Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What do you think makes a successful raid (trial) for vMOL first clear?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
What do you think makes a successful raid (trial)f or vMOL? Is it team work, good dps, tactics, leadership, smooka or something more?
Edited by Tasear on April 23, 2017 2:58PM
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, tactics are important, but at this point all vMoL tactics are available for everyone, so there's no need to invent anything on your first run. There's a lot of guides and videos so you can prepare for your first run.
    Teamwork and positive atmosphere are very important things, I think. And of course, perseverance is your best friend when youre planning to do vMoL with a new group. Yes, you will wipe... But its ok as long as you're learning from your mistakes and trying to improve. Recording your attempts might be a good idea, this way its easier to see the mistakes.
    Also, it might be easier to practice some things (like catching shadows on the last boss) on normal mode, so it will be less stressful when you approach vet Rakkhat.
    Its also very important that everyone in group understands how the mechanics work, how to avoid taking excessive damage, how to position yourself and enemies etc. You cant expect to burn through everything on your first try, even if your group's dps is very high, because it will be lower if dds are not familiar with the trial, and its better to just take your time and learn. It might seem intimidating at first, but it becomes easier as you learn. Don't give up! :)
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy attack lots of them.., oh sorry I mean after June 6. For now... practice,
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Walties99
    Walties99
    ✭✭✭
    Correct gear sets on your support roles, good warhorn rotation, understanding of how you are going to execute the pulls, knowing the kill order of the enemies, having dps that are parsing at the top range for their classes, and good group composition (having enough of the right type of each dps and the correct support roles)
  • Dantaria
    Dantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heeeeeeeh. I can offer you an opinion of a member of a progression group, it you're interested :)

DPS, Warhorn uptiming, etc are important, of course. vMoL is a serious business :) But not nearly as much...

...as a positive attitude, patience and willingness to learn.

vMoL is not a content which you can simply burn down with awesome DPS. Prepare for mechanics. Prepare for vet HM Ruins of Mazzatun level of b*****t: not only mechanics on their own are lethal, they also stack. And only God knows how they would stack.

Reading guides (or/and watching videos) and being there are two very different things. Get ready for hiccups. Inexperienced group will not progress as experienced one. Far from it. There can be absolutely unexpected situations and you will stumble. It's all fine.

The main problem of vMoL (and also the main allure of it, if you're into hard stuff :) ) is that a mistake of one player causes the death of several others. A mistake of one player easily can cause a whole wipe, yes. Easily.

Turn your mic off, inhale, exhale, turn it back on and say, 'We can do this' :)

And only in vMoL you can stumble upon a situation in which your best choice is to consciously die :D And I'm not talking about being carried: literally all kind of things can happen. All of them :D

TL;DR: the most important thing in trying vMoL are being patient and being able to remain calm and not rage when someone makes a mistake. And honestly... it's better to be ready to not pass it on 1st try. To be ready to take breaks and return and not give up. Never give up :)

Edit: grammar
    Edited by Dantaria on April 24, 2017 11:29PM
    English isn't my native, apologies for any mistakes.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leadership
    Teamwork
    Good x 2 chainers (IMPORTANT)
    Good Tanks
    Good Awareness on everyone's part all it takes is 1 ***.

PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    1. A good, calm, knowledgeable, shotcaller
    2. players who listen and have a modicum of situational awareaness
    3. good healers
    4. experienced tanks
    5. DPS who know at least something about putting out DPS

Mechanics, spacing, and kill orders, need to be explained before hand - and trial team members need to pay attention and do their jobs. And people need to stay alive.

That's about it.
    PS4 [NA]
    Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
    Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
    Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
    Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    The same group every time helps. After morrowind update I'm not too sure our group has what it takes. Before update we had the twins at 8% and 3% and now we are struggling to get below 50%. Why Zos why?
    Edited by Trashkan on June 28, 2017 3:03PM
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Trashkan

I led our Australian team through few times before the patch.

Honestly not much is different, it's hard to find out who is failing tbh.

I'd advise you tell each person to share with YOU their dps time on a dummy.
    I'd advise you tell people to use THE GOOD POTIONS not *** ones.
    I'd advise you have 1 person shotcalling and NO 1 else talking.
    I'd advise you replace constant offenders blowing people up (not fun wasting hours daily on 1-2 people)

There is def a damage (change) which people I firmly believe are not getting their heads around from what I've been reading so there's that too.

^ the above is all I can really suggest plenty of guilds/groups still clearing with absolute easy so it's going to be 1 or a few of the reasons as stated above.

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Walties99
    Walties99
    ✭✭✭
    DK's are consuming off balance price with flame lash very frequently this patch. With a DK chainer on each side and only 1 sorc, you are probably losing a lot of uptime on off balance since this is a split boss. My best recommendation is to try and get more sorcs/ lightning walls and test one the 50 mil dummy. We noticed a huge difference in VHOF by removing a sorc for a DK since those are all split bosses as well. It may not be the game changer but it should help.