Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How much of the Lore do you guys know?

JamieAubrey
JamieAubrey
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I myself know very little :( but I'm willing to learn more

What's a good source to start ?
Edited by JamieAubrey on July 14, 2017 8:33PM
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UESP and Imperial Library
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UESP is my go to, there are also the Shoddycast videos on YouTube which are shot bites of lore.

Season 1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-chDClmdos&list=PL7pGJQV-jlzCPBUy9uAXQUXZ4UBaDLKS5

Edit: Also boo for Jamie stealing my first in this category, I have a forums rep to keep up you know! :tongue:
    Edited by Turelus on July 14, 2017 8:39PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know a little bit. Still lots to learn. Some of the sources out there are questionable though. Imperial Library is excellent.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    UESP and Imperial Library

Pretty much this. I recommend picking a race or a topic you want to know more about to start with, and research that (UESP usually cites sources for its general blurbs, so you can see the source material they got it from). And read the books you find when you're playing the games if you aren't already since that's what a lot of the stuff on the wiki is. Beyond that do what you're doing; ask questions. :)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhere in between none and all of it

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Before I found UESP, I read almost any book in TES III

I understood nothing xD
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I check UESP and the Elder Scrolls Wikia from time to time to keep my knowledge up should a question arise.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • COFFAN
    COFFAN
    ✭✭
    I used to listen to "the elder lore" podcast... it was interesting... but then I quit playing the game and stuff... but I'm back... wish I had the time and patience to read all the lore books I find in game
    Tee hee
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, UESP is definitely the goto place for Lore.

Administered by the great @Enodoc.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And read the books you find when you're playing the games if you aren't already

There's a PDF of all the books in Skyrim floating around somewhere, very helpful for a start. Has all the older lore that's still in game. Thought someone was trying to make a PDF of the ESO specific books, but not sure if that ever happened.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Uesp is the place to go if you want to avoid any fake stuff
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the replies guys, will check those out
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Before I found UESP, I read almost any book in TES III

I understood nothing xD

That's only because Kirkbride was bombed out of his skull on nicotine and caffeine when writing. :p
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Played thes games for years. Use to keep lore notes as I played. I still have them somewhere. My friends and I would pen and paper roleplay adventures. I miss being that young and happy.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bonzodog01 wrote: »
    Yeah, UESP is definitely the goto place for Lore.
    Administered by the great @Enodoc.
    I love how many people seem to think this, but I'm actually not a UESP admin. Just a contributor :smiley:
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imperial Library is great. There are also the Tales of Tamriel and Skyrim history print books available for sale that contain in-game books. They're for sale individually now but some boxed sets are available for pre-order for a release later this year.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Glarin
    Glarin
    ✭✭✭
    I mostly know about daedra and creationism but very little about societies and culture.
    Aldmeri Dominon: Glarin |Dragonknight *** Erìnwy |Sorcerer
    Ebonheart Pact: Alexandrìte |Dragonknight |Former Emperor *** Oops I Negated Again |Sorcerer |Former Emperor
    Daggerfall Covenant: Eìr |Templar
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's only because Kirkbride was bombed out of his skull on nicotine and caffeine when writing. :p

This explains so much. :D
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CHIM is like nirvana. Tiber Septim used CHIM to change Cyrodiil climate from jungle to grasslands and deciduous forests... I mean Vivec had sex with Molag Ball and get CHIM in return to do something I forgot. When you achieve CHIM you are back in time before Aurbis and you can change something. Yeah I know a lot! Winged Twillights are made by Azura, Ogrims by Malacath, Dremoras by Mehrunes Dagon, Hungers by Boethia. I'm genius, I know...
    PC/EU
  • Axmalexia
    Axmalexia
    ✭✭✭
    CHIM is like nirvana. Tiber Septim used CHIM to change Cyrodiil climate from jungle to grasslands and deciduous forests... I mean Vivec had sex with Molag Ball and get CHIM in return to do something I forgot. When you achieve CHIM you are back in time before Aurbis and you can change something. Yeah I know a lot! Winged Twillights are made by Azura, Ogrims by Malacath, Dremoras by Mehrunes Dagon, Hungers by Boethia. I'm genius, I know...

This is basically it. Oh, you forgot the Wheel!
  • Diabolus1989
    Diabolus1989
    ✭✭✭
    I'd recommend reading up on the timeline. Give it a quick look through, or go in depth. Lots of characters, events and places are mentioned in this way and you can grasp the evolution of the Elder Scrolls series at the same time. I use the Elder Scrolls Wiki for this, but UESP is also very good.

Don't try and absorb everything at once, there is a huge amount of lore. Just take it bit by bit.
  • Ir0nB34r
    Ir0nB34r
    ✭✭✭
    Between my brother and I we can have a discussion of ES lore that covers a wide variety of content. If you want to learn more, try one of the oldest and most popular resources for ES lore:

https://www.imperial-library.info/
    [XBOX][NA]
    Breton | Sorcerer | Damage Dealer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Breton | Warden | Healer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Argonian | Dragon Knight | Tank - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    (Retired)Breton | Sorcerer | Tank - Build Info (<< Link to Google Docs Page)
    "If you are quitting, can I have your stuff??"
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look up a Wiki for Elder Scrolls and start reading. Click on links for interesting things in the articles and read those articles. Just spend a good few hours doing nothing but that, what I usually do.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    not much, sometimes I read books in ESO, sometimes I watch lore videos on youtube, but not often
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than Aggelos :wink:
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None and not bothered at all
    Edited by Banana on July 25, 2017 8:48AM
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    As proud Dunmer I know where is the right place of Khajiits and Argonians
    DC Dunmer Sorcerer since 2014
    @morvayn54, PC/EU