Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

GUILD STORE: Specific items search bar for console

PlautisCarvain
PlautisCarvain
✭✭✭✭
I think everyone would like to be able the exact item they want in the guild stores, that would be so much easier to navigate and a real time saver
  • PocketAces13xb
    PocketAces13xb
    ✭✭✭
    seriously, we don't have access to addons so we're left to waste tons of time finding a trader to have it let alone scroll through bs for nothing
    Pocket Aces 13 -Xbox NA
    509cp
    A Single Nut Lvl 50 StamDK
    Lets Get HighElf Lvl 50 MagSorc
  • Kushh
    Kushh
    ✭✭
    please implement better search functions for us non add on having console peasants
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A search function would kill the cost of guild traders. An Elderroot guild trader would be nothing more special than a trader in Alikr Desert, it would also spread players out across the map!
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • mrdiamond666
    mrdiamond666
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up looking for stuff to buy...
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭
    A search function would kill the cost of guild traders. An Elderroot guild trader would be nothing more special than a trader in Alikr Desert, it would also spread players out across the map!

Yeah killing the cost of guild traders would be great. It would also lower and normalize prices across the trader system. both would be great for the economy. Our guilds on console and items sold within are outrageously expensive compared to PC simply because of the access they have to prices and price comparisons. There was another thread about this I suggested a search function as well as the ability to see average prices of items across all guilds. It would end the erratic pricing of goods and actually make buying gear for a build as well as upgrading it much more affordable.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

? I cant find a semantic that would lead yo your conclusion. How did you come by this assumption? Elden root traders are pricy because of their convenience. It's like mournhold, there are players all over the area for alot of different reasons.

Honestly if I want aetherial fragment 2, and elden root traders don't have it, what makes you think I wont go look at mournhold or wayrest, rawlka or belkarth. Because that's already a norm.
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

? I cant find a semantic that would lead yo your conclusion. How did you come by this assumption? Elden root traders are pricy because of their convenience. It's like mournhold, there are players all over the area for alot of different reasons.

Honestly if I want aetherial fragment 2, and elden root traders don't have it, what makes you think I wont go look at mournhold or wayrest, rawlka or belkarth. Because that's already a norm.

The only reason capital city traders are popular is because that's where a lot of people meet and it's easy to sell your stuff. If you have a search function there is literally no point in having a trader in Mournhold/Wayrest/Rawl/Eldenroot. It wouldn't matter.

Having a search function kills the "convenience" of having traders in capitals.

If you're looking for Aetherial Dust, what's the point of you going to all these different traders? It's not easier for you to know exactly which trader has it? No matter where in Tamriel he is? Guild Trader location wouldn't matter if we had a search function.
    Edited by andreasranasen on July 18, 2017 10:11PM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only reason capital city traders are popular is because that's where a lot of people meet and it's easy to sell your stuff. If you have a search function there is literally no point in having a trader in Mournhold/Wayrest/Rawl/Eldenroot. It wouldn't matter.

If you're looking for Aetherial Dust, what's the point of you going to all these different traders? It's not easier for you to know exactly which trader has it? No matter where in Tamriel he is? Guild Trader location wouldn't matter if we had a search function.

You are misunderstanding the fundamental issue in this thread.

A search box in the guild trader window. Instead of 5 drop down menus to narrow down the item, they are asking to type the exact name of an item.

I agree with op. I'm not on console though.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

You are misunderstanding the fundamental issue in this thread.

A search box in the guild trader window. Instead of 5 drop down menus to narrow down the item, they are asking to type the exact name of an item.

I agree with op. I'm not on console though.

Read sub-head wrong :) But yes, that would be nice too!! But an overall design and re-work should be done on trading in general.
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We want a search bar within the trader UI... Ever try to find a specific motif on console? You could be going through traders for hours. It's really a *** poor design no matter how you spin it.
  • Kushh
    Kushh
    ✭✭
    Prices of items in guild
    Traders should come down. When I can buy dreugh wax from zone chat for 4-5 k each and some *** is charging 7 k per oin a guildstore... that just seems stupid to me. So if a search function would bring prices to a realistic level, that sounds like a good thing.. whether it would or not idk. But searching for items on console is clunky and time consuming without addons. So a search function would be very nice.
  • RomansXXI
    RomansXXI
    ✭✭✭
    Please implement this I beg of you. Scrolling through pages of items for 10 minutes only to find out the trade doesn't have it just completely kills my vibe
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am game for anything that saves time in menus on console. I actually like to play the game.
    The time Porphyric Hemophilia, Sanguinare Vampiris, and Noxiphilic Sanguivoria on console systems etc is brutal. We need to be able to quick slot more things ans better search functions. The current systems are poverty on console.
    Xbox One Na
  • HeathenDeacon
    HeathenDeacon
    ✭✭✭
    one of a long list of QOL improvements for console that are desperately needed.

Add to that scrollable hud text chat w/ the abiility to switch channels w/out having to go into the menus.

TBH it is ridiculous some of these things havent been implemented.
    DCUO was amazing at putting in things like this, even back in the ps3 days.
    Especially when it came to voice and text chat the Devs should really look at the intuitive and very easy to use yet customizable systems they had.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love if "the guys" did this!
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am all for search functions. Yesterday I spent four hours just trying to find a boot motif. Omg pages and pages of everything but that boot on like every GT in tamriel........I was too tired to play after that. :(
    We don't even have a simplified version to search. It's just crap. Pc have such a huge advantage over console. What I would give for master merchant.
    Edited by LadyDestiny on July 19, 2017 6:04AM
  • MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's insane this isn't in the game

the guild store system on console is horrendously tedious, it boggles my mind how that isn't a top priority for the dev team

it makes gearing up for end game a massive chore
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't even have that on PC in the base UI. Granted, you can install Awesome Guildstore. But that doesn't change the fact that the base game UI is lacking in so many regards. I don't think we'll have to hold our breath for some ZOS innovation. It's been 3 years already.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a sort button would do, to put like sets near each other.
    100% don't want a global AH tho
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So? That would only work for buying things in the firsr place, which is kind of the point. Nobody wants to spend 2hrs sifting through junk to not find what they want. It's painful. And no, that is not why eldenroot is popular. Eldenroot has always been popular, and will be, even if they had 0 guild traders. Elden root guild traders and zone spammers are popular because of the location, not vice versa.

There will still be plenty without a trader selling their wares in zonechat, and people looking to flip items. People looking in traders will continue to do so, painfully, or otherwise.

Despite the fact nothing will change, maybe they should get rid of traders alltogether. 90% of all the good trade guilds are owned by the same filthy rich pc transfers that exploited a bug shortly after release. The whole system is a convoluted frustration for most.
    Edited by Ep1kMalware on July 19, 2017 10:29PM
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's insane a search bar has not been added yet at the bare minimum. We should not have to download a mod for this...