The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

What do I do with my Aethiric Cipher?

NordSwordnBoard
NordSwordnBoard
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Got it from a durzog in Deshaan...acipher_zps1vugpat6.jpg
Edited by NordSwordnBoard on July 13, 2017 7:49PM
Fear is the Mindkiller

What do I do with my Aethiric Cipher? 21 votes

Sell it and become Nouveau Riche
57%
f047ys3v3nTarukmocktoLadyDestinyApheriusFerrumnCutemPuzzlenutsJawasaStaniacasparianplaysforfuneirinnpryderiYsgramor17 12 votes
Start cooking on your own like Walter White
42%
TriumviriAdamskiAlderssaxgoonerPC0523bebynnagRosenrotWolfTomCarterESOmexicutioner915hookemhorns212 9 votes
  • FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sell it and become Nouveau Riche
    Thats well over a million gold which will set you up nicely for the rest of your eso life
    Options
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keep it & invest in some dust you will make more money selling the 150% xp pots,

(i earned enough to get the countess title 11mil)
    Edited by bebynnag on July 14, 2017 1:09PM
    Options
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a master seller in ESO. I've never bought the recipe because it hasn't looked worth the effort to me to be a mythical ambrosia seller. Here's how I look at it. These are PS4 NA prices...you might double check your guild stores to see if your platform is different.

The recipe can net $2 million.
    Mythical ambrosia will net $30k per pot
    Dust costs $90k
    Standard psijic is worth $4k

Therefore, if you become a seller let's look at the profit model. A mythic costs 1 psijic. This could sell for $4k, so we build that into the cost of a mythic. That psijic plus a $90k dust makes four. So our per-potion cost is 94,000 / 4 = 23,500.

If you're selling these for 30k, that's $6,500 profit per pot. You need to sell 305 to break even on the money you would have made just selling the recipe.

In my guild stores, $30k mythics have been around for 7-15 days. That tells me they don't sell that fast. Some stores have people dropping the price to $28k...it'd take thousands of sales for that price to make sense.

There are easier ways to make cash...my assessment is that selling the recipe makes the most sense.
    Options
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    your maths do not take into consideration listing fee & house cut when the item sells via a trader
    i have sold many pots through the trader

but personally i prefer to make 8 & stand outside skyreach and instigate a bidding war
    Options
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for the responses, you've saved me from doing extra market research for this and informed me quite a bit.

In this game, we all get by with a little help from our friends. One kind Bro of mine in particular has been after this and has far better means to start putting some out there for sale than I do.

Looks like I'm not selling it or keeping it - I'm entering into an investment partnership!
    Fear is the Mindkiller
    Options