Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What to do? Any ideas?

Morgha_Kul
Morgha_Kul
✭✭✭✭✭
So... I've been playing in Vvardenfell, and practically EVERY mission is being ruined for me.

Tonight, I was doing the Haunted Grounds mission with the ghost busters in Gnisis. My objective is to go to defeat the Lich Galgalah atop an old fort.
So, I go there, and just as I arrive, someone is finishing him off (some max level person who wipes him in 2 hits). The result is that I get credit for YET ANOTHER enemy I didn't even get a chance to fight. I had been looking forward to the battle, and once again someone else finishes it before I can get involved, let alone enjoy it.

So, my question is: Is there a way to reset the objective? He seems only to spawn when the quest is active, but now that the objective has been completed he won't respawn. Would dropping the quest reset the whole arc back to the beginning, allowing me to start fresh, or would it just reset it to the objective I'm currently at (which would be no help)?

Any ideas?
Edited by Morgha_Kul on July 20, 2017 6:49PM
Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your only option is to abandon the quest and pick it up again.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya, that's what I did.

It's too bad. MANY quests have been ruined this way. There needs to be a way to reset an objective within a questline.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    Ya, that's what I did.

It's too bad. MANY quests have been ruined this way. There needs to be a way to reset an objective within a questline.

Yes, had to abandon a few quests due to bugs when I was far in to them. Maybe have a roll back 1 step of the quest if you do get in to somemthing that block your progress or something.
    PC EU/NA
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your other option is to wait for the next guy to arrive, so you can steal his boss. Though then you're spoiling his fun.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me on every other quest in Vvardenfell... so frustrating.
    I quit the area until this is fixed.. since I'm not even completing my own quests! :angry:

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Is this intended? For my quest to respond to someone else's action?
    While I don't even know the player who triggered my quest objective, let alone share a group with them..
    Edited by Saturnana on June 28, 2017 7:56AM
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What different worlds we live in. There are some Nords just outside of Ebonheart that new players have to fight and rather than watch them take a minute to kill these elite NPCs or die, I jump in and blow them up in under 6 seconds. I would think I'd be helping and saving them some time, not spoiling their fun.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's killing me but... I'm holding off questing in Vvardenfell for exactly this reason, I hate being boosted!, I'd much rather enjoy the quest fully..
    Kinda hoped the rush might've died down by now, unfortunately it's the same for every expansion in every MMO ever...
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I'm not blaming any of the players involved. Heck, I may have done the same thing to others without knowing it. I walk up, see a mean bad guy and start hitting him, but it might easily be someone's boss badguy.

Knowing this, I've taken some pains to pay attention to what I'm doing, so as not to spoil anyone else's fun.

Again though, there should be a way to remedy this. Simply letting us reset the most recent objective of a quest might do the trick.
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's also the fact that rarely are there any nodes or chests to be found, for me part of questing is also exploring and seeking out "goodies"..
    I agree you can't blame other players, they have as much right to enjoy the game as anyone!
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    What different worlds we live in. There are some Nords just outside of Ebonheart that new players have to fight and rather than watch them take a minute to kill these elite NPCs or die, I jump in and blow them up in under 6 seconds. I would think I'd be helping and saving them some time, not spoiling their fun.

I saw a guy in a dungeon in vvardenfell having terrible dmg on a mob so I killed the mob and made request to group, he accepted to my surprise(not alot of people do) after a while when I was killing all the monsters and we both were doing progress on the dungeon quest he said he was a new player who had just started and was doing some random quests and had no idea what he was doing. So I thought oh my I am ruining all his fun and asked if I did. But he said he appreciated it and it was sign of a good community.

So some dislike others do not.
    PC EU/NA
  • zinnia203
    zinnia203
    Soul Shriven
    as a new player i don't mind if higher rank players join in to help. I levelled up one because of it. helps a lot. I managed to join a group but I have a hard time keeping up with them then they will go off line. I don't chat because I find it hard to chat and play at the same time. I just hope players don't get up set if I don't chat. but i will join a group if asked.