The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Cheat in cyrodiil (account sharing to maintain leaderboard position)

S1ipperyJim
S1ipperyJim
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi

In the current 7 day no cp campaign the current emperor is account sharing with his friend so that his friend plays his account while he sleeps to gain AP and maintain his leaderboard position. He was boasting about it in chat, I have full proof including video and screenshots. Not sure if this is the right area to report cheats and exploits, but please action.

Thanks

Can you do something about this cheat in cyrodiil 7 day no cp campaign. He has been account sharing with his friend so his friend plays while he sleeps so that he can gain AP 24/7 and maintain his leaderboard spot. He boasted about it in chat, screen shot link below. This is frustrating for those of us trying to play the campaign legit as we have no chance to overtake his leaderboard position playing normally even with minimal sleep :(

I have video and screenshot evidence.

Thanks @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

ildcuw28rwcc.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/33mS6
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to send that into support mate, they're just gonna close this thread for "name and shame" - you can't post other player's details here, even in screenshots from in-game.

I do agree though - it's a shame this stuff happens, it's the one reason I never wanted to try for emperor - either it's being shared around, or cheesed in various different ways - Emperor isn't a legitimate title and never has been :/
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
    Options
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »
    You need to send that into support mate, they're just gonna close this thread for "name and shame" - you can't post other player's details here, even in screenshots from in-game.

I do agree though - it's a shame this stuff happens, it's the one reason I never wanted to try for emperor - either it's being shared around, or cheesed in various different ways - Emperor isn't a legitimate title and never has been :/

It is legit for people like me though; who didn't cheese. Right?

Do put this into support though, already have the evidence so you should be good.

The Flyers
    Options
  • Dovahmiim
    Dovahmiim
    ✭✭✭
    I played from campaign reset to well after I got emperor. Glad to see you're a sore loser though lol, if you had just sent me a tell I would have told you that I didn't plan to keep emperor for longer than 2 days, you created hostility when there was no need to. If it is an consolation, it was extremely easy to beat you to emperor in the first 9 hours, you're quite a bad player :)
    I'm better.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone's gunna post a Popcorn gif / jpg any second...
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dovahmiim wrote: »
    I played from campaign reset to well after I got emperor. Glad to see you're a sore loser though lol, if you had just sent me a tell I would have told you that I didn't plan to keep emperor for longer than 2 days, you created hostility when there was no need to. If it is an consolation, it was extremely easy to beat you to emperor in the first 9 hours, you're quite a bad player :)

While OP Was wrong to name you here (against forum rules). You did, by definition, cheat at the game. He's not a sore loser - he's somebody who lost unfairly to a cheater. Account sharing is not allowed - it's against the rules. Using a method against the rules and then calling somebody a "sore loser" just shows a volatile and hostile side to the person who already thinks they're above the rules.
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

Options
  • Dovahmiim
    Dovahmiim
    ✭✭✭

While OP Was wrong to name you here (against forum rules). You did, by definition, cheat at the game. He's not a sore loser - he's somebody who lost unfairly to a cheater. Account sharing is not allowed - it's against the rules. Using a method against the rules and then calling somebody a "sore loser" just shows a volatile and hostile side to the person who already thinks they're above the rules.

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying, OP was beaten fair and square. While I will not comment on the accusations, I will say that I played on my account from the moment of campaign reset, up to and past the point of being emperor. I earned more AP than he did, and so I got emperor, no account sharing in the equation. So how did I win by cheating? After being emperor for 2 days, I left the campaign so that others could dethrone me and overtake my leaderboard position, as I knew others wanted emperor. I literally let this salty kid get Emperor, almost wish I'd seen this post beforehand lol.
    I'm better.
    Options
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Care to post the part of the TOS that says that "account sharing" is prohibited? Please elaborate if it isn't clear in the terms you used. Note: I'm not arguing one way or the other, but you made a pretty definitive statement so I'd like your take on it. Thanks!
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Someone's gunna post a Popcorn gif / jpg any second...

0.jpg
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who has been here for any length of time knows ZOS does not punish people who account share equally. Several people have account shared over the course, might get a 3 day ban *shrug* lower your expectations ESO becomes a much better game quickly.
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    smacx250 wrote: »

Care to post the part of the TOS that says that "account sharing" is prohibited? Please elaborate if it isn't clear in the terms you used. Note: I'm not arguing one way or the other, but you made a pretty definitive statement so I'd like your take on it. Thanks!

It is against the TOS to share accounts. You also have the ability to look it up.
    Options
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

It is against the TOS to share accounts. You also have the ability to look it up.
    I have (I've read the TOS multiple times), and I don't find what you state - that's why I asked. So since I've already looked it up, and apparently you've seen something I haven't been able to, care to post it?

Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I have (I've read the TOS multiple times), and I don't find what you state - that's why I asked. So since I've already looked it up, and apparently you've seen something I haven't been able to, care to post it?

If you did a simple search of "account sharing", you would have found this post by Jessica.

"Normally we do not discuss disciplinary actions taken on ESO game accounts, but in light of this particular situation’s public nature we’d like to explain a few things.

We do not allow account sharing to protect our players from the following:

Gold Farmers/Sellers
    Account Hacking

When a Terms of Service violation occurs, we do reserve the right to make exceptions on a case-by-case basis. In this case, we made a one-time, final exception for those involved due to the years of contributions they have provided the ESO community and team.

Anyone whose ESO account is suspended or banned may appeal the decision via our Support Portal. We can and do give players another chance when the situation warrants it."

Is that good enough for you? I mean you can claim that I haven't posted the actual part of the TOS, but this is a post from the company. Type "Account sharing". I'm sure you can find the same info. "Account sharing".
    Options
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you did a simple search of "account sharing", you would have found this post by Jessica.

"Normally we do not discuss disciplinary actions taken on ESO game accounts, but in light of this particular situation’s public nature we’d like to explain a few things.

Gold Farmers/Sellers
    Account Hacking

When a Terms of Service violation occurs, we do reserve the right to make exceptions on a case-by-case basis. In this case, we made a one-time, final exception for those involved due to the years of contributions they have provided the ESO community and team.

Anyone whose ESO account is suspended or banned may appeal the decision via our Support Portal. We can and do give players another chance when the situation warrants it."

Is that good enough for you? I mean you can claim that I haven't posted the actual part of the TOS, but this is a post from the company. Type "Account sharing". I'm sure you can find the same info. "Account sharing".
    That response indicates the TOS issue with account sharing is related gold farming and/or account hacking - where in the TOS does it specifically disallow account sharing in the absence of other TOS violations don't occur? Please quote the TOS, which are the terms that govern the relationship between players and ZOS.
    Options
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax terms of service:
    https://www.zenimax.com/legal_terms_us

9. Your Use of the Services

You further agree not to access, create, or provide any other means through which the Services, including, but not limited to, any Game(s), may be used or accessed by others, such as through server emulators.

Though not very direct - this means you cannot account share because protip: letting somebody use your system is providing them means.
    Edited by lagrue on July 3, 2017 2:35AM
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Gold Farmers/Sellers
    Account Hacking

That response indicates the TOS issue with account sharing is related gold farming and/or account hacking - where in the TOS does it specifically disallow account sharing in the absence of other TOS violations don't occur? Please quote the TOS, which are the terms that govern the relationship between players and ZOS.

Wow. You take the cake. What part of "We do not allow account sharing..." do you fail to understand? And...gonna pass on continuing this with you. Not worth my time.
    Options
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold Farmers/Sellers
    Account Hacking

Wow. You take the cake. What part of "We do not allow account sharing..." do you fail to understand? And...gonna pass on continuing this with you. Not worth my time.

Selective reading is quite a skill -_- People like that guy are just as bad as the cheaters - doing anything to defend them from conduct we all know isn't allowed -_-
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

Options
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax terms of service:
    https://www.zenimax.com/legal_terms_us

9. Your Use of the Services

You further agree not to access, create, or provide any other means through which the Services, including, but not limited to, any Game(s), may be used or accessed by others, such as through server emulators.

Though not very direct - this means you cannot account share.
    That means that you can't go around their own software to provide access to their content. This is much more relevant to "account sharing", and is where I see the question on this topic:

Accounts are non-transferable under all circumstances. You have sole liability for all activities on Your Account and/or under Your user names. You may be held liable for losses incurred by ZeniMax or other third parties due to someone else using Your Account, user name or password. Your Account or certain features of Your Account may be restricted, suspended, and/or terminated if someone else uses Your Account, user name or password to engage in activity that violates these Terms of Service or is otherwise improper or illegal. You agree to notify ZeniMax immediately of any unauthorized use of Your Account, user name, or password, or any other breach of security.

Note that this section explicitly discusses other's access to your account, and explicitly states that action may be taken upon "losses incurred by ZeniMax or other third parties" or if it "violates these Terms of Service or is otherwise improper or illegal". Absent is an explicit declaration that another person accessing your account in a TOS violation - which would have been a much shorter and simpler thing to state than all the other conditions that were written in.
    Options
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold Farmers/Sellers
    Account Hacking

What you also fail to understand is that this whole thing was nearly immediately reversed by ZOS, and the ban uninitiated. And while I greatly value ZOS moderator feedback, if it isn't supported by the TOS then it is perfectly open to being questioned.
    Edited by smacx250 on July 3, 2017 2:46AM
    Options
  • Dovahmiim
    Dovahmiim
    ✭✭✭
    Lol no more replies from SaltyJim, I bet he thought he didn't get first emp of the campaign due to account sharing. F A L S E
    I'm better.
    Options