Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

magNB solo friendly?

Hambonee
Hambonee
Soul Shriven
I am having issues sorting through all the information..

I have two toons as a new player ..MagTemp and MagBlade

I really want to focus on the nightblade but don't want to be gimped in the things like trying to run vma(solo)..

So, is magic NB able to solo vma pretty easily(as easy as it can be) or should I focus on a Templar? Is a stam NB any better? Any build recommendations? I really don't want to go sorc as that seems to be the rage so stuck between my Templar and NM but (I hate to admit it) roleplaying and coolness factor would like to stick to NB if I am not gimping myself too bad.

Thanks!
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MagNB is generally considered an easier class for your first VMA attempts than magplar. You have terrific sustain, self-heals, and damage. Magblade is a great choice, don't worry!
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah magblade is fantastic for soloing stuff, even with the Morrowind nerfs to sustain. You can easily plow through most content with Willpower + Julianos as your base gear set.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Nightblade, Stamina Nightblade, and Magicka Templar are all good roles to attempt vMA, yes.

As you mentioned, you will need optimal gear so that you can really focus on the mechanics.

A simple search in the forums or at external streaming sites (e.g. Alcast) should yield some builds for you.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 6, 2017 7:26PM
  • Hambonee
    Hambonee
    Soul Shriven
    ok..MagNB it is!..thanks all!

One last question..is:
    Dual Wield and Destro staff
    or
    Dual Destro staff

the best option in your opinions?...will play with both but guides seem to be back and forth on the subject.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dual destro staff. Inferno front bar, Lightning back bar. With staff passives you'll want your AoEs on your back bar and your single target skills on your front bar.
    Magicka Nightblade, Stamina Nightblade, and Magicka Templar are all good roles to attempt vMA, yes.

As you mentioned, you will need optimal gear so that you can really focus on the mechanics.

A simple search in the forums or at external streaming sites (e.g. Alcast) should yield some builds for you.
    Magblade and Magplar can plow through vMA in Willpower + Julianos easily. Stamblade is the only class that really needs an "optimal" gear setup.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    MagNB is generally considered an easier class for your first VMA attempts than magplar. You have terrific sustain, self-heals, and damage. Magblade is a great choice, don't worry!

This plus mobility. Mobility is a big deal in vMA as it helps with positioning.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA