Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Deleting Tomb Rubbings....

LuvinThisMoment
LuvinThisMoment
Soul Shriven
Can I Delete The Tomb Rubbings In Morrowind? Or Put Them In The Bank, At Least?
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take them to the library in Vivec City. It starts a quest for the 'Librarian' title and the replica Red Mountain.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not delete them. Turn them in. That is the only way to be safe about it.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've been gone a long time but I've not gotten a prompt to perform a tomb rubbing like I did on the PTS. Is there some prerequisite I'm missing?
  • LuvinThisMoment
    LuvinThisMoment
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the help. First time playing this game. LoL....
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »
    I've been gone a long time but I've not gotten a prompt to perform a tomb rubbing like I did on the PTS. Is there some prerequisite I'm missing?

Nope, at least not when I did it a couple weeks ago. You only get one rubbing per tomb.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help. First time playing this game. LoL....

General Rule of Thumb, if something has a unique name and it's in your Misc Section of the inventory, keep it, someone will want it for a quest.

If you want to get rid of it, look it up at the UESP Wiki and it should tell you what it is for

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page

Edited by Nestor on July 5, 2017 7:57PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »

Nope, at least not when I did it a couple weeks ago. You only get one rubbing per tomb.

Curious. I've gotten no prompt on my new, 13th, toon. I'll have to take another one character there and see what happens. Thanks, @lordrichter
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, more items like this need to be marked as quest items and quest items should not count against your inventory.