Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is there a way to enter ESO without my friends knowing?

dueldragon
dueldragon
✭✭
So, I've tied the game to steam, But I don't know to be shown as logged on yet still play ESO, I just want to play peacefully without anyone talking to me in steam chat, Is there a way to do that?
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can change your Steam-status to offline.

Right click the icon on your task bar => Friends => Click the little arrow next to your name => Offline. You appear as offline so nobody will know.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As said above toggle yourself offline on Steam and then set yourself offline from the friends screen in ESO. It will remember the offline option on ESO, you can turn off auto-sign in on Steams friends.

People can still see you online on Steam though if they check your profile, they will see a green border to say you're in a game.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

People can still see you online on Steam though if they check your profile, they will see a green border to say you're in a game.

I had no clue about that. Time to up my stalking-capabilities. :trollface:
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One consequence of playing 'offline'. If someone sees you and whispers to you, you won't see the message in your chat. I had forgotten once I was 'offline' and found myself working with another player on the same dolmen. We were talking fine using 'say' but when he tried to whisper me I couldn't see it. Took me awhile to cue on the fact that I was showing off line. Set myself to normal on line and then he could whisper to me.

A friend of mine sometimes shows himself as 'Do not disturb' - usually to do some dungeon of questibits work. That might be another option if you're not trying to be stealth, just play without distraction.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Offline is good but does miat pvp alert still alert ppl on my friend list that i am close by? Since i have alot of friends cross faction
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glamdring wrote: »
    Offline is good but does miat pvp alert still alert ppl on my friend list that i am close by? Since i have alot of friends cross faction

It does.

It checks their name and if they are on your friendlist.

It's not 'close by' though. They need to mouseover you or attack/buff/heal you.
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *logs in to run some quests and chill*

Steam Chat
    >Hey dude, wanna help me do this dungeon?

mfw

KE2Sr88.png