The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please Let Us Sell Surveys

STEVIL
STEVIL
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
That is all.
Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree, don't like the timesink, but how would you value them? Sometimes you get 40 from one node, other times 18.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The value is whatever another player is willing to buy it for. ;)

(In all seriousness, you could take the median of the node yield, 29, multiplied by the MM or TTC value of the raw mat ... multiplied by the number of nodes.)

Good idea by the way, @STEVIL ...
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People buy unrefined ore for the rng to get gold tempers etc. You're just selling them a ticket to go get raw mats with similar RNG if you sell them a survey.

Good idea.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, don't like the timesink, but how would you value them? Sometimes you get 40 from one node, other times 18.

Isn't that due to the CP passive though? @Wreuntzylla
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

yes i believe so.

i figure after a very short time markets would settle in on a value. In my experience they are fairly predictable for any given character and seems to me its not uncommon to have your survey harvesting character be the one with the right cp setup.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The CP passive does factor into it, but the variance starts pretty wide to begin with 7 - 20 IIRC.

I'd like to see them rework the surveys so that ones with monsters near the nodes return more, as well as nodes that are far from wayshrines. Make them more worth the effort. And possibly more valuable to sell.

I do like that they stack now, but it would also be really nice if the entire stack of survey's spawned at once, so you wouldn't have to keep leaving the area/logging out to refresh the same node.

The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The CP passive does factor into it, but the variance starts pretty wide to begin with 7 - 20 IIRC.

I'd like to see them rework the surveys so that ones with monsters near the nodes return more, as well as nodes that are far from wayshrines. Make them more worth the effort. And possibly more valuable to sell.

I do like that they stack now, but it would also be really nice if the entire stack of survey's spawned at once, so you wouldn't have to keep leaving the area/logging out to refresh the same node.

definitely need a streamline mechanic. thats kind of why i wanted to sell... it is so mind numbing bring to gather, run around, gather, rinse repeat.

i dont care so much about the wayshrines or monsters, but the circling the drain for multi-surveys is definitely a non-fun play experience.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• blabliblargh
    blabliblargh
    ✭✭
    hmmmm....survey crates !
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been through the surveys on the Morkuldin wall. Forty of them all.
    Five hundred all over the Nirn and newest in Wardenfell.

After two days in the survey run
    My eyes began to turn red
    After three days in the survey fun
    I was looking at a river bed
    And the story it told of a river that flowed
    Made me sad to think i was dead

You see I've been through the surveys on a horse with no name
    It felt good to be out of the raid
    Alik'r Desert - you can't remember your name
    'Cause there ain't no one apart the dolmen train
    La, la, la la la la, la la la, la la...

Yes, sometimes i really want to sell them!
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Survey nodes for alchemy yield 4-6 lush plants, survey nodes for equipment mats yield 18-20 raw mats except the furrier containers that yield roughly double that. I've never seen 7 raw equipment mats from a survey node and if you believe that you have I do wonder if what you actually saw was a doubled normal node amidst the survey nodes rather than a survey node itself as that would be normal for a regular raw mats node (i.e. 3-4 raw mats), doubled.

Be sure to read the names of the nodes when gathering a survey (for example, "pristine ruby ash" rather than "ruby ash") and count to 6 before leaving the area...
    Edited by Tevalaur on July 22, 2017 2:17AM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.