Elder Scrolls: Online 2, it's own fully fledged game set on that continent. But then for the whole continent to be the main setting, the Lore Masters would have some serious work to do, cause from what suspect, not much actual thought has gone into that place since the focus has always been Tamriel.

I would like to know what these Races actually look like though. At least give us concept art.

check out that link that I posted above, there are some photos, not from ZOS, but they can give at least a glimpse how they might look like in ZOS`s universe
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

check out that link that I posted above, there are some photos, not from ZOS, but they can give at least a glimpse how they might look like in ZOS`s universe

Oh I did, that's why I said that, cause the OP was talking about ways to add all those places into the game.

Nevertheless, I hope they turn out to be similar to the Lamia. Love those ladies. I even had the idea that maybe the Lamia are a close relative to the Tsaesci Race that somehow found their way to Tamriel a long time ago to make their own homes here. The Lamia are Sentient, Intelligent, capable of complex speech AND Metalworking since they wear Jewelry.

...y'know the more you think about that, the more it makes sense. I'd absolutely love that plot twist.
    Edited by ArchMikem on July 22, 2017 11:26PM