Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What is the name of this set?

EramTheLiar
EramTheLiar
✭✭✭✭
I ran across people discussing it in these forums, thought "oh, that's interesting" and promptly forgot it so completely I can't even think of keywords to use to search for it. :-/

The fifth piece of the set takes your highest damage (either magic or physical) and applies it to both. What is the name of that outfit?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelinal crafted set makes the lower of your spell damage/weapon damage the same as your higher, after buffs
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep Pelinal
  • EramTheLiar
    EramTheLiar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! And it's a crafted set? Neat.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelinas is a crafted 9 trait set. You need a mastercrafter to build it ;)
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • EramTheLiar
    EramTheLiar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got a character who's close!
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before you go making it, there's a number of us that have run it. Google it first, theory crafting wise, it looks good, in practice it's not as good as you'd think.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Concur, it sounded like an amazing set but it actually kinda stinks.

Let's assume you're a stam character bringing your magic up in damage. It works in either direction, but for this post let's use a hypothetical stam toon. Pelinals doesn't perform well because:

- this toon gets more spell damage (great) but he doesn't get more max magic (boo), which affects the damage value. And also how many abilities can be cast. My stamina toons can maybe cast 20 stam abilities before running dry, but only five magic. So it's not like I can have a massive stam gas tank, then when I run short I get a massive magic tank too. I get a few more casts.

- most players depend on buffs to boost their dps, like major brutality. And most classes don't have easy access to both major brutality AND major sorcery, so one resource is still going to massively over perform unless you fill your bar with buffs for both, which is tough...especially since you also hypothetically need to bring in a bunch of magic attacks too.

- most players already use their non-fighting resource for useful things. Like buffs via magic for stam toons, or good old dodge roll for magic toons. Usually you get better dps by using your non-fighting resource to assist your fighting resource.

- having the set forces one to forego another possible buff. Like say with Hunding Rage, which offers 300 weapon damage. So all of my stamina hits lose some power in order to give a few magic hits more. It's usually not worth it.

I'm sure there's a build out there that makes this thing work...but for most players it's a loser.