Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What is included with Morrowind - PS4

kdatriob14_ESO
kdatriob14_ESO
Soul Shriven
I have bought Morrowind for the PS4. When I bought it, the clerk told me I didn't need any of the DLC crowns since it came with all of them. Now that I am in it (barely) I keep seeing it offering me the DLCs. I want to have all the content, but don't want to buy it if it is there somewhere and I am missing it. Also, do the PS4 need the ESO Plus or can we even get it? I saw somewhere that it is only for PC/Mac.

Thank you and sorry if these are dumb,
Keith
  • deleted210304-002304
    deleted210304-002304
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you just bought the standard Morrowind edition for PS4 then you will only have access to the Morrowind chapter and the base game.

In order to get access to DLC packs such as the Dark Brotherhood or Imperial City you will either need to buy them all using crowns (which is the currency you buy with actual money; you should start with 500 for free, although that won't get you any of the DLC) or you can get an ESO plus subscription which is available on PS4 and will grant you access to all the DLC and some other benefits.
  • deleted210304-002304
    deleted210304-002304
    ✭✭✭✭
    I should also add that an ESO plus subscription will also give you 1500 crowns per month, which will allow you to perminantly buy some of the DLC if your subscription ends (The DLC ranges from 1500 crowns to 3000)
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other post seemed a little confusing. Let me try to clarify.

DLCs that do NOT come with Morrowind: Orsinium, Imperial City, Thieves Guild (Hews Bane), Dark Brotherhood (Gold Coast), Shadows of the Hist (no area, this is two 4-player dungeons).

Ways to get:

ESO plus opens all of these ONLY while ESO plus is active. But each month of plus also gives 1500 crowns. It's slightly more expensive than buying crown packs, but you get several perks of plus (these are listed on a tab in the crown store, I won't relist them).

Purchase with crowns in crown store via dlc tab. Note that the best value is the 4-pack for 5500 crowns. Also note that a 3 month subscription to plus gives you 4500 crowns...you can try the DLCs and if you like all the areas a few more crowns would allow you to permanently unlock them.

Purchase a gold edition game disc. I don't think this is a cost effective option any more because it's out of print. But the gold edition came with the 4 dlc pack and some other items. Booting into the game with that disc would unlock all the goodies on your account then you can go back to your Morrowind disc. The gold edition used to be sold for $15, making it a cheap way to get these areas...but like I said it's out of print and unless you can find a cheap copy it's not the best way to get the DLCs.

The best value honestly is ESO plus. It lets you try before you buy DLCs. If you love an area but won't stay a plus member permanently, use your monthly crowns to buy it. If it's an area you want to quest through then you won't come back often, just play while plus is active. For me, I'll play Hews Bane occasionally, but I can go months without visiting the area so I didn't necessarily need to buy it. But I go to Wrothgar several times a week, so it made sense to spend my crowns on it.