Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

allow us to sell items we dont want

kratier
kratier
✭✭✭✭
instead of just the consumables, how about let us sell mounts and outfit pieces that we'll never use, like for races our characters are not. so we can buy items we can use.
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I really would've loved that because I decided to submit and fall prey to ZO$' scheme and buy some crates... First crate I opened I got the Dwemer bear mount which I loathe and find ugly... I asked my "friend" if I could trade it in for gems; couldn't. Would've traded it all in for the gems... Somehow I didn't get a single duplicate or Nix Hound though.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a few hideous items stuck in my collections folder forever from those crates. I'd LOVE if I could delete them. I'm betting the only reason ZOS doesn't want us to is because they don't want to deal with people who delete an item, then change their mind later and want it back. They need to just post a disclaimer when you go to delete it that says "Deleting this is permanent. We cannot bring back deleted items from the collections menu."
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Who wants the holiday outfit. Only worn once
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I have a few hideous items stuck in my collections folder forever from those crates. I'd LOVE if I could delete them. I'm betting the only reason ZOS doesn't want us to is because they don't want to deal with people who delete an item, then change their mind later and want it back. They need to just post a disclaimer when you go to delete it that says "Deleting this is permanent. We cannot bring back deleted items from the collections menu."

Exactly this... I would SO love to just be able to delete some of the stuff clogging up my collections that I absolutely hate.
    ->--Willow--<-
  • dusk194
    dusk194
    ✭✭
    Delete yes, you should be able to delete it ( though i personaly just ignore it, but i'm not OCD). You should not be able to sell it. Selling it to vendors or palyers would mean that you could effectivly buy gold for crowns.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even a hide feature would be nice. Just check a box to hide a particular outfit you don't like, would never or could never use.

I don't think they'll ever let you sell the gambling crate collectibles you don't want for gems. The gems feature was only implemented as a concession to the outcry against these things. Thus, the poor return on dupes and consumables. They don't want you to easily get what you do want - these crates are NOT designed to be consumer friendly.

Or wait, perhaps you should be able to sell them but for half the gems? EDIT: though if they allowed that, you'd unfortunately be getting only half the gems for any duplicates, as you'd keep trading in the items you don't want and haven't gone into your collection yet.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on July 3, 2017 5:13PM
  • FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that turning them into gems would be really usefull. There are so many items in the new crate season (Ashlander costumes and some random pets/mounts) that I didn't buy when they were in the crown store (because they are ugly IMO), that have returned and started fulling up my collections menu.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that turning them into gems would be really usefull. There are so many items in the new crate season (Ashlander costumes and some random pets/mounts) that I didn't buy when they were in the crown store (because they are ugly IMO), that have returned and started fulling up my collections menu.
    Those Ashlander costumes are vile. They look terrible on every one of my character except for one ... my only Argonian. They actually look OK on him.