Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do marshmellows exist in Tamriel?

WhiteCoatSyndrome
WhiteCoatSyndrome
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I have the Khajiit firepit in my embassy and was wondering if s'mores night is an event the First Emissary should be planning. :smiley: They don't seem to have much in them, certainly Tamriel has sugar...I already know chocolate exists.
#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, but we can get you some nice Marshmerrow pulp Imported from Morrowind: en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Marshmerrow
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a processed food, and Tamriel isn't industrialized.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

According to a quick skim reading of Wikipedia marshmellows date back to ancient Egypt. And the modern form isn't that hard to make by hand in small batches. The gelatin would be a pain to make if you had to do it yourself from scratch, but only because it's time consuming and somewhat unpleasant, it's not something that requires modern technology.

So I don't think technology or industrialisation is a barrier.

If anything it's a cultural/inspiration issue - has anyone in Tamriel ever thought of combining those ingredients in that way?
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish pizza and burritos existed in Tamriel.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    If anything it's a cultural/inspiration issue - has anyone in Tamriel ever thought of combining those ingredients in that way?

:o Hammerfell draws style from Egypt, High Rock from France. They're right next door to each other and in an alliance in ESO, and the Bretons are stereotyped as good cooks...if they haven't already I see no reason why they couldn't. :smiley: And this line:
    It was strictly reserved for gods and royalty, who took the root of the plant and used it as a medicinal to soothe coughs and sore throats, and heal wounds.

I can have s'mores night and it won't even raise eyebrows! :D
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh, apparently you can make them fairly easily.. :/
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    I wish pizza and burritos existed in Tamriel.

Similar foods exist through out culture in the real world. They are basic and surely can exist
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

what does that even mean? I mean, chocolate is processed, even chopped fruit is processed, and they exist on Nirn
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have Gelatin? Do you have Sugar? Do you have Heat? Then you have Marshmallows*

http://www.food.com/recipe/homemade-marshmallows-no-corn-syrup-384069

*Note, you will need forearms the size of Popeye if you don't have an electric mixer
    Edited by Nestor on July 24, 2017 7:58PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    *Note, you will need forearms the size of Popeye if you don't have an electric mixer

I'm sure I can convince the Dragonstar Caravan Company to loan me someone sufficiently well ripped to pull that off...or better; there are Dwemer ruins nearby - I'll find an appropriate spinny bit, hook up a couple extra gears and a beater to it and make a steam mixer! :mrgreen:
  • ChibchanLawyer
    They sure should. I raise the spine of craving.