Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing and storage furnishing, ways to make housing system more desireable.

makreth
makreth
✭✭✭✭✭
Storage in Eso can be a little frustrating especially when someone has a lot of characters or is gathering set items to try out new builds and gameplays. Zos recently announced that double slots are coming for the bank however I'm here to suggest something more to an extent that would make housing even more desireable to people.

As it is now housing doesn't serve a real purpose, anything in house can be found just in a city, a bank, a vendor even guild traders.

Suggestions:
1) Add a wayshrine furnishing (there is one already I've heard) and make it interactable, click on to travel.
2) Special Containers. These could work like the new double bank slots, kind of. If you are an eso+ you can place items in there for a future use or whatever you want for. With the expiration of eso+ you can no longer store in there items but you can still retrieve anything you like.
3)Ways to increase +max player limit. Of course there needs to be a limit to a small zone like the house zones but still there could be a way to increase the limit like +5 or +10 players. This is especially needed for guild houses, which are not here yet.
4) More interactable objects, beds, wardrobes (opening a wardrobe or a nightstand animations), harp,hammock swinging etc. and etc. There are so many things that can be done.
5) Npcs. As it is now I think you can only have what purchased (pets excluded). So here we go, a banker and a merchant. I would add some more NPCs like: Bard, Dancers, Guards-Bodyguards, Cook-Chef, Bartender, Enchanter merchant, stable boy, cleaning lady and any kind you can imagine.
6) Others have suggested that a bonus to exp would be a good idea as well the more you stay in your house the more "rested" experience you get up to a limit.
7 ) Capacity increase on placeable objects much like the c) suggestion
8) Crafting nodes and provisioning containers. These could be looted or extracted with a long cooldown but still give a nice touch on your house.
9) mannequins to equip your armor and have a collection of them in your house and/or even a way to preview how they look.
Any thoughts, suggestions?
Edited by makreth on June 5, 2017 12:59PM
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mannequins to equip your armor and have a collection of them in your house and/or even a way to preview how they look.
  • caninepastaub17_ESO
    caninepastaub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    One of my fondest memories of Skyrim is the stuff I had stored in my houses. Gorgeous weapons and armor, books, bowls of torchbug thoraxes, soul gems, and of course a cheese room. I spent many happy times in there making potions as well. I loved all the flexibility for storage and display. And the weapon display cases! Loved them!

Please add storage and display to the houses. Please add a way to display all the interesting collectibles I keep finding more and more of. This goes way beyond looking at stats and seeing, well, not a whole lot of people have maxed out their storage. Displaying cool things in a house just adds so much. I am hanging in to a lot of neat pieces in my bank and player carry just hoping I can put them in my house someday. Just the helmets I have would look awesome on stands or just on tables!

I am fiercely hoping storage and display and other kinds of interactivity comes to houses soon. I know for sure I have lots of company.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    makreth wrote: »
    Storage in Eso can be a little frustrating especially when someone has a lot of characters or is gathering set items to try out new builds and gameplays. Zos recently announced that double slots are coming for the bank however I'm here to suggest something more to an extent that would make housing even more desireable to people.

As it is now housing doesn't serve a real purpose, anything in house can be found just in a city, a bank, a vendor even guild traders.

Suggestions:
    1) Add a wayshrine furnishing (there is one already I've heard) and make it interactable, click on to travel.
    2) Special Containers. These could work like the new double bank slots, kind of. If you are an eso+ you can place items in there for a future use or whatever you want for. With the expiration of eso+ you can no longer store in there items but you can still retrieve anything you like.
    3)Ways to increase +max player limit. Of course there needs to be a limit to a small zone like the house zones but still there could be a way to increase the limit like +5 or +10 players. This is especially needed for guild houses, which are not here yet.
    4) More interactable objects, beds, wardrobes (opening a wardrobe or a nightstand animations), harp,hammock swinging etc. and etc. There are so many things that can be done.
    5) Npcs. As it is now I think you can only have what purchased (pets excluded). So here we go, a banker and a merchant. I would add some more NPCs like: Bard, Dancers, Guards-Bodyguards, Cook-Chef, Bartender, Enchanter merchant, stable boy, cleaning lady and any kind you can imagine.
    6) Others have suggested that a bonus to exp would be a good idea as well the more you stay in your house the more "rested" experience you get up to a limit.
    7 ) Capacity increase on placeable objects much like the c) suggestion
    8) Crafting nodes and provisioning containers. These could be looted or extracted with a long cooldown but still give a nice touch on your house.
    9) mannequins to equip your armor and have a collection of them in your house and/or even a way to preview how they look.
    Any thoughts, suggestions?

This one wants all this, and also her khajiiti skooma bubbler to be usable and fully workable item in her house. Khajiit she has the bubbler, but can not use it well. Does not burn, nor smoke...

With hope of /smokebubbler emote one day
    Maoimii
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    guild bank access, repair, bards, possibility to place the other characters for party :)!!!
    Edited by altemriel on July 15, 2017 8:08AM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just about anything you can do in towns doesn't need to be put into housing.

The first thing they need to do is create a drop down menu so guild mates and friends can visit any of your homes not just a primary.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."