Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Xbox one - New player seeking leveling help/advice

ckerr08
ckerr08
Hello everyone,

I'm a new player to ESO and absolutely love the game so far. Unfortunately, I spent the last 2 weeks playing a terrible race/class combo. I love PvP and through research I realize how important a good race/class combo is. I want to get as close to 31 (the level I reached on the wrong character) as possible. I've searched fast leveling guides and it seems you need one of two things: someone higher level to help you or 'leveling gear' as it was referred to in the video. I am seeking for someone to help me level or out of the kindness of their heart, create me leveling gear. :smile:

Anything at all, even advice, is greatly appreciated! Any help will be repaid tenfold in the future! Thanks for reading the post. Send me a message if you think you can help. :blush:

Gamertag: IrishHo0ligan (second letter is a zero)
  • Arcon2825
    Arcon2825
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You should also tell people which server you're playing on, EU or NA.
    Personally I think it's not very useful to craft training gear, because since One Tamriel you should try to keep your items close to your character level. So your crafted gear is outdated very soon.
    Xbox EU
    CP 1400+:
    Laeleith - Magicka Sorcerer DD, Vampire
    Maryssía - Stamina Dragonknight Tank
    Thaleidria - Magicka Templar Healer
    Zemene - Magicka Necromant DD
    Poohie - Magicka Warden DD
    Elyveya - Stamina Nightblade DD
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you reply use @davey1107 in your post so the system tags me.

1. What race/class combo was your original? (Assuming they're still around and you didn't delete). Every combo has a use in ESO...maybe we can respec that character for another use.

2. Server? Xbox NA?

I'm on PS4 so I can't make you gear, but I can advise you on leveling.

Training gear is very helpful. It's going to provide a 35-50% xp boost. You'll want to replace your gear every ~6 levels because of how One Tamriel works...underlevel gear will destroy you, lol. Green is fine...no real reason to waste mats on above that. Because you'll be making a lot of gear sets, investing in a little trait research and making your own is a good option. Find someone to make you training gear for research, then research whatever other traits you can find so you can craft 2 or 3 trait sets. For a stam character a mix of night silence and ashen grip is fine. Magic can go Seducer, torugs pact or two,ights embrace. It doesn't really matter at lower levels, the key is getting some set piece buffs. You can complete 3 trait research on pieces you wear in under a week - maybe even turn that old toon into a crafter.

Secondly, if your character has gold you might want to run psijic ambrosia. For fast leveling I use this. I like to grind up provisioning first to spend points in coinsosoir to make it last 50 minutes. Easy enough, grab a recipe then ask guildies or zone chat for 50 each of the ingredients needed. Grind, rank up provision, then obtain the next level recipe and get those ingredients. Chefs and brewers sell writ recipes. Regardless, your looking at about 4,000 gold per dose of psijic.

On to leveling. I don't personally like the super grind for newbies. You're not going to learn your character, and this will hurt you as vet. By super grind I mean finding a group and button mashing to 50, lol. However, leveling fast and efficient isn't bad.

When I have a new character, I start with dolmens. Join a big guild and travel to online players to open wayshrines, then go close as many dolmens as you can. You get a giant xp bonus off the first dolmen close, plus xp toward fighters guild, which you will definitely need if you're a stam toon (and probably magic too).

Secondly, once past level 15 I run the public dungeons. Sure you can run skyreach over and over, but the 20 public dungeons (incl 4 in DLCs) have 20 group event skill points and 6 2/3 skill points from shards. Your character needs these...you're going to end up getting them eventually anyway, so why not do it when the leveling is needed? The public dungeon quests are also big xp boosts. Also, review any achievements for that dungeon...any completed achievement helps level your undaunted line, which will appear later, but achievements give you a nice head start.

This is a good place to do a psijic or other xp boost run. When I do it, I finish but don't turn in two world boss quests (see below) then identify two public dungeons I need and make sure that character has wayshrines nearby. Then I take the xp potion, turn in my quests, and quickly run both dungeons.

Mixed in as you like, World boss quests in wrothgar (shatul Inn), Gold Coast (kvatch) and Morrowind are worth a lot. My friend and I also run some "zone clears". No quests...we pull up a map and clear the delves, and grab the overland shards and lore books. A zone takes about 90 minutes.

Like I said, this isn't the fastest way to level, but it's a fast way to level well...and it gives you skill points you'll need. A pvp character is going to need 25-50 skill points from shards and quests...you'll eventually want to invest in every single passive that helps you at all.