The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Unholy Herdsman - Thelon's Pet Build (Homestead)

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi! :)

I am a returning player and started following your build. I am set up with a combination of end game gear and the poor man's gear for now, and working on achieving Undaunted Mettle. I decided to go for Unstable Clannfear for tanking purposes as I solo most of the time.

My conundrum is this - I can't use Matriarch as she blocks my view and interferes with gameplay. Will this build work without her and do you have any recommendation as to what would be a suitable replacement?

My pet build only runs one pet. I'm sure thelon will say you can do content fine with just one
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My pet build only runs one pet. I'm sure thelon will say you can do content fine with just one

Thank you! :)
    [EU PC]
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding armor, I'm running Necropottyx5 and Julianosx5. Easy and very effective.

Regarding dropping the matriarch, I know what you mean about the flapping wings blocking your view. I've kind of gotten used to it. My other pet is the clannfear. The main reason I run matriarch is to heal my own tank (in case I need more than what the clannfear can do for himself) and also to help others who may be around and need it. If I dropped matriarch, I might consider running one of the dark exchange morphs simply for myself to augment the clannfear and power surge heals. So dropping matriarch would open two bar slots but one would go to dark exchange I think.

PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To replace the Matriarch you will need access to a significant burst heal. I would recommend Healing Ward which will require you to back-bar a Resto staff and front-bar your Elemental Blockade. It could work but the rotation will be clumsy and overall DPS will drop.

• kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, Arcadian! :)
    Thelon wrote: »
    To replace the Matriarch you will need access to a significant burst heal. I would recommend Healing Ward which will require you to back-bar a Resto staff and front-bar your Elemental Blockade. It could work but the rotation will be clumsy and overall DPS will drop.

Thank you for being upfront with me. I will try another build specifically geared towards no Matriarch then. :)
    [EU PC]
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also kyria you could run the Unstable Clannfear instead of the Volatile Familiar morph. This will give you access to a burst heal without relying on Matriarch​ or a Resto Staff
  • KyraCROgnon
    KyraCROgnon
    ✭✭✭
    Any update for Morrowind ?
  • eriklindham
    I like this build a lot, but I also wonder if it needs any tweaking with Morrowind?
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like this build a lot, but I also wonder if it needs any tweaking with Morrowind?

Yes, it does. Before the patch I soloed everything with ease and no potions, now I have to chug potions and still go out of magicka in boss fights.
  • Rikal
    Rikal
    ✭✭✭
    Great stuff. Never could find a build I liked for my mag sorc. Tried pet builds twice before and abandoned them. Set this build up yesterday with 5 Necropotence + 5 Elegance and today I soloed a veteran crypt of Hearts I, never having soloed a veteran anything before. Only had 2 deaths, both on the twins. one because the clannfear got knocked out of the ring and the bosses reset (at which point I lost my composure and died). The second because my food buff ran out during the fight, and I almost still won;) suffice to say the build is very strong for "solo" play. I also didn't use a single potion the whole dungeon. many thanks!
    Rikal on NA-PC (aka Rhaulikko)
  • Tallsoldier
    Hi, I have just returned to the game after a long absence and was looking for an updated build for my Magika Sorc build. I like this one a lot but was wondering if there is an updated one as I notice that there is now no Magican under Tower (The Thief branch) of the Command Points... unless I am blind lol.

Thanks.