The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Soloable Dungeons

NewFordOrder
NewFordOrder
✭✭✭
So I'm nearing level 50 and I haven't really messed with dungeons, aside from wandering into a few and getting destroyed. I'd like to try my hand again, though. What are some of the easiest ones that can be done solo?

Thanks.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For actual group dungeons you're going to need knowledge of the dungeon and a good build/good command of your character to solo them.

There are other dungeons that can pretty much be solo'd strewn about, delves and public dungeons. These don't really range in difficulty so much, excepting the public dungeons in DLC zones might be a bit tougher. You share this space with other players however.

Fungal Grotto 1 will likely be the first step in soloing group content.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found all the public dungeons to be easy to solo.

Group dungeons... not so much. I was able to do Fungal Grotto 1 on my Magplar but couldn't get far at all in Fungal Grotto 2, and this was on normal.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As above, do you mean Delves, Dungeons (public - with group event) or the Group dungeons that are instanced? If the later FG or i guess any in the alliance starter zones.

I assume you don't want to play with others? As group dungeons are better with at least a buddy.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    On normal difficulty, pretty much every dongeon is soloable. On vet... some are (though I've seen people soloing vet dungeons I thought can't be soloed, so it's a matter of skill, I guess). Wayrest Sewers, Fungal Grotto, Banished Cells, Elden Hollow, City of Ash, Crypt of Hearts, Vaults of Madness (although the second boss, the harvester one that floats you in the air, can be a PITA).

The normal dungeons in starting zones are easy enough to solo at ~lv30 (no cp) with proper gear and general game knowledge (on normal you can ignore pretty much all mechanics). Just make sure you're able to get ~8-10k dps, as it makes them so much easier.
    Edited by tommalmm on July 12, 2017 12:47PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In normal mode, where it often makes sense to stand one's ground in red circles:
    • The easiest two dungeons to solo or duo are Fungal Grotto 1 and Banished Cells 1. BC1 has had a bug for a while in which the final boss doesn't move around, so you have less time to kill the healing orbs before they reach him. Given that, I think FG1 is easier at the moment.
    • Elden Hollow 1 may be the next easiest.
    • Spindleclutch 1 is pretty easy too. It's just a bit confusing, because the conceit is that the villain is messing with your head.
    • Darkshade 1 is straightforward too, but in the final fight you need to kill (most of) the healing spiders while not getting killed by a hard-hitting boss, so it's easier for some builds and playstyles than for others.
    • City of Ash 1 has one fight that's necessarily at long range and one that's necessarily at close range. Other than whichever of those is harder for you, it's pretty straightforward. Lots of flame damage there, so it may be harder for vampires.
    • Crypt of Hearts 1 is easy to duo, but there's a lot of cc, so it might be harder solo.
    • Vaults of Madness requires some alertness to duo, so there definitely would be tricky moments if you tried to solo it.

Overall, dungeons fall into three groups:
    1. The original 16 (one for each zone, including Coldharbour)
    2. The 8 marked as "2" -- these used to be called "veteran" mode, and are sequels to the ones marked as "1".
    3. The ones added via DLC.

The first group are definitely the ones to do first. That said:
    • Blackheart Haven in Bangorkai is the one to try last.
    • Selene's Web in Reaper's March is the one to try second-to-last.

Edited by FrancisCrawford on July 14, 2017 7:58AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I should add that Direfrost Keep has a mechanic -- a pair of pressure plates -- that requires two players, unless you can find some quasi-exploit workaround.

People who "solo" Direfrost Keep commonly call in guild chat for somebody to briefly join their group and get them past that point.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CoA: easy soloable but watch for Warden of the Shrine boss,he is the hardest and at very close space

Fungal Grotto : second boss,Warchief Ozazai is trouble, the rest of dungeon is easy

i advice you to go some normal runs (loll go a lot of normal runs first) then try CoA vet :)
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If youre getting destroyed, maybe its better to try these dungeons with a group, and then solo them.
    Because all dungeons, even the easiest ones and even on normal mode are more diffcult than quests, after all theyre designed for a group of 4 players. And that means you need a somewhat optimized build to solo them (crafted/farmed gear sets, decent sustain etc).
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • humpalicous
    humpalicous
    ✭✭✭
    So I'm nearing level 50 and I haven't really messed with dungeons, aside from wandering into a few and getting destroyed. I'd like to try my hand again, though. What are some of the easiest ones that can be done solo?

Thanks.

Vet dungeons I've soloed on my Stam Sorc:

Fungal Grotto I
    Darkshade Caverns I
    City of Ash I

I guess start with them, many dungeons have mechanics that require more players but some of them are just run in and kill stuff, so if you master your build then go for it.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run them with groups first to learn the mechanics. Soloing dungeons isn't that easy unless you're pretty experienced or are playing on some of the easier classes for solo like mag sorc.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    CoA: easy soloable but watch for Warden of the Shrine boss,he is the hardest and at very close space

That's my experience in principle, although as in most dungeons, I've duoed rather than soloed it.

However, a melee build might have trouble in the final boss fight, no?
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »

That's my experience in principle, although as in most dungeons, I've duoed rather than soloed it.

However, a melee build might have trouble in the final boss fight, no?

well, you must eliminate flame atros quickly and follow him while he teleports...repeat and watch his AoE fire attack

edit:with my magsorc (pet build) had probs cause pet was stuck with atronachs while i was focusing on boss so be aware of this

good luck

Edited by method__01 on July 15, 2017 1:23PM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA