The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

placing items in someone else's home?

Foiter
Foiter
Is there a Dev somewhere that might be able to answer if there's going to be an option to do this sometime in the near future?
wife just recently bought a house because she was excited to have a space we could share between us and our friends, the only problem is i'm the decorator and most of my items are account bound. So I'm wondering if it'd be possible to make an option to place your items in another persons house. This would be helpful for friends and guilds alike, make a new option in the permissions interface for it and we're golden.

just make it so no one but the person who placed them can take them back out/ if they need to be removed the guild leader can take them out, and they get mailed to who placed them.
could also force remove any items placed by a player that left a guild and mail them to the owner to prevent people from trying to take items from people or something... I don't know.

point is the option would be awesome.
thanks for your time.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if they're going to allow this, as it opens up a lot of issues of who owns the item once it's placed.

Either the game would have to track the items individual ownership (which I have no idea how complex a task it is) or they would have to have a system that items in houses are free for all to take for anyone with permissions, which is going to start a whole new era of falling outs and stolen items.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's that complicated to track who owns an item. LOTRO is a far older, rather outdated game engine and they've had this housing option forever. If you want to get rid of an item that isn't bound to you, you just click a "return to owner" button.

I too am waiting for the option to have more than one person place items in a house before I spend big money on crowns for one of the really expensive ones. There is no point in sharing a large home with other people if we have to step all over each other getting just one person to place the items.
  • Foiter
    Foiter
    it just sucks because i had a smaller house that i had been working with before she started playing, and had purchased a good few crown items to fill the space. and no i cant use any of it lol.
    i love the house she got, but i need to be able to place my things.