The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Dolmens aren't showing on my maps at all - Help?

newtinmpls
newtinmpls
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Don't know what I did or undid, but Dolmens are not showing on my maps.

Any suggestions, pretty please? PC NA if it matters.
Edited by newtinmpls on July 2, 2017 6:57PM
Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Restart client, reload UI if you are using addons.

Im going to go ahead and assume these are dolmens you've already discovered.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both discovered and undiscovered. As far as my maps are concerned....no dolmens exist.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, make sure you have not hidden any items from the map view. If not that and you are referring to already discovered dolmens, maybe try disabling any add-ons. If you are referring to not yet discovered dolmens then you must have used some add-on like Destinations to display them. Check that the add-on is updated.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the description, Destinations says it shows Dolmens. When I go in-game, I can't find any option for it to do so. Looked in every menu I can find. Reinstalled it. Restarted the game. Tried to contact the mod author, but apparently i don't have that permission on ESOIU (nor do I have permission to start a thread -can 't find a thread there that discusses this).

I'm sure I'm missing something here.
    Edited by newtinmpls on July 2, 2017 7:15PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    First, make sure you have not hidden any items from the map view.

How would I even do that?
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @newtinmpls, while viewing the map, on the right there are some icons. One is for filter (I believe it looks like a funnel - not at my gaming machine to check at the moment). There should be a bunch of options of what to show and not show. The ones for Destinations should start with (Dest).

Also, note that not all areas have dolmens. For example, there are no dolmens in Morrowind or the DLC zones.

If you still cannot find it, let me know and I will try to screen capture it a bit later.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While viewing the map .... argh! I never even really tried that.

Okay lets see what this does!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Went to the map, found the funnel.

There is no option for Dolmens. Now granted it would be nice if the little suckers were in alphabetical order, but I have been up down and sideways.... no "dolmens"

unless I'm really crazy today.... which I don't rule out
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @newtinmpls, here is a screenshot I took with Destinations active and for a zone that I have not fully explored. Note the dolmen which is a black icon. Also note the various other unexplored areas. Finally, note the exclamation points for quest givers. Are you seeing anything like that?

I found that the dolmens do not have their own filter, but are covered under (Dest) Unknown POIs.

FG4CYmB.jpg

Are you seeing anything like that? If not, maybe check that Destinations is enabled in game or try checking the settings.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that's exactly what I'm seeing. But no dolmens. I was used to seeing them black for unknown, and white for known.

Even weirder, I went to a "new" dolmen, and briefly I could see it on my compass and map.

Now far away from it, it's gone again.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Yes, that's exactly what I'm seeing. But no dolmens. I was used to seeing them black for unknown, and white for known.

Even weirder, I went to a "new" dolmen, and briefly I could see it on my compass and map.

Now far away from it, it's gone again.

Do you have any other add-ons? Maybe there is a conflict between them. Perhaps try disabling all add-ons but Destinations and see if they appear and then one-by-one add your add-ons back to see which one conflicts. You might also try deleting the Destinations.lua file from the Saved Variables folder (under Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live).
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find dolmen in Tamriel appear on my map, all but the ones in cyrodill (those ones never showed), is that normal ?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignoring Destinations for a minute, do you have the default filter "Objectives" ticked in that list?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp