Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Houses Close to Banks?

Khumbu
Khumbu
✭✭✭
Hello eveyone! I own a few homes and while they're fun to decorate, I always inevitably warp to Sleek Creek just because Rawlkha is so close by with its convenient bank and merchants.

What other homes are close to such conveniences? I hate having to warp twice from a home or ride on horseback for ages to get to the nearest shrine. I'd love to have a unique home but be able to zone to a place less populated (and laggy) than Rawlkha.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain margeux's Place is right across from the bank and also really close to the Writ boards.
    Gardener House is really near the Wayrest Sealed Writ drop offs.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Khumbu
    Khumbu
    ✭✭✭
    Those homes are nice, but if I remember right they don't have yards :( are there any with yards?

Two I can think of with yards next to banks are the Stros MKai mansion and the one next to Riften, but those are both 1mil+ and out of my budget.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Affordable Convenience for Convenience's Sake (listed in order of expense)

Mara's Kiss Pub in Vulkhel Guard, Auridon (free to 3,000 gold)
    Wayshrine, Stable
    Sisters of the Sands in Sentinel, Alik'r Desert (12,000 gold)
    Bank, Outlaw Refuge
    Flaming Nix in Mournhold, Deshaan (13,000 gold)
    Wayshrine, Writ Boards, Craft Stations, Guild Stores
    Humblemud in Dhalmora, Bal Foyen (40,000 gold)
    Bank, Craft Stations
    Snugpod in Elden Root, Grahtwood (45,000 gold)
    Stable, Outlaw Refuge, Writ Deliveries & Rolis Hlaalu, Guild Stores, Wayshrine, Daily Guild Quests
    Captain Margaux's Place in Daggerfall, Glenumbra (56,000 gold)
    Writ Boards, Pack Merchant, Bank, Crafting Stations

No, none of these have yards or grounds to garden -- get another home for that, use a selection from above simply as free-to-teleport-to spots near a convenience...
    Edited by Tevalaur on July 18, 2017 5:07PM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Humblemud in Bal Foyen.
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mistveil manor, in riften.

Riften has all crafting stations right next door to the bank, with a wayshrine nearby too. It's my fav teleport place.
    LasertoothGM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity Xbox/NA
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ample Domicile is another good one
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm but actually most homes are really not far from facilities....less than a minute's ride. Is that asking too much?
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've enjoyed Sisters of the Sands inn room. It is right across the street from the bank and the wayshrine, outlaws refuge, merchants and some guild traders are really close.
    PC/EU DC
  • Khumbu
    Khumbu
    ✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Hmm but actually most homes are really not far from facilities....less than a minute's ride. Is that asking too much?

It's not the actual ride to a wayshrine that bothers me, it's the extra loading screens. On a bad night (right after many patches or the days when the server has issues) and every loading screen can top a minute itself or worse, boot you out of the entire game. It gives me EQ1 on a dial-up flashbacks :(

I own Humblemud and Ample, those are both great.

Thanks for the tips, guys. So far it looks like I should just save up for Mistveil. I think the expensive desert home in Stros M'Kai has a bank too.
  • Sunah
    Sunah
    ✭✭✭
    Gardner house is my home right now. Loving it! Its in the eastern part of Wayrest literally just north of the bank and east of the crafting stations. Since its in a capital city it has the undaunted dailies and a large number number of traders. Only issue I have with it is the wayshrine and traders are on opposite side of city. But overall its great. 3 story family dwelling including a basement and a courtyard. You spawn inside the home.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're on PC, install this add-on and you'll always be one (or at worst two) clicks away from a bank.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're on PC, install this add-on and you'll always be one (or at worst two) clicks away from a bank.

And if you are not. Just join popular guild and do te tp manually... still saves more gold or time than any direct/house porting.
  • Khumbu
    Khumbu
    ✭✭✭
    I know the guildie port trick, the whole point of the post was I hate having more than 2 load screens between me and a bank (2 already happen between "port to house" and "exit house"). When you're between instances or trials and people are waiting on you, it's an awful feeling to be holding them up even longer by being trapped in loading screen purgatory.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khumbu wrote: »
    I know the guildie port trick, the whole point of the post was I hate having more than 2 load screens between me and a bank (2 already happen between "port to house" and "exit house"). When you're between instances or trials and people are waiting on you, it's an awful feeling to be holding them up even longer by being trapped in loading screen purgatory.

EasyTravel will port you to Rawl'kha 99% of the time.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Porting through guildie is always at maximum 2 loading screens and porting to popular hub zones (like Reaper March) is on average closer to 1 loading screen than 2.

Tho it depends how the destination you are porting to affect the time for you. But I definitely take longer to port to "house zone" and leave it to arrive at "overland zone" than porting to anywhere in overland zone and then just porting to the right wayshrine (in same zone).

Port to high CP guildie in popular hub zone, its 99% port to the main hub wayshrine
    Edited by SodanTok on July 20, 2017 11:01AM
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunah wrote: »
    Gardner house is my home right now. Loving it! Its in the eastern part of Wayrest literally just north of the bank and east of the crafting stations. Since its in a capital city it has the undaunted dailies and a large number number of traders. Only issue I have with it is the wayshrine and traders are on opposite side of city. But overall its great. 3 story family dwelling including a basement and a courtyard. You spawn inside the home.

This is my "side house." Just past the Writ turn in guy there is a bridge, on the other side of that bridge to the north is a wayshrine. I know it's not "right outside the door" like some houses, but it's really not that far. It may seem further though because it's outside the city map. I'll ride over there after turning in master writs if I need to go anywhere in particular. I am usually rewarded with lady smock, nirnroot and a chest or two. Incidentally opposite the wayshrine, to the south is the Seducer crafting station, so that's a bonus.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sunah wrote: »

This is my "side house." Just past the Writ turn in guy there is a bridge, on the other side of that bridge to the north is a wayshrine. I know it's not "right outside the door" like some houses, but it's really not that far. It may seem further though because it's outside the city map. I'll ride over there after turning in master writs if I need to go anywhere in particular. I am usually rewarded with lady smock, nirnroot and a chest or two. Incidentally opposite the wayshrine, to the south is the Seducer crafting station, so that's a bonus.

Wayrest is my least favorite of the capital cities - everything is just spread out too far. Since my main is EP, I'm most familiar with EP zones and more fond of them, so I always port to the Flaming Nix, then out to all the traders, crafting stations, writ boards, Rolis. Everything is so close, except for the bank, which isn't too far. But, if ever I want quick access to a bank, I port to the Sisters of the Sand. Though "quick" is relative on XB, where load screens have climbed back up to over a minute for me post MW.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello eveyone! I own a few homes and while they're fun to decorate, I always inevitably warp to Sleek Creek just because Rawlkha is so close by with its convenient bank and merchants.

What other homes are close to such conveniences? I hate having to warp twice from a home or ride on horseback for ages to get to the nearest shrine. I'd love to have a unique home but be able to zone to a place less populated (and laggy) than Rawlkha.

I'm saving for the best one misteviel Mansion in Riften

It's right outside the gates to Riften has its own courtyard and stables and Riften boasts

All the things a you will ever need in such a tight proximity

I'm about 300k short of buying it at the minute as it costs

1020000g

But pvping doesn't yeild me as much gold as pve does so eating it is taking a nose dive at the minute
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lasertooth wrote: »
    Mistveil manor, in riften.

Riften has all crafting stations right next door to the bank, with a wayshrine nearby too. It's my fav teleport place.

Yup all 6 crafts bank and there is a thieves den all in a dadge roll distance

I love it
    Edited by SugaComa on July 28, 2017 6:51PM