Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Purpose of Stamina in Riding Lessons

Mayanpup
Mayanpup
✭✭✭
I can understand the carry weight and speed but what does the Stamina do? You can continuously gallop as long as you want without it.

I have heard it would help you in not getting unseated but how often does that happen.?

Explain, please :)

Best Answers

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayanpup wrote: »
    I can understand the carry weight and speed but what does the Stamina do? You can continuously gallop as long as you want without it.
    I have heard it would help you in not getting unseated but how often does that happen.?
    Explain, please :)

It's a PvP thing. Without horse stamina, other players can easily knock you off your horse.
    :smile:
    Answer ✓
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina let's you yip-yip for longer distances. I don't know the word for it.. you know when you let go of sprint and press it again. Basically let's you travel a bit faster for longer.
    And as stated above, it lets you take more damage before getting thrown off your mount. This is important because if you're thrown off, you can't break free from the fall. You just lay there until your character decides to get back up and can be immediately CCd again.
    So ya, stamina is pretty important in Cyrodiil. Not so much outside of PVP zones.

Basically if you don't PVP, just upgrade your speed and storage space first, then worry about stamina.
    Edited by Alucardo on July 10, 2017 2:47AM
    Answer ✓
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not just a PvP thing. Even in PvE (where it's not player-versus-player), if your horse has no stamina, then you'll fall from the horse if a monster hits you a couple of times. The more stamina you have, the more they'd have to hit you before you fall off.

Edited by SydneyGrey on July 10, 2017 7:11AM
    Answer ✓
  • Jonno
    Jonno
    ✭✭✭
    Just holding shift is not the propper way to horse sprint you have to continually tap sprint and you go faster just like when jockys whip horses
    PC / EU
    |Chimaira
    |Thats What She Said
    |Call Of The Undaunted
    |Unfinished Business

TinkerBell - Orc Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Aelin - Bosmer Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Prıncess - Dunmer - Mag NB - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Cher Lloyd - Dunmer - Sorc - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Luna Lovegøød - Dunmer - Templar - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Leíghton - Redguard - Stam DK - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Answer ✓
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Not just a PvP thing. Even in PvE (where it's not player-versus-player), if your horse has no stamina, then you'll fall from the horse if a monster hits you a couple of times. The more stamina you have, the more they'd have to hit you before you fall off.
    True, but you rarely need lots of stamina in PvE, I get it up to 10-15 and start with inventory and return to stamina afterward.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.