Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Guide] Destro/Resto Magicka Nightblade No-CP PvP Build

• brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Currently best battlegrounds build for magicka NB (in my opinion). Works great in CP too.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that's the best build, maybe that will be enough to comfortably play without getting oneshotted and absolutely destroyed in every typical scenario by almost every class (not by another NB....). Everyone was saying mnb was buffed in this update but it feels weaker and worse than ever.

Using the same skill bars and transmutation+skoria+war maiden. Doesn't work at all. Gonna collect Wizard's riposte and see if that's going to change anything. Not expecting much, tbh, but maybe that was the missing link?
  • Dottzgaming
    Dottzgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »
    If that's the best build, maybe that will be enough to comfortably play without getting oneshotted and absolutely destroyed in every typical scenario by almost every class (not by another NB....). Everyone was saying mnb was buffed in this update but it feels weaker and worse than ever.

Using the same skill bars and transmutation+skoria+war maiden. Doesn't work at all. Gonna collect Wizard's riposte and see if that's going to change anything. Not expecting much, tbh, but maybe that was the missing link?

Wizard's riposte really does help alot

but even though, imo, this is our best setup, we still feel very weak. We just cant pump out the same dmg others can since we are just always building up to merciless, and ive been hit harder by other classes abiliites that take significantly less setup.

We just are not in a good spot imo. but im trying to do what i can to make things work. hopefully next patch things are better
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this setup feels weak, too. More survivability but less damage, not really a game changer. mNB still kinda suck, but probably not enough for everyone to admit and zos to change anything. Before this update everyone would agree and you would not see many of them.

Well, now, I see them very rarely. And those aren't that strong. I have never got oneshot by a magicka NB. I have never had troubles with mNB. Sure, I'd lose some (but win more), but nothing that feels like it's mathematically impossible, you know? Sometimes I see that I did something wrong or I started the fight with no resources because of the previous fight etc. But other classes? Yeah, every single one of them has some weird build where they kill you with 1 button when you are doing everything possible.
  • Boradordin
    Boradordin
    ✭✭
    You YouTube video posters are really missing the boat! If I wanted to watch TV I would watch TV, I don't need to listen and watch you play. I need text I can read and study and not have to pause a f*%*%*%g video every 10 seconds.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running something incredibly similar! Transmutation is probably the strongest magblade caster set in game currently for PvP. But with mass hysteria on the front bar, is wizards reposte not a bit of a waste? All of your spells bar incap are magic damage so war maiden makes more sense IMO, which is what I'm running.

PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Dottzgaming
    Dottzgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boradordin wrote: »
    You YouTube video posters are really missing the boat! If I wanted to watch TV I would watch TV, I don't need to listen and watch you play. I need text I can read and study and not have to pause a f*%*%*%g video every 10 seconds.

if you have a problem with watching a video, you probably shouldnt be watching youtube and instead check forums or textual based websites.

Ill have text based build guides after HoTR, all of my other guides are on my website with a text version underneath.

but theres no need to get so angry over a video... lol of all the things to get mad about that isnt one of them.
    Edited by Dottzgaming on July 30, 2017 5:33PM
  • Dottzgaming
    Dottzgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running something incredibly similar! Transmutation is probably the strongest magblade caster set in game currently for PvP. But with mass hysteria on the front bar, is wizards reposte not a bit of a waste? All of your spells bar incap are magic damage so war maiden makes more sense IMO, which is what I'm running.

War maiden is a good choice as well, and an alternative i recommend.
    And no, wizards riposte isnt a waste. the minor maim from mass hysteria is short, while riposte is nearly permanent with how much people crit. i mainly use mass hysteria in this build for the undodgeable CC
  • Carpe-Veritatem
    Carpe-Veritatem
    ✭✭✭
    Really nice video! I know there was a post complaining of the format...but this is exactly the type I like! What I can't stand are those that simply show a player wrecking folks in Cyro while some maniacal acid rock song plays loudly, with ZERO explanation of build. Really appreciate ya taking the time to share it Dottzgaming. ;)
  • Dottzgaming
    Dottzgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really nice video! I know there was a post complaining of the format...but this is exactly the type I like! What I can't stand are those that simply show a player wrecking folks in Cyro while some maniacal acid rock song plays loudly, with ZERO explanation of build. Really appreciate ya taking the time to share it Dottzgaming. ;)

Thanks! I tried to make builds the way i enjoyed them: straightforward and to the point while explaining why i did what i did and the decision making process to back it. Glad you enjoyed that format :)
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    well maybe after the removal of clunkyness of merciless we get more vaible
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,