Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

can't keep up with CP

dueldragon
dueldragon
✭✭
It feels like CP levels go by too fast, I can't keep up with the blacksmithing clothing and woodworking skill trees because it simply goes by too fast, I'm still stuck on Ebony when I should be at Galatite, My items are also becoming gradually weaker now. What can I do?

This may seem liek a weird question, BUt this is my case now
  • dueldragon
    dueldragon
    ✭✭
    The enlightment will run out, right?

This is probably a silly question, but I'm not that experienced with CP.
    Edited by dueldragon on July 14, 2017 1:30PM
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best thing to do is deconstruct everything you get. That is the fastest way to level 50 in crafting skill lines. Once there you will need skill points. This is really how you get your material level to go up.

Once at crafter level 50. Farm for skyshards. Do quests that give you skill points. Pump those skill points in and you will be crafting with higher level mats in no time.

Good luck
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what your question is--are you leveling past your gear? That's okay! If you are just questing, don't sweat gear too much until you hit CP160 (when you can make max level gear that you won't outlevel).

Until then, You'll do fine wearing dropped gear and/or crafted gear. Just keep deconning drops to gradually level up your crafting and make sure you keep research slots full on all crafts.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dueldragon wrote: »
    It feels like CP levels go by too fast, I can't keep up with the blacksmithing clothing and woodworking skill trees because it simply goes by too fast, I'm still stuck on Ebony when I should be at Galatite,

Not really. You can safely let your equipment get behind in levels, especially when it is crafted and so you have set bonuses. The game is very forgiving during the levelling-up phase.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, I wrote most of an elaborate post on how to level crafting and THEN I actually realized what you meant :D

Enlightenment will run out at around 90 cp after which you will level significantly slower(you will keep earning 400k enlightenment per day though). I'd say craft new gear then and then update it maybe at 120 cp and then at cap already. If your crafting is too low to craft don't worry and just use some semi appropriate world drops, you should be fine in open world. For dungeons, especially vet ones, I'd highly advise gear as close to your level as possible though.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most efficient solution is to grind quickly from CP1 to 160. It's not as far as it sounds. Take this time to clear any public dungeons / delves you have outstanding, close dolmens you have closed, clear some world bosses...do the big xp items.

Getting from vet to c160 only takes 10-20 days, even playing only an hour each day. You can get by with one or two armor sets before you hit 160 and invest in longer term gear. If you try to make new gear every ten CP levels it'll drive you mad.