Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Craftable sets advice

BuyMe500Pugs_Please
Hi i just want to know a few things.. First, can i make any sets with 2 traits only researched (Preferably stamina based) 2, since I'm using stamina based and i want to make a 5 set piece, if i have 4 medium armor pieces with two traits and the last with only 1, can i add a heavy piece which has two traits or is it limited to just medium armor type. 3, where do i find these because i have only found the coldharbour set which required 5 traits, and i think the hews bane one was 9

Best Answers

• Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a link showing the craftable sets and required traits
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Set+Bonus+Crafting+Locations

Each piece can only have one trait, but you can mix them up however you like to suit your build.
    Answer ✓
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good questions. That link is the site I use for locations also.

As a stam character, start with Night Silence and Ashen Grip. These are two trait sets and you can research those very quickly. Then keep the research churning, especially on medium armor. Hundings Rage is a great stam set and being able to craft your own is useful. It's a six trait set. Don't stress...it's not a rush...fill in research slots as available and it'll open quickly enough.

As a general rule, when researching it's helpful to research the traits your most likely going to want to craft and wear. It's therefore a good idea to focus on researching divines, infused and training for body pieces, and sharpened, precise and training for weapons. If you need traits for research, you can search guild stores, but honestly a lot of vets will make the stuff for free. Go to a capital city and put out a zone or guild chat asking for a specific line, like "New player here, can anyone make me medium divines armor for research." For many of us crafters the mats for this are totally worthless, and I'm always happy to throw a set someone's way for research.

To make set pieces you have to complete research in that armor weight and piece. For example, if you research divines and infused jacks, you can then make a Night Silence jack. But you cannot make a light armor shirt or heavy armor cuirass until,you research two traits in those items.

In terms of getting the set bonus, weights don't matter. Equip any 5 night Silence items (including weapons), and you'll get the buffs. To check buff status, look at the set's tool tip in your inventory under any equipped piece of that set. Buffs light up as they become active. If you see the 2, 3 and 4 piece buff lit but the 5th is greyed out, you're not getting that buff.

Note that you have 11 or 12 slots in total (7 body, 3 jewelry and 1 or 2 weapons. You can therefore stack more than one set on your character, although there are limitation because you can't craft jewelry, so you can't wear two 5 piece crafted sets. The point being that success in ESO is largely about maximizing thengear configuration, so wearing multiple sets is important.

Answer ✓
  • BuyMe500Pugs_Please
    Thank you that helps alo:)
  • BuyMe500Pugs_Please
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Good questions. That link is the site I use for locations also.

As a stam character, start with Night Silence and Ashen Grip. These are two trait sets and you can research those very quickly. Then keep the research churning, especially on medium armor. Hundings Rage is a great stam set and being able to craft your own is useful. It's a six trait set. Don't stress...it's not a rush...fill in research slots as available and it'll open quickly enough.

As a general rule, when researching it's helpful to research the traits your most likely going to want to craft and wear. It's therefore a good idea to focus on researching divines, infused and training for body pieces, and sharpened, precise and training for weapons. If you need traits for research, you can search guild stores, but honestly a lot of vets will make the stuff for free. Go to a capital city and put out a zone or guild chat asking for a specific line, like "New player here, can anyone make me medium divines armor for research." For many of us crafters the mats for this are totally worthless, and I'm always happy to throw a set someone's way for research.

To make set pieces you have to complete research in that armor weight and piece. For example, if you research divines and infused jacks, you can then make a Night Silence jack. But you cannot make a light armor shirt or heavy armor cuirass until,you research two traits in those items.

In terms of getting the set bonus, weights don't matter. Equip any 5 night Silence items (including weapons), and you'll get the buffs. To check buff status, look at the set's tool tip in your inventory under any equipped piece of that set. Buffs light up as they become active. If you see the 2, 3 and 4 piece buff lit but the 5th is greyed out, you're not getting that buff.

Note that you have 11 or 12 slots in total (7 body, 3 jewelry and 1 or 2 weapons. You can therefore stack more than one set on your character, although there are limitation because you can't craft jewelry, so you can't wear two 5 piece crafted sets. The point being that success in ESO is largely about maximizing thengear configuration, so wearing multiple sets is important.

Thank you that explains alot too, I did choose night silence/ashen grip as they looked good.Thankfully I have researched a ton of traits without really knowing anything about it, however the most traits I researched are in the light armor category. Still had enough to make this with medium though except for the boots which I had to use light. The mains traits I want I have, some of the others I have but at the moment I can only do 3 research items and they're starting to take days now instead of hours. I've been focusing on getting clothing up which is now at 42 because I'm sure I can still unlock another item to research, woodworking and blacksmithing are currently 36 and 28.