Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crown store Items, Accounts & Megaservers [Answered, thanks]

Casts-Magic-Missile
Casts-Magic-Missile
Soul Shriven
So I have 8/8 characters on the American server currently but I don't want to delete any of them for my own reasons but I have also purchased some crown store items that if I'm not mistaken are linked to a users account.

What would happen if I connected to the European server in this instance - what I would like to know is the following please:

What crown store items are maintained regardless of server:

- Crown store pets - The non combat vanity pets.
- Crown Store mounts - these are basically convenient re-skins of what can be purchased in game
- Account upgrades - the any race in any alliance feature, maybe the DLC pack later.
-
I would expect that anything in the bank or bags, regardless of source, of characters on one server cannot be access from the other server.

Looking at the crown store out of game at http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/crownstore and checking the following:

Starter Pack - no mention of being account bound or server bound
Adventurer Pack - no mention of being account bound or server bound
Guilds and Glory - no mention of being account bound or server bound
Edited by Casts-Magic-Missile on July 2, 2017 9:26PM
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You'll have none of these things. Anything you buy in crown store is server bound. This includes dlcs. ESO+ is cross server though. Any crowns spent deplete on both servers but only buy stuff on one.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything purchased in the crown store is server-bound.

Things only carry over to the other server if you buy them outside the game. For example if you have Morrowind then you'll have it on both servers. If you subscribe to ESO Plus you'll have it on both servers.

Some items are confusing because they can be obtained in multiple ways. For example if you have the DLC because you have ESO Plus then you'll have it on both servers, if you bought it from the crown store then you'll only have it on 1 server. Likewise if you bought the Imperial Edition of the game or bought the Imperial Upgrade back when it was sold through the website then you'll have it on both severs but if you bought it in the crown store then you'll only have it on 1 server.

The other thing to be aware of is that your crown balance is shared. If you spend crowns on the European Server you will lose them from the American server too. So you can buy all the same stuff again (if it's still on sale) but you'll need twice as many crowns to do it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Casts-Magic-Missile
    Casts-Magic-Missile
    Soul Shriven
    that information should be written down somewhere out of game - admittedly I probability overlooked it while trying to find the answer to this question before posting here.

Thanks for the answers Magdalina and Danikat.