Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Getting Back Into the Game

Skraticus
Skraticus
✭✭✭
Hey everyone,

I played Beta plus the first year ESO was out, which in all honesty was probably the worst time to be playing it.

I tried it a handful of months ago to see how much had changed. Just a quick update/login, run around and do nothing for a couple hours. Pretty much felt the same. Thought the biggest thing was the "One Tamriel". Even though I was a vet rank from back in the day, I felt like total weak sauce to everything, and watching a level 2 insta kill something I was struggling with was disheartening to say the least. I made a new character and ran around, and yes, mobs were much easier. Not sure if my gear was just aged an useless or what, but being leveled up felt like a step backwards instead of up.

Anyway, with the Morrowind update and the new Warden class, I really wanted to give this another go. I do want to enjoy this game, but hopping back in I just don't know. I'm really not crazy about not being able to change classes on a character, and I understand it's "easy" to level up, but some things aren't so easy to redo. Like upgrading your mounts. Stuff like that you can't make go any faster (unless some things have changed, but I think all of that is stuck to your toon).

I'd like to try the new Warden class, but the thought of having to redo so many things is a big turn off. So with that said, is my NB Tank still viable? I can stay alive through a lot from what I've done so far, but man do I feel like I'm doing no damage whatsoever. Any pointers from those who played before One Tamriel and know where I'm coming from?
  • LorenzoSober
    LorenzoSober
    ✭✭✭
    Alot has changed since the beta, it would definitly be worth your time if you decided to join again. Since the one Tamriel update ZOS pulled all level resitrictions on leveling content which made it feel more like a The Elder Scrolls game.

As for the question about the Nightblade i cannot answer you because i lack te personal experience. But from reading the forums i'd say it is still pretty viable to play a NB Tank.

I was in the same boat as you are right now but i am actually glad i decided to return and experience the many improvements myself!
    DC - Dunmer - Magicka Templar - Healer.
    EP - Bosmer - Stamina Warden - DPS