Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[DISCONTINUED] Discord Bot with ESO information

• Edenprime
    Edenprime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for this :smile:
    Guildmaster of the largest Finnish community for ESO (dragonborninc.fi), ESO-Hub contributor, co-leader of PC/EU's largest trading network, Occasional coordinator of Bethesda Nordic community events and a raider. Twitter Twitch | Youtube
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wait, do I have to download something to be able to access the bot?
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

No, just klick the link on the original thread post, it should forward you to the Discord Website, where you can choose from a dropdown menu the servers you want to add it to. You need manage/admin permissions for the respective server, otherwise it will not be in the dropdown menu. That's it
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
    White Fox Vixen - EP - mTemplar
    This Fox is a Cat - EP - sSorc
  • playsforfun
    playsforfun
    ✭✭✭✭
    this is awesome thanks for it
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @chi_ras How does your bot determine which videos are "hot" and which are "newest" for the !youtube command?
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    @chi_ras How does your bot determine which videos are "hot" and which are "newest" for the !youtube command?

Newest is Really the last uploaded, hot recent is those with most clicks in the last 2 weeks
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chi_ras wrote: »

Newest is Really the last uploaded, hot recent is those with most clicks in the last 2 weeks

@chi_ras does it search specific channels? or does it search for a specific phrase like full "The Elder Scrolls Online"
    Edited by Rinmaethodain on May 25, 2017 3:37PM
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    @MaximusDargus It searches for everything tagged with ESO in the Game settings. When you upload a Vid and select the "game" category, there is an option for that (not the normal tags, the game tags). Then it is filtered for english language only, unfortunately youtube classifies everything as english, when there are english words in the title. So other languages are not completely filtered out, when they put "Elder Scrolls Online" in the title.
    Edited by chi_ras on May 25, 2017 3:55PM
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    I am sorry for problems with polls! I had a crash and a lot of polls have been reset. I am now working on a different way to store polls, so that this does'nt happen again. Will take me a few days, however.
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • fioskal
    fioskal
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any plans to add HoF to the leaderboard information here?
    -Fiona-
    PC - NA
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    fioskal wrote: »
    Are there any plans to add HoF to the leaderboard information here?

Yes, sorry for the delay. Its already in a new version of the bot, alongside many other MW updates and new commands. I just have a terribly overloaded time at my job, so was not able to get that online yet. Will be launched this weekend i hope!
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    Bot has been updated to a new version, with a lot of new gimmicks and changes today.

Good news:

1: Documentation online: http://foxbot.biotopia.info/

2: New commands:
    • !price for TTC guild vendor price lists
    • !config for some guild configurations
    • !subscribe for automatic news and updated on pledges, vendors, realm status etc.
    • every command has been extended by new options: add a "-help" and you will see!

Bad news:
    • It may crash from time to time, since I am only able to test in a very restricted environment. Will have some downtime here and then,... Will fix stuff asap as they occur.
    • Old polls are currently not accessible, since I switched the database format for that completely. I will start to migrate the old polls over the weekend
    Edited by chi_ras on June 23, 2017 4:01PM
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, polls have been updated now, so every old poll should be back. I also now fixed an error where there were problems in ending a poll, it was caused by whitespaces in the answers. Should be solved now..
    Edited by chi_ras on July 2, 2017 9:42AM
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • CripticCorp
    Nice work, any way i can get access to the source files to either run it off my own servers or implement it into my own bot?
    Would prefer to implement it into my own bot since I already have foundations down for aliasing commands and changing prefixes :)
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    Nice work, any way i can get access to the source files to either run it off my own servers or implement it into my own bot?
    Would prefer to implement it into my own bot since I already have foundations down for aliasing commands and changing prefixes :)

In principle sure, yet it is now very complex, using SQL databases and some dependencies, webhooks, a separate cron-like task-script etc to get full functionality, and the individual functions are split up between files. I guess it wont be easy to integrate things out of the box into your bot.

I am sorting out some things at the moment with some other guys, in terms of how to proceed in the future with the bot. If you are interested, I would be very happy to invite you to my github repos, if you have some commands/functions in mind and want to contribute. I have modularized the bot, so writing new commands should be easy, since the I/O is now standardized. The prefix changes are easy and could be integrated into the existing configuration thingy with a few lines.

So, you are invited to contribute to the existing or also get the code for yours, but I assume the later wont be as easy as you might think. I will need to make some documentation of the code in any case prior to both :)
    Edited by chi_ras on July 9, 2017 2:32PM
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • ChandraNalaar
    ChandraNalaar
    ✭✭✭
    Edenprime wrote: »

This bot is life.
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    Edenprime wrote: »

This bot is life.

Haha, thank you :) Happy you like it!
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As much as bots suck in ESO, they sure are great in Discord or Twitch. This looks amazing. I'll give it a try later.
  • CripticCorp

In principle sure, yet it is now very complex, using SQL databases and some dependencies, webhooks, a separate cron-like task-script etc to get full functionality, and the individual functions are split up between files. I guess it wont be easy to integrate things out of the box into your bot.

I am sorting out some things at the moment with some other guys, in terms of how to proceed in the future with the bot. If you are interested, I would be very happy to invite you to my github repos, if you have some commands/functions in mind and want to contribute. I have modularized the bot, so writing new commands should be easy, since the I/O is now standardized. The prefix changes are easy and could be integrated into the existing configuration thingy with a few lines.

So, you are invited to contribute to the existing or also get the code for yours, but I assume the later wont be as easy as you might think. I will need to make some documentation of the code in any case prior to both :)

Sweet, thank you. Pretty much i help out a little with Nadeko bot and by help i mean i lurk in their discord server every so often helping out new users self host or explain things about the public version. Then mostly write bugs for my edited version on my own servers, lol.
    Never the less Nadeko is open source so a lot of people contribute and it seems every time i turn around we have added in some new game related command/plugin. I am mostly lazy so I intend on asking them if they would like to implement the eso features/commands of your bot as Its been a few months since I set out to add in straw poll api into nadeko and thats well a 15 min job...... its been months, lol.
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭

Sweet, thank you. Pretty much i help out a little with Nadeko bot and by help i mean i lurk in their discord server every so often helping out new users self host or explain things about the public version. Then mostly write bugs for my edited version on my own servers, lol.
    Never the less Nadeko is open source so a lot of people contribute and it seems every time i turn around we have added in some new game related command/plugin. I am mostly lazy so I intend on asking them if they would like to implement the eso features/commands of your bot as Its been a few months since I set out to add in straw poll api into nadeko and thats well a 15 min job...... its been months, lol.

Yes, I am also thinking about opensourcing, but currently I am ashamed of how the code looks like :D so I have to write some documentation how to setup/run an own instance, and to add comments to the code, otherwise nobody else will understand it. My bot is very modularly organised, so in principle it's possible to add new commands with a few lines in a new js file, as all the parameter, input, settings and output is defined. So one can add new functions easily in the open source without touching and understanding the core framework. This makes it however harder to transfer to a different bot as well, but you can have a look soon at it yourself.

I had a quick look at Nakedo, it seems to be a general purpose bot, not game specific, so I think it might not be an ideal solution to integrate ESO there, but anyway, I don't mind, thats their choice. I think it might be hard still to re-use things there, from the docs it is not js nor sql based, and my code is completely written in the first and requires the letter in almost all commands.

You can PM me your github username, and I will invite you to the repos, once I have commented on a few things. I also have to clarify some other things with other people, since there is some interest in integration of the bot into one of the major ESO community sites. So this will take a few weeks for me, then I will add you to the repos or opensource it anyway for everybody :)
    Edited by chi_ras on July 12, 2017 8:13AM
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    does it so happens that Foxbot can't be seen in the chat? or is the server for it down right now?
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    RavenSworn wrote: »
    does it so happens that Foxbot can't be seen in the chat? or is the server for it down right now?

Make sure that you have in your user settings turned on the settings to see 'embeded links' otherwise the bot reacts to your command, but you will not see it.
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • Aeolwind
    Aeolwind
    ✭✭✭
    Bot has been updated to a new version, with a lot of new gimmicks and changes today.

Good news:

1: Documentation online: http://foxbot.biotopia.info/

2: New commands:
    • !price for TTC guild vendor price lists
    • !config for some guild configurations
    • !subscribe for automatic news and updated on pledges, vendors, realm status etc.
    • every command has been extended by new options: add a "-help" and you will see!

Bad news:
    • It may crash from time to time, since I am only able to test in a very restricted environment. Will have some downtime here and then,... Will fix stuff asap as they occur.
    • Old polls are currently not accessible, since I switched the database format for that completely. I will start to migrate the old polls over the weekend

Just an FYI, !subscribe isn't working. it is under !config -subscription

Great thing to have for any discord!
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #############################################
    UPDATED LIST OF COMMANDS (V2)
    Full documentation: http://foxbot.biotopia.info

Statistics: 200+ Servers already use the bot! Awesome!

Tipp: All commands now have a "-help" option

Regular Events
    !pledges -> Today's Undaunted pledges
    !trials -> This weeks's special trials

Weekend Vendors
    !golden -> Cyrodiil's Golden Vendor Items
    !luxury -> Luxury Housing Vendor Items

Game Information
    !set -> Set item information (e.g. !set skel)
    !price -> TTC guild vendor listing prices
    !lb -> Leaderboard scores (e.g. !lb $account, EU, HRC)

Group Tools
    !poll / !vote -> Start a poll, vote and end it

Official Information
    !status -> ESO server status
    !patch -> Latest ESO patch notes (and PTS with option)

Media
    !youtube -> Hot and new ESO videos
    !twitch -> Current top 5 ESO streams

Bot
    !config -> Options to adapt the bot to your needs
    !contact -> Contact information for the Bot author
    !help -> This help page
    #############################################

Cheers ESO community,

few months ago I created a Discord bot for my guild (Exterminatus, EU-PC) to get easy and quick access to some ESO related information. The list of commands grew over the time and is now a nice setup for ESO related information. So, I want to share this bot with you now, so that not only my guilds can benefit, but every ESO guild that uses Discord for guild/group communication.

Invite link: https://discordapp.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=251443671541481472&scope=bot
    The Bot needs only read and write permissions and embed links (!) in the channels where you want it to be allowed. You can thus make it work only in dedicated channels by disabling "read" permissions in all other channels.

If you want to check it out first before allowing it to go to your server, use this instant invite link to my test server: https://discord.gg/xY4jwrQ or contact me directly in Discord ID: Fox#6800
    I will kick you after a few days from that server, since it is just a sandbox where bot commands are spammed.

Current implemented commands are:

!help -> displays all commands

!pledges -> Today's Undaunted Pledges
    !trial -> this week's specially rewarded trial

!golden -> Cyrodiil's Golden Vendor Items (weekend)
    !luxury -> Luxury Housing Vendor Items (weekend)

!status -> ESO server status
    !patch -> Latest ESO patch notes
    !patchpts -> PTS (Morrowind) patch notes
    !set SETNAME -> Set item information (e.g. !set skel)

!youtube -> Hot and new ESO videos
    !twitch -> Current top 5 ESO streams

!contact -> Contact information for the Bot author

Here the exemplary output of the !golden command

3L0YsNO.png

Disclaimer: This bot may be down some times, since I have to take the server where it resides on down/restart from time to time. So don't expect 100% uptime. If you see that it is longer than 5 hours down, drop me a message in discord directly, bots are known to have disconnection issues sometimes in Discord.

Credit: I crawl most of this data from other websites, and I contacted the authors of these sites to reuse the data. So the credit goes mostly to these guys! Here the sources:
    Golden/Luxury info: http://www.benevolentbowd.ca
    Pledges/Trial/Leaderboard info: http://www.esoleaderboards.com
    Maintainance/Patchnotes: http://www.forums.elderscrollsonline.com
    The rest is taken using the official APIs available for the corresponding information or my own data collections.

I am always open for ideas and suggestions for new commands, best directly through Discord Fox#6800 or ingame @chi-ras
    I hope it will be useful to you guys and girls as well.

The FoX

UPDATE: Embed links permissions are required to work well with the new design!

is there a way to make it auto post?
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    is there a way to make it auto post?

You can make
    ... as guild admin in a guild channel
    ... or in a direct message to the bot

!config -sub 0,1,2

then you will get autoposts of pledges, news, weekend vendors, server status changes in the channel or as a DM, respectively
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, I've added this bot to my discord server for my members. However I have seen on other servers these welcome bots actually "Welcome" new members. How do I set mine to do that? I have 2 and I haven't seen them Welcome any of my new members.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://imgur.com/a/WSY8T

I'm actually looking for the page in order to give this bot ""Welcome"" Commands like DYnobot. Can you please post the proper link so I / we can get into Fox-Bot's Announcement settings.

Thank You.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @chaz ,

Its not a welcome bot, it only posts things when you type in a command (see original post) or when you sub a channel to announcements, pledges, weekend vendors...

I like to keep this a ESO specific bot, there are many other bots out there already that have admin or welcome functions.
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh, I see. Thank you @chi_ras . That is helpful to know.

• keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

No, just klick the link on the original thread post, it should forward you to the Discord Website, where you can choose from a dropdown menu the servers you want to add it to. You need manage/admin permissions for the respective server, otherwise it will not be in the dropdown menu. That's it

Hi @chi_ras I created a Discord server and have all admin/manage permissions for my server, however, when I've tried to use the invite link for Foxbot, I keep seeing this:

kfDCXeT.jpg
    Edited by keto3000 on September 26, 2017 3:19AM
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay