The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Scoring not working with Shield Breaker

Crom_CCCXVI
Crom_CCCXVI
✭✭✭✭✭
Not 100% sure how BG determines who gets the kill when multiple people are hitting a target, but I know for a fact people using "shield breaker" set are getting ripped off.
Was playing with a group, the Sorc we were hitting had at least 15K shields when he died, I was using shield breaker I made the final few attacks for the kill, my buddy was just standard DPS crystal fragging or something along that line- and it gave him the kill and me the assist. Happened multiple times, but this instance was clear.

• Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good imo
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • HeathenDeacon
    HeathenDeacon
    ✭✭✭
    sounds like you got your kill stolen by the Sorc excute proc passive, 'Implosion'.
    -happens in every single BG. I lose about 5-10 kills a game to it if i'm playing with a Sorc.
    They should give kill credit to multiple people who contribute a certain threshold of damage to the kill, IMO.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muhaha, even the game knows shield breaker is such a cheese that it doesn't give points for using it. :D
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually you get points for assists, just like kills..... It's just scoring wrong.

What is "cheese", is Sorcs who have become so reliant on sheild stacking they have forgotten how to play.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, shield breaker is one of the most overpowered sets against light armor user. Especial against any class without another single target burst heal than healing ward(sorc, nb). If you loose against them with shield breaker on you got outplayed really hard.

Also almost all light armor user have to use a shield or they will get just get destroyed by procs in pvp, they do NOT have any other defense against damage.

Shield break is just one more lazy band-aid-fix from zos with basically an auto-win against most light armor builds.

imo auto win= cheese

(Don't get me wrong i don't blame you for using that set it is zos fault for introducing it)
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23